Posted February 22, 2015
My daughter goes to the Kindergarten at this school. She loves her teacher and even wants to be a teacher when she grows up. Her teachers have done a great job and she has learned a lot since she started there, including history, math, science, and languages. I really appreciate the teacher's efforts to help each student.

Sonoran Science Academy - Broadway 4

Posted February 20, 2015
My wife and I really enjoy the school for the most part. My daughter adores her kindergarten teacher and has really done well in her class. The material is fairly advanced for a kindergarten level and has challenged her to perform at a higher level. The only problem with the school for me personally is the expectation for the students to be on time and punctual, however it would seem that the staff is not held to that same expectation. Every event we have attended always seems to start late and staff members scramble to prepare for events at the last minute. I would strongly encourage the leadership of the school to change this practice since it illustrates a lack of professionalism in my book. Overall I would rate the school for my daughters first year an above average for her exceptional teacher s abilities, to address concerns about the children, and her overall involvement in my daughter s academic performance.
20 people found this helpful

Sonoran Science Academy - Broadway 2

Posted February 19, 2015
I have 2 kids attending this school. I have to say it is not a good school. Teachers that dont like their jobs yelling at kids yryin to impose their authority. Substitutes that have no experience at all in handling kids. The principal impossible to reach to discuss situations at class. Dining room with a prison like environment. Parents afraid to complaint because their kids might get affected. But of course they are eager to get your donations. I will encourage parents to write their review on here

Sonoran Science Academy - Broadway 4

Posted January 24, 2015
This school isn't the norm. This is why my kids attend. It is a multicultural college prep with higher than normal expectations. If as a parent you want easy then go elsewhere. I don't want your "lazy" keeping my "motivated winner" from succeeding. Yes teachers have an accent but so do college/university instructors. Its reality! Turkish culture isn't forced. This is absurd! We live in the USA which is made up of MANY cultures. My kids love their friends of many cultures. The successful fundraisers were for a good cause..an outdoor water fountain! Please attend Booster meetings!
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 15, 2014
I am a student that here I love ssa-b it challenges us to the limit it teaches us respect other and it is very carefully there is no place in this school were it accept bulling or harshening we kid feel so safe here best school!!!!!!

Sonoran Science Academy - Broadway 1

Posted October 04, 2014
This school is ran more like a business than it is a school. Seems like there is always a request for more money. Also, I understand diversity and kids learning a different language, but turkish culture is being forced into each student. There has been numerous teachers and students that have left the school due to numerous complaints of the staff. I think this school has a different agenda than just teaching students to the best of their ability. Im sure you can figure out what the agenda is with a brief search on google. Alot of the teachers in the elementary are great teachers, but once you get into middle school...very different story. The teachers speak very broken english and the students have a hard time understanding the teachers. The teachers yell and discipline the students alot more than they should as well. No matter the grade level, kids have about 3 to 6 hours worth of homework a night. Are the parents doing the teaching, or should teachers be doing their job instead of running a business and disciplining our children? STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS SCHOOL.... BEST CHOICE WE MADE WAS TO LEAVE IT!!!!
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 21, 2014
SSA Broadway is a God send to my family. My son is special needs & is thriving here. We've been to 8 schools prior to last year but we've found our home. We couldn't be happier with them. It's a small school and I know some of the staff and parents drive over 50 miles a day due to their dedication to this school. Ms. Tracy is an amazing support to our son. Mrs. Jakdeo and Mr. Kochak are fantastic leaders to their staff. While there is one very loud middle school teacher, she's just very loud. All of my children love Mrs. H, Ms. Tess, Mrs. McFarland and Ms. Patricia like family. We're glad that the front desk staff makes sure that they are aware of the happenings in and around school keeping it safe. Thankfully, they make it their business to know who's around and why. When we leave our children at school we know that those four ladies will take care of them and love them. Even on the most chaotic days we enjoy the professional, funny, welcoming environment. The parent involvement is outstanding. Communication is better than ever this year. Mrs, Jakdeo, Mrs. Morley and Ms. Nix mix great teaching, disciplined classrooms & challenging curriculum. This is why our kids love school.

Posted September 20, 2014
I am so happy that my both kids are attending a school that teaches respect and understanding of different cultures. So proud to be part of SSA-B. Best school in Arizona! (A parent posted on school's Facebook)

Posted September 20, 2014
This is about the community I choose for my child. Who do I want to expose my precious baby to? SSA-B is an academically challenging, culturally stimulating, socially inviting, emotionally satisfying, loving, and sometimes delightfully loud environment. There is always welcoming laughter, familial interaction, intellectual stimulation and friendliness. Is it perfect? Very close. From the moment you park your car until the moment you drive away, you're treated like an important member of the community. When I enter, I'm always greeted by my name and a big welcoming smile. They all know my name and the name of my child. They smile and cajole when we see them. They recognize us at the grocery store. We are invited to wonderful extracurricular activities and after school clubs. The childcare staff rocks. When picture day came and I had forgotten my check book, one of the ladies up front paid for my son's pictures without knowing if I'd pay her back. It isn't just a school, but a safe, stimulating, thought provoking and beautiful community that my wife, child and I feel grateful to belong to. For anyone who has a complaint, look inward. SSA-B is a rare gem.

Sonoran Science Academy - Broadway 1

Posted September 15, 2014
I completely agree that Teachers at this school act completely overwhelmed and uncaring regarding the children with needs. If your child has any special needs STAY AWAY from this school. I visited the school on several occasions for my kid and the way teachers talk to kids disgusts me, they are not nice or understanding at all They just yell at kids at the top of their lungs when they do something wrong it was shocking the way the talk to kids, yes i understand they should be punished when something they do is wrong but the way they talk to them is plain out rude and shows how little patience they have for kids. It's a good school curriculum wise but the teachers are rude, the office ladies are plain out rude and very nosy, i just don't understand how some of the people here have jobs when they talk down to kids and parents.

Sonoran Science Academy - Broadway
6880 E. Broadway Blvd., Tucson, AZ  85710
Last modified Sonoran Science Academy - Broadway is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sonoran Science Academy - Broadway Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top