Posted April 23, 2015
My son goes to the Pre-K class and absolutely LOVES it. He comes home and can not stop talking about Ms. Michelle and how nice she is and how she helps him. I love that the children have a structured learning environment along with having the freedom to play and use their imagination. It really adds to the overall family feel that the whole campus has. Each of the teachers in all of the levels seem to really try their best to learn about the children and their families to get a better feel of them and their learning style.

Posted April 22, 2015
My son has been attending AmeriSchools Academy - South for two years now. We love the small class size, personal attention and the change we have seen in him. I was so frustrated with the learning environment in another school he was attending that I took him out and enrolled him in AmeriSchools. He used to HATE going to school and would come home upset daily. Now that he has been attending AmeriSchools his attitude about learning has completely changed. The staff has been wonderful in helping him catch up and they offer many opportunities outside of his normal classroom environment where he is receiving additional attention. I love how friendly the staff is and that every single teacher and staff member know us. The before and after school care is absolutely wonderful too. They make sure my son has his homework done before he comes home so that is one last thing we have to worry about.

Posted May 28, 2014
My children have been attending Amerischools Academy South in Yuma for 3 years now, and I couldn't be happier with my decision to send them to this charter school. My daughter attended Kindergarten at a public school before she came here and unlike the public school, Amerischools caps the classes at 24 students. The principal, Mrs. Fox, is amazing. She strikes the perfect balance between strict and loving, and she takes the time to know each of the children in her care, as well as their parents. This attitude is passed down to her teachers, who also take the time to learn the name of all the students in the school while still focusing attention on those children in their care. The teachers take the time to challenge all of the students. The school offers physical education, music, art, computers, and other classes that were cut out of the public school. There are also clubs offered after school, at no charge, to help students grow and explore- dance, Spanish, and board games are just a few of the options. I wish the school was more than K-6 so I could leave my children in this perfect learning environment even longer. If you are looking for a school in Yuma, look no further.

Posted March 10, 2014
My daughter has gone to school here since kindergarten. She is now finishing up the 6th grade at Amerischools North. I have always appreciated the small class sizes and attention from all her teachers. The Principal is firm, but would bend over backwards to help a student or parent, in or out of school. There isn't a bus system, but they have great before and after school care at an affordable rate. The teachers really care about their sudents and their education. I just wish it was through 8th grade! We will miss this small school that has become like our extended family.

Posted March 05, 2014
AmeriSchools is a wonderful place to work. The staff members are nice, supportive, and caring. They are always working hard to provide the best education to the students.

Amerischools Academy - Yuma 4

Posted March 05, 2014
This is my second year working for AmeriSchools-South. I believe it is a wonderful school. It has a great learn environment! All of my co-workers are always will to help with out being asked. Another great thing about our schools is all the wonderful parents. I really like that all of the parents are very involved and willing to go the extra mile to help their child(ren).

Posted March 05, 2014
I have taught at AmeriSchools for two years, and I am blessed working here. I see the teachers giving their attention to each student for his/her personal needs (not just the core education) but pushing them personally ahead in areas than just their strengths even if it means extra work for the teacher! The teachers understand that kids learn differently, and at different paces, and accommodate learning needs.

Amerischools Academy - Yuma 4

Posted March 05, 2014
This is my first year teaching at AmeriSchools-South; I really enjoy working here every day! School s philosophy is to provide each student with a high quality education. Teacher s instruction meets the individual needs, interest, and abilities of the students.

Posted February 22, 2014
Amerischools Academy is a great school. I enjoy going to work everyday and the atmosphere is positive. All staff members work hard to achieve and give all students the best education possible.

Posted February 21, 2014
Everyday that I work here I feel I am given the greatest opportunity to change a child's life through teaching, learning and growing with the children. My days are filled with positive people starting with our principle all the way down to the youngest member of our student body. I enjoy being here and being a part of something greater than myself.

Amerischools Academy - Yuma
2098 S. 3rd Ave., Yuma, AZ  85364
Last modified Amerischools Academy - Yuma is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Amerischools Academy - Yuma Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top