Public charter
Tucson, AZ

Posted December 15, 2014
We pulled our child from Mesa Verde Elementary due to his teacher being rude and worthless. We put him at LTSNW and could not be happier. His work is more challenging, he's learning so much more than he was at Mesa Verde! The staff is very involved, you're always informed of everything going on each week via email. Such a blessing to have our child here.

Posted November 23, 2014
Legacy Traditional School in NW Tucson is a great school. My grandson has attended this school for two years and he is thriving. His 4th and 5th grade teachers have been incredible, and he actually looks forward to going to school everyday. I highly recommend Legacy.

Legacy Traditional School- Northwest Tucson 1

Posted August 12, 2014
This is one of the schools that really is a great learning environment for a fast or slow learner my child loves Mr Ellis. Everyday she comes home with a new fun story to tell me. She is so exided to go to school everyday. All the other teachers are great too but Mr Ellis really stood out more that the other teachers. Everybody that is recomending to go to Legacy i recomend it over any other tucson/oro valley school. Legacy has everything a parent wants. I love legacy and everything about it. Me and my children love this school and so does every other legacy parent/staff member but there are still things that I don't like. First i don't like how the campus is where there are 4 different building in the school and that was all that i don't like. Legacy is awesome and i love it so much and all of you parents reading this probaly agree with me. Legacy is amazing school to go to and i definatly recomend it if you are trying to find a school for your child. THANK YOU LEGACY TRADITINAL SCHOOL STAFF MEMBERS!!!!!!!

Posted July 18, 2014
My grandson attended public school in the Marana School District. I was not displeased with his education, he was doing well and liked his school. The biggest problem was other students, bullies, and generally punk kids, who made his school experience less than what we wanted for him. We decided to give Legacy a try since we heard good things about the school. I can honestly say it was a great decision to move him. He is challenged at Legacy, he has just the right amount of homework, and he loves his teacher and school in general. They also do not tolerate bad behavior, and it is taken care of immediately. Everyone on the staff is friendly, helpful, and parental involvement is welcomed. As far as the parking is concerned, I personally feel it runs like a well oiled machine. The drive line is wonderful, I don't wait nearly as long for my grandson to come out as I did at the public school. I might also mention, the other parents picking up their children are polite and everyone is willing to let you turn instead of people trying to cut you off. Legacy is a wonderful school!

Posted April 04, 2014
100 % pleased with school all around. Like the way everybody do their job. Thanks.

Posted December 18, 2013
This is my children's first year in public school. They have attended some of the best private schools in the U.S. and an IB International school abroad. Legacy NW Tucson is academically on par with those schools. In fact, the structure and discipline suits my son perfectly and he is excelling more than any previous school year. His teacher, Mrs. Taylen is one of the best he's ever had. My daughter is also excelling academically, although she has enjoyed school more at other her schools. Math and science are particularly strong. Kids learn great study habits, are challenged and are held accountable for their work. There is a sense of community and extracurricular activities. I strongly recommend Legacy as a great option near northwest Tucson and Oro Valley. Your kids will have a lot of homework and will need to study hard to do well. Although I am personally not a huge fan of the pretty conservative vibe at the school, I cannot deny that it is a great place for my kids and I know they will be well prepared for college.

Posted October 13, 2013
My daughter has been going to Legacy since kindergarten. She is now in first grade and excelling just like she did last year. This school is a parents dream. The whole staff is amazing, the parent involvement is great. At this school you can breathe knowing your child is not only learning but also developing morals.

Posted August 21, 2013
We've been with this school since it first opened up and have never had any complaints. I do think the parking situation needs to be addressed, although it hasn't effected me, personally, I can see and understand the frustration of others. All of the teachers both my children have had (5 total) have been excellent and I've always felt the communication was great, that issues were handled well and that my child was getting the individual attention he or she needed. Great sense of pride, patriotism, respect for self and others enforced at this school and my children have both been thriving.

Posted August 21, 2013
Love love Legacy!!! The ONLY issue I have ever had is pickup line, but it is well worth the wait for the above average education my son is getting!!! The staff is very friendly, and they are always going the extra mile for students and parents!! They keep the kids safe in the pickup lines, and have even offered to help buckle my son in his seat.

Legacy Traditional School- Northwest Tucson 3

Posted August 08, 2013
Legacy has a great school curriculum but they are too overcrowded. They have 32-35 kids in each class and have to share textbooks. The parking and playground areas are not even close to big enough to accommodate this. Kids cannot get individualized attention. It is OK if you are willing to accept overcrowding but if you child needs individual care it will be found lacking.

Legacy Traditional School- Northwest Tucson
, Tucson, AZ  85742
Last modified Legacy Traditional School- Northwest Tucson is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Legacy Traditional School- Northwest Tucson Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top