Public charter
Yuma, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted May 28, 2014
My children have been attending Amerischools Academy South in Yuma for 3 years now, and I couldn't be happier with my decision to send them to this charter school. My daughter attended Kindergarten at a public school before she came here and unlike the public school, Amerischools caps the classes at 24 students. The principal, Mrs. Fox, is amazing. She strikes the perfect balance between strict and loving, and she takes the time to know each of the children in her care, as well as their parents. This attitude is passed down to her teachers, who also take the time to learn the name of all the students in the school while still focusing attention on those children in their care. The teachers take the time to challenge all of the students. The school offers physical education, music, art, computers, and other classes that were cut out of the public school. There are also clubs offered after school, at no charge, to help students grow and explore- dance, Spanish, and board games are just a few of the options. I wish the school was more than K-6 so I could leave my children in this perfect learning environment even longer. If you are looking for a school in Yuma, look no further.

Posted March 10, 2014
My daughter has gone to school here since kindergarten. She is now finishing up the 6th grade at Amerischools North. I have always appreciated the small class sizes and attention from all her teachers. The Principal is firm, but would bend over backwards to help a student or parent, in or out of school. There isn't a bus system, but they have great before and after school care at an affordable rate. The teachers really care about their sudents and their education. I just wish it was through 8th grade! We will miss this small school that has become like our extended family.

Posted March 05, 2014
AmeriSchools is a wonderful place to work. The staff members are nice, supportive, and caring. They are always working hard to provide the best education to the students.

Amerischools Academy - Yuma 4

Posted March 05, 2014
This is my second year working for AmeriSchools-South. I believe it is a wonderful school. It has a great learn environment! All of my co-workers are always will to help with out being asked. Another great thing about our schools is all the wonderful parents. I really like that all of the parents are very involved and willing to go the extra mile to help their child(ren).

Posted March 05, 2014
I have taught at AmeriSchools for two years, and I am blessed working here. I see the teachers giving their attention to each student for his/her personal needs (not just the core education) but pushing them personally ahead in areas than just their strengths even if it means extra work for the teacher! The teachers understand that kids learn differently, and at different paces, and accommodate learning needs.

Amerischools Academy - Yuma 4

Posted March 05, 2014
This is my first year teaching at AmeriSchools-South; I really enjoy working here every day! School s philosophy is to provide each student with a high quality education. Teacher s instruction meets the individual needs, interest, and abilities of the students.

Posted February 22, 2014
Amerischools Academy is a great school. I enjoy going to work everyday and the atmosphere is positive. All staff members work hard to achieve and give all students the best education possible.

Posted February 21, 2014
Everyday that I work here I feel I am given the greatest opportunity to change a child's life through teaching, learning and growing with the children. My days are filled with positive people starting with our principle all the way down to the youngest member of our student body. I enjoy being here and being a part of something greater than myself.

Posted February 20, 2014
This is my second year working here and it only gets better with time. Our class size is smaller than at other schools to allow for much more one-on-one interaction with students. Teachers are given more free range in lessons to modify to the needs of each and every student. We as faculty continue to learn and grow with the students in ensure the student is gaining the highest level of education for each grade level.

Posted February 18, 2014
I love working at amerischools academy. All staff members work together to help each student achieve and acomplish their educational goals. Our principal is a great leader, she inspires all staff and students to be better.

Amerischools Academy - Yuma
2098 S. 3rd Ave., Yuma, AZ  85364
Last modified Amerischools Academy - Yuma is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Amerischools Academy - Yuma Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top