Waddell, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,150

Mountain View 2

Posted August 31, 2014
So disappointed in this school. The new administration really turned this school upside down. No accountability in learning and poor leadership have turned a once diamond in the rough of DUSD into a lump of coal. The kids are being taught 2 years behind the average. We had to pull my kid out of there so he could actually learn something. Our teacher was as frustrated as we were.

Mountain View 4

Posted August 29, 2014
I have a Kindergartener and first grader this year. I have never had another experience with another school, so I don't have anything to compare it to. It seems fine to me. The only concern I see is the dismissal process. Fortunately, I am able to walk so it is easy for me to pick up my children, but I feel sorry for those who have to drive. We LOVE our kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Fogelson. My 1st grader had her last year and we requested her for our kindergartener this year.

Mountain View 2

Posted February 05, 2014
Sad to watch the downhill slide this school is going through. When we moved into the area we loved the school and the staff. Unfortunately the principal and vice principal left and it has been one disastrous month after another ever since. Principal is not involved with students and/or parents. Vice Principal does her best to run "damage control" but there is just too much to keep control of. So happy that we have since moved from the area, and the district.

Mountain View 3

Posted October 10, 2013
I'm not sure what has happened to this school. When Mr. Knorr was principal, the school was at the top of the district, in fact, it was one of the highest achieving schools in the state. However, he left last year and it has never been the same. The state label dropped from a solid A to a low B this past year. The principal and A.P. seem to give teachers and parents whatever answer they want to hear, even if it means telling them two different things. They have no backbone. Dismissal is a mess. I'm afraid someone is going to be terribly injured. And what's with the technology model sign hanging above the office? There is little to no technology in the classrooms. I hope Mountain View is able to turn it around soon or I will be looking elsewhere for my children's education.

Mountain View 4

Posted May 17, 2013
My rating is only based on what I have heard from other parents that have childrent attending this school ... my childrent currently go to a charter school but thinking about moving them to Mountain View since it is the public school in our boundary.

Posted November 28, 2012
I went to mountain view for my 6th-7th grade years, until i moved for un-school-related-reasons and now that i look at Mountain View, it was an amazing school, with amazing caring teachers that really know and care for their subject! I learned more in one month at MVS then I learned in an intire year at my new school. The principal, though he was really stricked with kids, cared and knew almost every student by name! Over all Mountain View is a great school that i would deffinatley recommend to anyone moving into the area!

Posted October 29, 2012
This is our second year at Mountain View & we love it! We came from a school that was very involved with our kids education & were worried that MV wouldn't be able to meet those same expectations. MV has exceeded our expectations & we are extremely happy with the teachers & staff. Everyone is so involved and seems to really care. Great job Mountain View!

Posted November 07, 2011
Our 3d and 5th graders are in their first year at Mount View. We came from a nearby charter school and were hesitant about public schools in the Dysart District. Three months into the school year we have realized our concerns were unfounded. The teachers have been wonderful. They are very dedicated and have quickly earned our respect as well as the respect and admiration of our children. The curriculum appears challenging, yet fair. The administrative staff and principal are supportive to a positive learning atmosphere. And the test scores and grades speak for themselves. We couldn't be happier about our decision to joint the Mountain View Family.

Posted July 16, 2011
To the last comment I am not quite sure whether your comment is for this school (Mountain View) or Crown Charter

Mountain View 1

Posted March 31, 2011
My children attended this school for 2 years and it was not until I transfered them out that I realized that my children did not learn anything. They were meeting Crown Charter Standards but that was about it. At this school my children were top of their class but at the school they are know my children were behind. They had to work extra hard to catch up. I am so glad that I transfered them out of Crown Charter, Ms Tisha and Ms. Alvarez were great but the rest I did not care for. Ms T.C was extremely rude( all she wants to do is control everyone and she has no people skills), parent involvement was 0 to none. Front off staff member are rude as well. BEWARE YOUR CHILDREN ARE NOT LEARNING... I WASTED TWO YEARS OF MY CHILDREN EDUCATION IN THIS SCHOOL FOR NOTHING!

Mountain View
18302 W. Burton, Waddell, AZ  85355
Last modified Mountain View is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain View Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top