Public charter
Tucson, AZ
After care: No

Posted December 02, 2014
We love this school! The teachers are highly qualified and really care about students. We're always amazed at the amount of time the teachers spent after school and even on weekends with the students, working on math, robotics, and fun activities (potlucks, trips, etc.). My son has gone through middle school at SSA, and is now attending high school there. We couldn't be happier.

Posted November 29, 2014
During the first year of my son on this school, he had some challenges with some of his teachers and classmates probably because he is a new student. On his second year on this school, it's great. He has an excellent grades. I love this school. It's focus is STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). And there are extra curricular acgivites such as clubs, sports and etc. We are so proud and grateful that we put our son on this school. The teachers are great and amazing and so with the Principal and the administrative personnel. The teacher and student ratio is great. School has great communication to the parents. I greatly recommend this school to for any parent/student for Great school in Tucson.

Posted November 25, 2014
Sonoran Science Davis Monthan is wonderful. They are great communicating with parents. Teachers work closely with students and give opportunities for help whenever needed.

Posted November 24, 2014
My son has been at the school since it opened. We have had many ups and downs, but the staff has been very supportive and helpful. We like the ratio of teacher to students and felt this has been a big plus. Communication between the school and parents still needs work.

Posted November 24, 2014
SSA-DM is an excellent school. The teachers, administration, the curriculum and the communication are the reasons I have my son and daughter at this school. They are proud and care about their students.

Posted November 24, 2014
As a parent, i enjoys that this school gives my son an opportunity to grown in his favorite subjects: Math, Science & Technology. I believe the school overall has much to offer to those who are willing to learn, though my biggest concerns continues to be the lack of classroom control by teachers in classroom. After school programs are also given according to the interest of students, which i am thankful. Class sizes are also small, which is a definite plus!

Posted May 20, 2014
We are proud parent of 7th grader daughter. She did really great job academically. Uhe teachers are well trained and work hard for the students. They are very dedicated to the success of the students. The work is challenging but not impossible. They are given many opportunities to be successful in their academics. There are also very many clubs and activities to get involved in the school as well. Unfortunately we move out from Tucson this year. If we have a chance to return to Tucson, definitely we will put her in this school.

Posted February 28, 2014
My stepson is an 8th grader SSA Davis Monthon. The mathematics curriculum and the enrichment mathematics club offer opportunities that are better than anything in any other Tucson school. I have been a full time time Mathematics teacher at Pima Community College for 30 years. But as a Parent-helper in SSA 's Math A+ program, I have seen better problems and more valuable individual instruction than any school anywhere else In last month's Southern Arizona Mathematics competition, Sonoran Science Academy's three Tucson schools took the TOP THREE best performing places among the 14 schools (which (including some Basis Charter Schools). William B. Martin

Posted February 27, 2014
This is a great school. My son switched to SSA-DM in 6th grade because he was not challenged enough (or interested enough) by his old school. He's in 8th grade now and plans to stay for high school. The teachers work really hard, and that motivates the students to work hard, as well. The A+ math club has been absolutely fantastic, and so is the science class this year. The emphasis on the use of technology feels modern and rational, not faddish or gimmicky. When problems arise, the teachers and the administration are always willing to listen to the kids and the parents and find a way to resolve them. We're lucky to have found this school. And no, you don't have to be military to go here. Anyone can become a student. It just takes a few days to get DM base passes.

Posted February 26, 2014
Being a proud parent of a 8th grader at this school, I need to thank all the teachers and the administration for their great dedication towards the STEM education he gets there. Curriculum he gets is rigorous compared to other AZ schools and as a result, School leads in more science and math competitions not only in AZ, but nationally. the education kids get here is well balanced and most of studentss are ready and accepted for reputed colleges by the time when they finish high school. I must mention about the extracurricular clubs like, A+ math, Science Olympiad, and also sports like soccer, volleyball etc. So, I recommend this middle \High school as a great choice for any parent looking for excellent schools for their talented and challenged kids.

Sonoran Science Academy - Davis-Monthan
5741 E. Ironwood St, Tucson, AZ  85708
Last modified Sonoran Science Academy - Davis-Monthan is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sonoran Science Academy - Davis-Monthan Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top