9-12 & Ungraded
Vail, AZ
Students enrolled: 2,024

Posted October 13, 2014
This school is great! There is a wide variety of extracurricular activities to choose from, whether you want to be in sports, fine arts, or a club. Bullying does occur, but not in any major form. Students are polite and respectful as long as you respect them, and everyone is passionate about Cienega sports and fine arts. The academics are excellent, and teachers are always willing to help a student pass. I was a pretty bad student, yet when asked my teachers for help they did everything they could.

Cienega High School 2

Posted April 14, 2014
Cienega loves to pile on the homework. They are planning to change our schedule where we would get almost two times the amount of homework that we already get. I am sure that the teachers don't like grading all of this work so why do they give out so much. As of right now I have four projects due on the same week.

Cienega High School 1

Posted April 11, 2014
A bad school were kids fight, do drugs , drama is everywhere, if you want a good school go to Andrada

Cienega High School 1

Posted November 24, 2013
Cienega High School is not for new students. I am a military kid and recently moved here and I dislike it. I am a Senior and I came a bit late in the year and the "Senior Exit Project" the school has me doing is very hard and I was not aware that I had to do it. Everyone else in the school has known since Freshman year.There was another new Senior that move here and did not know either. This student fell behind in credits and now goes to a secondary school (Pantano High School). I also know at least 2 other seniors that had to transfer. The teachers here aren't that helpful. If you are a military brat and your sponsor has orders to Davis-Monthan AFB, please DO NOT go to this school. It has been horrible for me and I wish I went to a different school. Also, Cienega has many kids that do drugs and many of them do them in the bathroom during school hours. This is not a great as a school as you think it is. I thought it was and know I regret coming here. Please hear me out and DO NOT attend. Thanks.

Cienega High School 3

Posted October 28, 2013
Cienega is the most expensive public school I have seen. Academics are good and have had no problems with my kids getting into fights or being bullied. The only gripe is the cost for your children to be envolved in extracurricular activities. If you have more than one student in your family it is quite expensive, but the Vail Schol District is the best in the area and beats the alternative.

Posted August 29, 2013
I have been going to school here all throughout high school, and I am now a senior. The teachers are great, and really care about us students. The Arts department is doing well, and there is an abundance of AP classes to choose from. The students are generally very nice, and we are what is called a "kind campus." There are many clubs to choose from, and sports are everywhere. I go to the school for academics, and I can say that I am very satisfied with my overall learning experience at Cienega -- good AIMS scores and good AP scores.

Posted December 15, 2011
Cienega is a good all around school. Looked at in the vail community as more of a general learning style cienega does not focus on 1 specific learning path. For each of the core classes there is at least 3 teachers that will lead in their own specific teaching style. Academic whys Cienega consistently does its best to challenge the students but not fail every one of them. Effort is key to success in the Vail School District and Cienega is no exception. Since attending Cienega starting my sophmore year i have become very active in the vail community and learned more by doing then by studying. After 2 years of courses i became Marketing Certified. I am on my second year of leading a school snack shack and organizing sales. I also learned how to design and create t-shirts for the many coustomers that Cienega DECA has aquired. We have very good sports and acedemic programs and plenty of options for any student to pursue there passion. You will NOT find a school that will lead your children down the path of there own choosing into a successful future like Cienega ANYWHERE in Arizona.

Posted July 18, 2011
My experience at Cienega High School was quite fulfilling. I pursued a three year high school career and completed it on time. If I would not have had the support and guidance from my teachers and councilors, I would have been unsatisfied with my achievements. My middle school experience in Sunny Side School District was too easy and dissatisfying, so when I began to attend a school in Vail School District I was very pleased with the challenging curriculum. I find it hard to believe that so many people disliked Cienega that much. I found it to be a wonderful school. As for the fights and the drugs.. high school is full of TEENAGERS! Of course there is going to be some trouble, you're going to find that at ANY school. The only thing I found that was a bit troubling was the class sizes, however I am understanding in the fact that the district is experiencing budget cuts. I feel that the teachers and staff did an amazing job with what they were given.

Cienega High School 2

Posted May 20, 2011
cienega is trully a great school for education! however, if ur not with doing ur work all cienega is...is kids doing drugs left an right! fight everyday!

Posted August 23, 2010
It is a shame that parents and students alike criticize the school for what is truly a lack of committ and parenting. Students that apply themselves and participate in school activities have a great experience at Cienega. The staff it there to instruct and when a student is engaged and interested in learning and applies themselves they excel and achieve. It is not the teaching staff that is the problem but societies attitude that everyting is someone elses fault and they fail to take responsibility for themselves. This is a great highschool that provides many learning opportunities and extracirricular activites; with a dedicated staff.

Cienega High School
12775 E. Mary Ann Cleveland Wa, Vail, AZ  85641
(520) 762-2040
Last modified Cienega High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cienega High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top