Bad
Good

Pima County Jted Nw Campus 3

Posted December 18, 2013
I have also been really disappointed with the recent changes at Little Lions. My daughter went there last year and we LOVED it. This year, however, has been one big headache after another. Most recently I took my daughter to school and after months of basically being ignored by the teacher (she would always be "busy" & unavailable to greet us in the mornings), she spoke to me, only to treat me in a very passive aggressive way acting "nice" as she criticized my parenting. I have never been so appalled. Prior to that I had been a little frustrated with the changes and I had my concerns about what was actually going on in the classroom, but that was truly the straw that broke the camel's back. The rudeness of the teacher (& in other situations the director, as well) have no place in an early childhood center. I have not felt welcome since the old teacher left & I have also not seen that loving connection between the teacher & the children. I have since pulled my daughter & enrolled her in a Christian preschool program with a more experienced & loving staff that will surely model the kinds of character traits I want my daughter to learn. So sad :(

Pima County Jted Nw Campus 2

Posted December 13, 2013
Disappointingly going down the tubes. CONS: The experienced preschool teacher who initially attracted us to this program recently resigned & was permanently replaced with a new "teacher" that has only subbing experience and weak classroom management at best. The instruction has lost its previous strong academic quality and the play greatly lacks structure which seems to lend itself to the growing chaos in the class. Rarely do any kind of well planned out art projects come home, nor anything tied to appropriate academic skills. Also, small motor practice, including cutting and writing letters, is virtually nonexistent from what I can tell. Overall, I think this preschool is not providing the necessary social & academic foundations children need to be prepared for the upcoming rigor of kindergarten. Furthermore they definitely do not create a warm environment where parents can feel comfortable knowing their child is loved. PROS: The classroom is clean. They have a nice facility equipped with technology & newer resources/materials. Also the price is right if you can overlook the toxic environment. The JTED high school students are also very sweet and loving to the kids.

Pima County Jted Nw Campus
Linda Vista And Thornydale, Tucson, AZ  85742
Last modified Pima County Jted Nw Campus is a Public school that serves grades 11-12