Public charter
Tucson, AZ

Posted July 31, 2015
We moved our son from public school to Legacy last year and we are absolutely in love! Wonderful staff, from administration to teachers. Advanced learning which really sets the tone for preparing them for their later years. He is an IEP/504 student and they meet with you twice a year to make sure your goals and the child's goals are being met! They have a wonderful support staff for him! The uniformed dress code is nice bringing unity to the students. They send out weekly newsletters to keep you up to date on things happening and also have a weekly focus on things ranging from citizenship, kindness and respect. They recognize acts of kindness amongst the students. Report cards and progress reports are scheduled perfectly. I hope they have a high school by the time he's ready to go!

Posted May 19, 2015
Legacy is a really great school. I have a child that has been adopted from the foster care system and he has had extreme behavior issues. The issues stem from begin so far behind academically and socially due to the many moves and many, many schools he has been in. The end of this school year will mark the very first school that my son has been in for the whole year. This milestone has never been accomplished at any other school and I am so thankful to Legacy for the time, effort and understanding they have shown our family. This was not an easy road but Legacy has been committed to my sons success and we are extremely thankful. We are looking forward to next year as we believe our son has now found a educational home where he can begin to put the past behind him and move forward.

Posted April 09, 2015
As a parent that took my children to this school for 3 years I loved it. Oftentimes I was amazed at how much time homework would take even though the school said it should only take "15 minutes". In reality, my kids would do it in 15 minutes if I sat down and made sure they focused. The Book Reports and Poems that always seemed to be constantly due got stressful, but I loved it. I loved this part of my children's education. The efforts that I saw on the parts of the school, teachers, staff and the PARENTS was amazing. This is not the school to go to if you are not willing to invest some time each evening in your child's education. We've had to relocate and are no longer near an LTS school. The stark contrast has been sad and frustrating. We miss this school!

Legacy Traditional School- Northwest Tucson 4

Posted March 17, 2015
The curriculum is good. I love Saxon and Spalding. I love the school uniform idea too, but I wish they would not allow jeans. Jeans are too different in styles and colors and I see kids wear "skinny" jeans or jeans with holes and start bully other kids in uniform pants that they are not stylish.

Posted December 15, 2014
We pulled our child from Mesa Verde Elementary due to his teacher being rude and worthless. We put him at LTSNW and could not be happier. His work is more challenging, he's learning so much more than he was at Mesa Verde! The staff is very involved, you're always informed of everything going on each week via email. Such a blessing to have our child here.

Posted November 23, 2014
Legacy Traditional School in NW Tucson is a great school. My grandson has attended this school for two years and he is thriving. His 4th and 5th grade teachers have been incredible, and he actually looks forward to going to school everyday. I highly recommend Legacy.

Legacy Traditional School- Northwest Tucson 1

Posted August 12, 2014
This is one of the schools that really is a great learning environment for a fast or slow learner my child loves Mr Ellis. Everyday she comes home with a new fun story to tell me. She is so exided to go to school everyday. All the other teachers are great too but Mr Ellis really stood out more that the other teachers. Everybody that is recomending to go to Legacy i recomend it over any other tucson/oro valley school. Legacy has everything a parent wants. I love legacy and everything about it. Me and my children love this school and so does every other legacy parent/staff member but there are still things that I don't like. First i don't like how the campus is where there are 4 different building in the school and that was all that i don't like. Legacy is awesome and i love it so much and all of you parents reading this probaly agree with me. Legacy is amazing school to go to and i definatly recomend it if you are trying to find a school for your child. THANK YOU LEGACY TRADITINAL SCHOOL STAFF MEMBERS!!!!!!!
2 people found this helpful

Posted July 18, 2014
My grandson attended public school in the Marana School District. I was not displeased with his education, he was doing well and liked his school. The biggest problem was other students, bullies, and generally punk kids, who made his school experience less than what we wanted for him. We decided to give Legacy a try since we heard good things about the school. I can honestly say it was a great decision to move him. He is challenged at Legacy, he has just the right amount of homework, and he loves his teacher and school in general. They also do not tolerate bad behavior, and it is taken care of immediately. Everyone on the staff is friendly, helpful, and parental involvement is welcomed. As far as the parking is concerned, I personally feel it runs like a well oiled machine. The drive line is wonderful, I don't wait nearly as long for my grandson to come out as I did at the public school. I might also mention, the other parents picking up their children are polite and everyone is willing to let you turn instead of people trying to cut you off. Legacy is a wonderful school!

Posted April 04, 2014
100 % pleased with school all around. Like the way everybody do their job. Thanks.

Posted December 18, 2013
This is my children's first year in public school. They have attended some of the best private schools in the U.S. and an IB International school abroad. Legacy NW Tucson is academically on par with those schools. In fact, the structure and discipline suits my son perfectly and he is excelling more than any previous school year. His teacher, Mrs. Taylen is one of the best he's ever had. My daughter is also excelling academically, although she has enjoyed school more at other her schools. Math and science are particularly strong. Kids learn great study habits, are challenged and are held accountable for their work. There is a sense of community and extracurricular activities. I strongly recommend Legacy as a great option near northwest Tucson and Oro Valley. Your kids will have a lot of homework and will need to study hard to do well. Although I am personally not a huge fan of the pretty conservative vibe at the school, I cannot deny that it is a great place for my kids and I know they will be well prepared for college.

Legacy Traditional School- Northwest Tucson
, Tucson, AZ  85742
Last modified Legacy Traditional School- Northwest Tucson is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Legacy Traditional School- Northwest Tucson Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top