Public charter
Tucson, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted June 25, 2014
sky islands is not only a school but for many students it is their home. The staff at Sky Islands offer a safe and positive environment for all students. The teachers let the students know that there are no limitations to what they want to accomplish as long as they are willing to put in the work. As a parent of three graduates from Sky Islands High School I recommend this high school to all parents who want an environment where the children are always made to feel important and they are teachers as well. The atmosphere of the school is that of a big family.

Sky Islands High School 4

Posted June 11, 2014
If you are looking for a quality education in a smaller school setting, Sky Islands is the answer. Our son has blossomed and matured and did not get "lost in the shuffle" which was our concern about a regular high school setting. His teachers treat him with respect. They do not tolerate any bullying or negative behavior among students. Hats off to Sky Island!

Posted June 11, 2014
Our grandson will be entering his junior year at Sky Islands. Since I taught school all of my adult life, I am very pleased with the academic opportunities that are offered at this school. The students study new information that will help them in their adult years. We appreciate the stress that is put on the environment and other green activities. Our grandson has made the following statements: I learn something new in my classes everyday, the teachers take time to work and help each individual student, and I always feel like I am a real part of the school .

Posted June 02, 2014
My son has completed two years at Sky Islands High and he doesn't like to miss school or be late. He has a sense of belonging at the school and he goes in and participates in school projects and even clean-up details during the breaks. My sincere thanks to the teachers, assistant director and director of the school for their commitment to my son's education. :-)

Posted February 23, 2014
the kid likes the school.. its the only school that she will go to. she says there are no bullies. seems to love everything about it. they are more like a collage with there rules

Posted July 26, 2012
Sky Islands saved my life. This is a quote from my daughter, now 20 years old. She had gotten into trouble at a school in TUSD. We used to drive past Sky Islands on my way to work, so we stopped in to check it out. That was the best decision we made. The school is small enough to give individual attention to kids that get lost in the big school district system. My daughter thrived and everyday she came home with new enthusiasm about learning. She graduated, which she never would have done in TUSD, and is still so happy that we enrolled her there. My son was different. He too, got in trouble in TUSD, but fought me about transferring to Sky Islands. In fact, he fought everyone. The staff had many little run-ins with him, but they stuck by him. It took him almost two years to figure out that he needed to find the desire to graduate within himself. When he did, Sky Islands was right there for him. They saw that he wasn t confident in his reading skills and brought in a special teacher to tutor him. They also hired a math teacher who really helped build his confidence with the math AIMS. He graduated this past year! I m so proud of him and so thankful to everyone at the school.

Posted July 10, 2012
My son was attending a public high school and getting lost in the multitude of students they had, he was failing and not very interested in what he was learning. My daughter was already a student at Sky Islands, so we enrolled my son there and I never thought the day would come when he would come home and ask questions about things he was learning in class. We went to Nogales, Mexico one day, and while walking around the shops my son asked if he could have some money to buy a carved wooden turtle for one of his teachers, out of couriosity I asked whey, he he replied he was the best teacher ever! He make him think! That says it all! The teachers and staff are the best, and take an interest in the students as individuals, not as just another number.

Sky Islands High School 0

Posted March 23, 2010
Students really like this school. They say that they really like the classes and the teachers are smart and helpful. The administrative staff pays close attention and takes care of problems quickly and fairly. The director started the school herself from years of teaching teachers, and keeps a firm hand on the curriculum and courses. There is a zero tolerance for gangs and drugs. And the students do not organize into cliques.

Posted May 05, 2009
This school is great. The curriculum is focuses on developing the 'whole-person,' preparing the student not only for continuing their education, but to succeed and be happy in the world once they are done with school. Small class sizes present the ability to develop close relationships among the staff and students, which further personalizes the education for the student.

Sky Islands High School
6000 E 14th St Tucson, AZ 85711, Tucson, AZ  85715
Last modified Sky Islands High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sky Islands High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top