Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

My son came to Legacy in the 7th grade from and under achieving school. I appreciate that Legacy sets the bar higher and does not accept mediocre work from a child that has more potential.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The best way to encourage honesty, integrity, and fairness to to set a good example. The Administration does not do that.

As stated in several other comments the teachers at this school are wonderful. The Administration is atrocious. I also have a child with an IEP. I have been approached several times by staff recommending to retain my child. I had to push to have my child evaluated and tested. My child does not fit the "profile" of students the school is seeking. I brought my concerns to the Administration it was the worst encounter I have ever had with a school. The principal did not care to hear my concerns. She was very defensive, rude, and took no interest in my concerns. No accountability or resolution was offered going forward. Legacy has the appearance of a wonderful environment it is a facade.

As a previous parent stated Legacy only looks out for their rating. They look great from afar but there are many internal issues. They do not care if children have disabilities or learning impairments. It was pretty much implied that my child was too "dumb" for their "accelerated curricula." There is a huge issue with pickup, which is a mess. My child was let out of school without anyone being present and left at the front gate with no supervision while we thought he was attending extracurricular activities. The teachers are the only good thing this school has going for them and the teachers we have had the privilege of meeting are not returning next year, and other teachers are unhappy where they work. If you like gossip, politics, and status quo this school would be a perfect fit for you. If you're truly interested in your child's education, keep searching.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers have all been great! Sadly, the ones I have had the pleasure of meeting are no longer going to be teaching at Legacy.

Develops character: Disagree

It is hard to say that the school demonstrates honesty, integrity, and fairness when the administration does not practice what they preach.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework she brings is adequate for what she is working on that week. It helps her for the testing at the end of the week so that she can get good grades and do good on her test.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They teach their students with a positive attitude and make them feel good about themselves.

My granddaughter started third grade this year at Legacy Traditional Northwest. Last year she went to a different elementary school where she did not learn much for second grade so she was very behind when she started third grade. She started school bringing home a lot of F's because of how far behind she was. Her teacher is so great she spent time to tutor her and for the last two grading periods she has been in the Honor Roll. I am so grateful to her teacher for her patience and dedication to my granddaughter. Legacy does care for their students and they do their best for them to excel. Great School.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

These are the hardest working teachers I have ever seen. They care about each student's success. It's amazing to watch them in the classrooms.

Last modified Legacy Traditional School- Northwest Tucson is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.