Bad
Good

I have had children at ORE for the past 4 years, experiencing K-5. The principal, teachers and staff are very approachable and seem to love what they do! They care about the care and success of the students. In the past when I had concerns I was able to speak with the principal, she researched, evaluated and mad the necessary changes to ensure the success and growth of every student. My kids love their school, they love going too school! Thank you ORE!! U Rock!

(I am a former student) I am utterly stunned at how pathetic this school is. I was in ELP (extended learning program). Which was intended to enhance the advanced students' experience, but instead just slowed me down. If one kid didn't push themselves to finish a project on time (at the rare chance we were challenged) they weren't punished. So there isn't an incentive to do ANYTHING. Instead, we got to play board games. Certainly not the way I want to spend my time when I am supposed to be learning. I was bullied, but that depends on the person so I can't complain about that, not the school...although they handle it poorly...almost like it's accepted. At any account, we (my peers an I) were trained to test. Everything that we learned was always on the test. (Test: Benchmarks and AIMS) As a result many kids were not well rounded, just "book-smart". There are about 31+ kids per classroom. They got rid of great teachers. Teachers are not personalized at all. IDK how this school averages 4 stars. Gosh. Students are a reflection of the teacher's teachings, so if the teachers are so great, WHY are students unhappy and struggling?! Someone's lying to keep their ranks high.

Can you say no child left behind BUT don't push them ahead either? Just make sure you get the scores as they need and you'll be good. Not into clicky adult groups? Your child will become an outcast. Want to enjoy lunch with friends? No way! Silence and seating arrangements are for all grades. Get there early for a performance? Well the best seat you will get is center since they are all reserved. Like a teacher and wish for them for another one of your kids? Don't count on it, they go through teachers like paper and hire new ones out of school all the time. How many kids can you cram into a tiny classroom with one teacher? A ridiculous amount. Want to have some sort of field trip or hands on fun? No way again. No celebrating anything and no field trips due to budget. Are you a 5th grader? Count on them running out of food many times and get whatever is left of the main course "choices" Want to say hello to the principal? She doesn't see you if you aren't part of the click.

My child is a 2nd grader currently at ORE, and we couldn't be happier with the academic results she is showing so early in the year. I volunteer a couple times in the school year just so I can be a fly on the wall and see what methods the teachers are practicing, and so far, I am very pleased with their knowledge and effective teaching skills.

Cookie cutter boiler plate education system with mediocre education results at best. Build a few housing developments and schools then over glorify yourselves about your neighborhood schools for self gratification to sleep better at night.....The facts remain, the statistics do not lie, there are much better education options for children than Vail school district available in Tucson and throughout the state. In the state with the lowest education ratings in the US....it really is nothing to gloat about to be ranked number 53......the ratings and scores of the Vail school district have steadily declined since the year it opened.....down down down down, where it stops nobody knows. This is typical for newer communities though in all fairness. Vail is an old area but this recent growth in the last 15 years shows it's main population is newer to the area and the brand new schools and new people are losing their shine. The homepage for the district reads like a sales pitch, it's sad. Not to mention the untruth throughout, such as the claim of being the best school district in the state and such.

Ocotillo Ridge is an excellent school. There is alot of parent involvement in the school. The teachers are amazing and on the ball. They are great with the students and communicate well with parents. Your child will definitively thrive in this school. High quality education.

We LOVE Ocotillo Ridge Elementary School. When we moved to the Tucson area, my family took the time to research the best school district in the state. We chose to build our house and move to Vail, AZ because we consistently received feedback that Vail was one of the best districts in the state. We have not been disappointed. My two children have attended Ocotillo Ridge since Kindergarten and they both love the school. Great teachers, great administration, great students and friends. The neighborhoods are very friendly around the school and this area is perfect for young families. We love being a part of the school and community and feel very safe. Students can walk or ride their bikes to and from school from the surrounding Rancho del Lago neighborhoods. Our kids are constantly challenged and are motivated by the teaching staff to continue learning. The PTA is highly involved and there are numerous fun activities and planned family events. Their are a lot of after school programs to excel in leadership and extra-curricular activities as well as school sponsored field trips. We would not choose any other school or district in the state of Arizona.

ORE is a GREAT school!! I have been a parent with ORE since it opened almost 7 years ago. My two children have had amazing teachers that really care about their education as well as them personally. I volunteer as much as I can and everytime I do I feel so welcome & appreciated by the staff, teachers & principal. Our principal Mrs Holt is always around smiling & talking to the children. She leads the school well & you can tell that every decision she makes is to help make ORE even better. The parent & community involvement is very impressive. Its nice to see so many parents on campus on a day to day basis. It saddens me to see so many negitive comments about our school. I would strongly encourage those parents to come & spend the day with their child & get involved. Quit bashing & start helping!!!!!!

We are very happy with ORE! My three children have all attended this elementary school and I have been very happy with the education they have received. I am on the Site Council of the school, and have worked with the previous principal as well as our new one. They both exude professionalism, and have worked amazingly well with the children, staff and parents. I have been impressed with how quickly resources are pulled to help individual issues to correct and resume progress. I have been a room parent for 5 years and have volunteered in their classrooms once a week. If you want to know what is going on in your child's classroom and how and what their teacher is teaching, you need to be in there. I realize not everyone is able to come in regularly, but you can take a day off once in a while (especially at the beginning of the year) and get to know your teacher and observe how your child works in that environment. We could definitely use more parent/volunteer help (complaining from an arm chair is no help!!). Our PTA is incredible and really work hard to involve parents to meet our teachers' and school's needs. It's a well-run school, by an amazing community of teachers and parents.

I have been pleased with my experience at ORE. So far my daughter has had excellent teachers and a positive classroom experience. This year she has been pushed as part of the Advanced Math program. There are always those who liked a former principal more or less, and transition to a new one can be difficult. But, sometimes I think parents need to be patient as everyone learns their roles. I see my role as a supporting parent. I help in the classroom on a regular basis, volunteer with PTA, and try to support anything I think is beneficial to our students. I've met so many positive people by putting myself out there. There will always be teachers that are better than others, leaders I "click" with more than others, but that's real life.

Last modified Ocotillo Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.