Posted April 13, 2014
Alice Byrne is such a great school! I went there a while back, but stil visit till this day whenever I decide to visit yuma. I am at Grand Canyon University and will forever go back to Alice Byrne and have their peanut butter bars and their family events!

Posted December 18, 2013
I love this school I love how they have family activitys such as make it and take it night my kindergartner was scared to go to a big school but her teacher ms.warren is the best she makes all the kids feel welcomed my daughter really loves her im glad they have teachers like this it makes u feel better about sending your kids to school and ms peach is a great principle..keep up the great work alice byrne staff

Posted September 11, 2013
I could talk all day about how great this school is, from the teachers,to the students to the parents , to the girls in the cafateria to Mrs. Peach our principle. Small school with the best teachers in town always going above and beyond! Its no surprise we are always rated an "A" school

Posted September 10, 2013
Alice Byrne is a wonderful school that is filled with caring teachers and administrators. The school truly is receptive to the parent's feedback and is proactive in finding solutions to enhance student learning. Ms. Spratt is a wonderful example of personal attention to each child's learning style. Alice Byrne is just the right size! My daughter is not one of over 800 students. The school has a familial feel and kids are held accountable for how they treat others. Bullying and disrespect are nipped in the bud and communicated to parents in a timely manner. I would highly recommend this school and am grateful for being a part of a great community of learners.

Posted May 30, 2012
Admittedly we were not excited about moving to Yuma from our Excelling school in TX..but I ended up loving AB even more than our old school & any school EVER!!. Its hands down the best in Yuma. It definitely has a small town feel that is something we really enjoy. I have 3 kids who go here and we always feel like we lucked out and got the best, most special teacher ever with each of them. Mrs. Valenzuela in K, Mrs. Trevino in1st (who is taking Mrs. Fenzels place in 4th next year), MRS. HAZEN in 2nd, Mrs. Castel Branco in 3rd, and Mrs. Fenzel in 4th. (sadly Mrs. F is leaving but happily its to raise her new family) The teachers are really on top of your childs progress and honestly care about the kids and always sees that they are being challenged or if they are struggling they go the extra mile with them. Very professional and competent... you'd think they were being paid enough! I am already dreading when my son will have to leave year after next since elem. school ends in 5th grade there. Awesome program of Kinderbuddies for K & 4th, many fun field trips , Mustang of the Month program really gives them confidence and something to strive for. Active hard working PTO,

Posted July 26, 2010
Alice Byrne deserves 10 stars! This school is a family environment where each child is encouraged daily to succeed their individual goals. The staff and principal value each child and the kids feel important. My children have enjoyed A.B. and are above levels in learning due to the dedicated teachers that LOVE their jobs. Thank You Alice Byrne!!!

Posted April 30, 2010
Professional staff, caring administrative personnel. great teachers!

Posted March 14, 2010
My granddaughter attends Alice Byrne School. She has loved every minute of it since Kinder-garten with Mrs. Ferguson, Mrs. Spratt in 2nd grade, Mrs. Moreno in 3rd grade, all the way through to 4th grade! I love hearing and seeing her learn new things every week, and am so proud that she is reading at a 9th grade level! WOW! Her lst and and 4th grade teachers (I can't remember their names) have also been awesome! - they each gave her 'independent reading projects' to work on at home! I am amazed at how she has grown through the years in speed and comprehension in all her subjects and, even more, in self-confidence, which she most definitely has learned in her classes! Way to go, Alice Byrne! (And by the way, the Principal herself is 'way beyond the norm!' She is a 'model' for all other Principals to follow!) Thank you!-You're a gem! 'Grandma Ruby'

Posted February 14, 2010
Three of our children, and many of our nieces and nephews have attended Alice Byrne. The commitment of the teachers and support staff is very helpful to the students in achieving excellence in academics as well as extra curricular activities. This is an excellent school.

Posted August 14, 2009
My daughter has attended Alice Byrne since 1st grade. I can't say enough great things about this school. They welcomed us warmly and it has been this way for 4 yrs and my daughter is now going into the 5th grade, and I wish she could just stay. I am a volunteer nearly every day and if they will have me I will continue to volunteer even after my daughter goes to middle school. What an awesome school and staff. Thank you, Joyce Snyder Parent

Alice Byrne Elementary School
811 W. 16th Street, Yuma, AZ  85364
Last modified Alice Byrne Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alice Byrne Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top