Bad
Good

My son struggles in reading which is nothing we hadn't experienced before with another child with the same challenge. Although this time it was different. I found that he was not "himself" at school. The child that was being described to me was not the child I knew. Afterschool he would often seem withdrawn and it was always a struggle to get him to up for school...I thought it was because he wasn't a morning person. Something was wrong. I know the classroom is not for every child so I considered homeschooling to help him thrive, but a full-time job made that a difficult option. Then there was the light. The one that came from Desert Mesa School. We transferred him and over night he became to confident child. Eager to go to school and be on time. Fearless to put himself in front of crowds and showcase his abilities. I love Mrs. Baumgartner and her recognizing what my son needed, Mrs. Webb and her expertise in identifying his reading problems as well as putting this mom at ease, and Mrs. Garner for opening her classroom and bringing out the best in my son. I understand that every year may be different and reading may always be a challenge, but at Desert Mesa, my son felt wanted and there is no rating greater than that.

Amazing. Absolutely love it. My daughter learns the importance of God and country by daily having a moment of silence and saying the pledge of allegiance.

My son is in Ms Williams Kindergarten class. The BEST TEACHER I've ever met!!! She knows how to teach little kids while they are having fun! He loves his teacher and excited about going to school everyday!

She went to preschool first here with Mr. Paul wonderful teacher. Then she went on to kinder what an EXCELLENT teacher, Mrs. Hernandez. My littel girl needed speech help and she got it. I would be so lucky to find another school like this. The principal knows each kid by name, what a wonderful lady.

I was very concerned about my daughter having a tough teacher MALE, but because she was an EL learner we didn't have a choice. My daughter was upset a great deal at the beginning of the school year, I'm sure now, it was because she was being pushed out of her comfort zone, but by the end of the school year she ad grown so much from being an okay student to a great student and from being a child that just went to school to a child that brought her knowledge home to me. THANK YOU MR. CADE FOR BEING SO AWESOME!

I have been very disappointed in the school. there were 32 kids my childs 2nd grade class... how can a teacher teach that many young children at a time(not even and aide or a helper)!!!! my child was there 5months and was learning the same thing that was taught in 1st grade.....

My so went there and they had the best teachers I had ever seen!! My son was even skipped up a grade!!

It has been a great opportunity for my children to attend the school. The teachers in past have been great with one of my child. They have been understanding with him. I would to thank all of the teachers that helped me with my child.

I have had the pleasure of meeting a new teacher to Desert Mesa, Mr. Cade and he is incredible. He demands excellence from his students regardless of their abilities and that is something we don't find much anymore. Way to go Desert Mesa we need more teachers like this.

Desert Mesa is blessed with a staff that truly cares about our children. I think that as parents and a community we need to help out our teachers by volunteering more in the class and being active with assisting them. The class sizes are beyond the teachers control and there are close to 30 kindergartners in each class! They can only do so much with that number of students! Any ideas on how we can reduce the number of kids per class?

Last modified Desert Mesa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.