Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Sonoran Science Academy - Davis-Monthan 1

Posted March 04, 2016
The school is very disorganized. After school activities or extra curricular activities are few and far between. School sports are a joke. The only foreign language offered is Turkish?! The math program is taugh by a computer program because the teacher is too overwhelmed with teaching other grades. Math isn't being taught, it is being practiced (via computer program) without having a lesson. The teacher turn around rate is ridiculous. My daughter has had two new teachers in a semesters time. And from what I understand this is a common occurrence. As far as I'm concerned I can't wait for this year to end so my daughter can start fresh at her new school next year.

Posted March 12, 2015
I like the structure of the school and professionalism of Sonoran Science Academy - DM. My son receiving excellent education, learning life skills and has goals, because of the INSPARATION AND POSITIVE SUPPORT from all teachers. I m impressed that teachers and the Principal are aware of my child education level, behaviors and strengths. I always feel welcome and easy to communicate with front desk manager and the school nurse as well.

Posted March 11, 2015
I love going to work every day, as the students are really good kids with caring parents who collaborate with us regarding their child's learning. The staff often work well beyond the normal daily hours, participate in school events which may occur on weekends and evenings, and are truly interested in students' well being in and outside of school. SSA D-M is a family of which I am delighted that I belong.

Sonoran Science Academy - Davis-Monthan 3

Posted February 18, 2015
Our daughters attend SSA one in middle school and one in high school. We are very pleased with the academics, the girls are both excelling. The teachers make themselves available for help when needed and that's great. We're sad that their sports program is small and that there is not going to be a track or cross country season for students that want to run.

Posted December 02, 2014
We love this school! The teachers are highly qualified and really care about students. We're always amazed at the amount of time the teachers spent after school and even on weekends with the students, working on math, robotics, and fun activities (potlucks, trips, etc.). My son has gone through middle school at SSA, and is now attending high school there. We couldn't be happier.

Posted November 29, 2014
During the first year of my son on this school, he had some challenges with some of his teachers and classmates probably because he is a new student. On his second year on this school, it's great. He has an excellent grades. I love this school. It's focus is STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). And there are extra curricular acgivites such as clubs, sports and etc. We are so proud and grateful that we put our son on this school. The teachers are great and amazing and so with the Principal and the administrative personnel. The teacher and student ratio is great. School has great communication to the parents. I greatly recommend this school to for any parent/student for Great school in Tucson.

Posted November 25, 2014
Sonoran Science Davis Monthan is wonderful. They are great communicating with parents. Teachers work closely with students and give opportunities for help whenever needed.

Posted November 24, 2014
My son has been at the school since it opened. We have had many ups and downs, but the staff has been very supportive and helpful. We like the ratio of teacher to students and felt this has been a big plus. Communication between the school and parents still needs work.

Posted November 24, 2014
SSA-DM is an excellent school. The teachers, administration, the curriculum and the communication are the reasons I have my son and daughter at this school. They are proud and care about their students.

Posted November 24, 2014
As a parent, i enjoys that this school gives my son an opportunity to grown in his favorite subjects: Math, Science & Technology. I believe the school overall has much to offer to those who are willing to learn, though my biggest concerns continues to be the lack of classroom control by teachers in classroom. After school programs are also given according to the interest of students, which i am thankful. Class sizes are also small, which is a definite plus!

Sonoran Science Academy - Davis-Monthan
5741 E. Ironwood St, Tucson, AZ  85708
Last modified Sonoran Science Academy - Davis-Monthan is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.