Public charter
Vail, AZ

Posted February 17, 2011
I completely disagree with the comments made on 1/15/10. I have attended multiple PTA meetings and am an active volunteer parent. It is true that many of the board members hold a position for 2 years & than move to another slot. However it is because no one else wants the job...and they are not willing to let the the PTA fold up. In fact, that is almost what happened last year. Parent support is minimal. And I do mean minimal. It is a fun group, they welcome voices. In fact most meetings have less than 10 parents attend. They are thrilled when someone new shows up! Got an opinion? Share it. Good grief..... As to the remark about young teachers. They do have a few but what school doesn't? Acacia doesn't shy away from dismissing teachers who do not meet their standards. They do in fact have a lot of dedicated and wonderful teachers. Having had several children attend for the past 5 years I can honestly say that we've had terrific teachers. My friends agree. We're all very pleased. I couldn't imagine my children attending anywhere else.

Posted November 18, 2010
This school has the best staff. teachers, and volunteers. If you want a school that is liek a community and loving family this is it. Not one bad person working there. As well as they best volunteers.

Acacia Elementary School 3

Posted January 15, 2010
Not overly impressed with the school or its' teachers. Many are very young and inexperienced. There are a few good ones though it seems. One of the PE teachers has taught my child to dread PE. Also very unhappy with the PTA. The same people run it and if you attend a meeting no one will even speak to you, let alone ask your opinion. I was warned of this but didn't believe until I experienced it for myself.The principal is friendly and DOES seem to care about the students

Posted June 15, 2009
This school is awsome and you will exceed no matter what

Posted December 19, 2007
The teachers are caring and the staff is excellent, just like their rating! The inclusion program is the best in the state!

Acacia Elementary School
12955 E. Colossal Cave Road, Vail, AZ  85641
(520) 762-2040
Last modified Acacia Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Acacia Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top