School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I am so happy that my both kids are attending a school that teaches respect and understanding of different cultures. So proud to be part of SSA-B. Best school in Arizona! (A parent posted on school's Facebook)
September 20, 2014

Posted May 08, 2015
What's good: The teachers teach a great curriculum, multicultural environment, since there are few good options in the area, this is the better one. The elementary Science Olympiad teacher is excellent. What's bad: Too much yelling, lack of organization, frequent last minute changes, a few busy-body teachers. I'm sure the principals know who they are.

Posted May 08, 2015
This school is better than most TUSD schools. The kids excel if the parents are serious about the kids getting a good education and they must participate. The staff is mostly good. There are a few bad apples and the definitely ruin it for everyone else. On a scale of 1 to 10 I give it a 6, it's meh, not horrible but not in the top 25% either. The physical building it terrible and old and the parking lot gravel shreds the children but the principal has made improvements so it's not as bad. There are issues with the on our deans causing hard feelings and upset and the other is way over burdened and has an unfair share of work. That said. MOST of us really love and care for our students just alike at most schools.

Posted May 08, 2015
Ms. McConnell, Ms. Ashley & Coach R have very high expectations. That's awesome. That is all.

Posted May 08, 2015
This school has some very good teachers. There have been improvements to the building and parking lot. The Science Olympiad teachers are both fantastic. I wish them the best.

Posted May 08, 2015
Well, the principal asked us to write a review and today my daughter reminded me to do it. I taught at TUSD for 35 yrs. I have grandchildren at this school and DM. DM is wonderful but this school has fallen from a high standard. Ms. Diana & Ms. Xochey are very rude to parents. I hate to see them at school functions. For several years we've watched Xochey get worse. Why so bossy and mean? Ms. Marinela has been complaining about something since the day I laid eyes on her years ago. The new woman in the office is very rude. She's good with the children but not suited for her new position, always screaming and no finesse. We miss the inviting, loving atmosphere Mrs. Patricia created and so do my grandkids. She made them feel cared for & safe. If we had our druthers, Mr. Hakan, Mr. Jensen, Ms. Morley, Mrs. McConnell & Ms. Ashley would teach them for years until ours were done with school. This isn't what the principal wanted but school is a place that children and families should want to be. The staff is really making that harder & harder.

Sonoran Science Academy - Broadway 1

Posted April 09, 2015
I used to believe in the school and their mission. I brought friends into the group. My family is disappointed in the poor community here. When the new SPED teacher came, we thought there would finally be something better. No. Just more of the same For my daughter. The administration is constantly making last minute policy changes. They are very inconsistent and make excuses instead of solving issues. There's a woman who screams at the children and parents in the morning at drop off. The middle school teachers and a 3rd grade teacher scream a lot. I can't wait until summer when we leave. It's now very unprofessional and petty.

Sonoran Science Academy - Broadway 5

Posted February 22, 2015
My daughter goes to the Kindergarten at this school. She loves her teacher and even wants to be a teacher when she grows up. Her teachers have done a great job and she has learned a lot since she started there, including history, math, science, and languages. I really appreciate the teacher's efforts to help each student.

Posted February 20, 2015
My wife and I really enjoy the school for the most part. My daughter adores her kindergarten teacher and has really done well in her class. The material is fairly advanced for a kindergarten level and has challenged her to perform at a higher level. The only problem with the school for me personally is the expectation for the students to be on time and punctual, however it would seem that the staff is not held to that same expectation. Every event we have attended always seems to start late and staff members scramble to prepare for events at the last minute. I would strongly encourage the leadership of the school to change this practice since it illustrates a lack of professionalism in my book. Overall I would rate the school for my daughters first year an above average for her exceptional teacher s abilities, to address concerns about the children, and her overall involvement in my daughter s academic performance.

Sonoran Science Academy - Broadway 2

Posted February 19, 2015
I have 2 kids attending this school. I have to say it is not a good school. Teachers that dont like their jobs yelling at kids yryin to impose their authority. Substitutes that have no experience at all in handling kids. The principal impossible to reach to discuss situations at class. Dining room with a prison like environment. Parents afraid to complaint because their kids might get affected. But of course they are eager to get your donations. I will encourage parents to write their review on here

Posted January 24, 2015
This school isn't the norm. This is why my kids attend. It is a multicultural college prep with higher than normal expectations. If as a parent you want easy then go elsewhere. I don't want your "lazy" keeping my "motivated winner" from succeeding. Yes teachers have an accent but so do college/university instructors. Its reality! Turkish culture isn't forced. This is absurd! We live in the USA which is made up of MANY cultures. My kids love their friends of many cultures. The successful fundraisers were for a good cause..an outdoor water fountain! Please attend Booster meetings!

Sonoran Science Academy - Broadway
6880 E. Broadway Blvd., Tucson, AZ  85710
Last modified Sonoran Science Academy - Broadway is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sonoran Science Academy - Broadway Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top