Bad
Good

I have two children that attend Rolle for the second year in a row. While I do feel that they aren't pushed as hard academically as other schools in other states, I do feel that the children do get the individualized attention needed to excel. They do offer advanced reading groups as well as math groups. The staff is always helpful and teachers are available to discuss the progress of your child as needed. I think the after school supervision is reliable as well. At the end of the day I see the teachers walk their students in a line first to the buses (for those who ride buses home) and then to the parent pick up area, and at least one teacher is always out there, and the students can't walk to their parents car - the parents have to drive/walk up to pick up the child and walk them across the parking lot or back to their car. They also have a cross-guard before and after school. The PTO is also very active! I am amazed at their accomplishments; they are so much better than any other school I've dealt with. Unfortunately, there aren't after school activities offered at the school (except Discovery, which is like a big kid day care), but you'll find plenty in Yuma.

I went here years ago and when I was here I loved it. My 19 year old also went here k threw sixth and we had no problems at all great school. We loved our years here.

James B Rolle has lost track of my daughter twice within a year. Apparently, at the end of the day when the children are dismissed as a parent pick-up or bus rider they are not properly supervised. In both instances when my daughter was lost and I contacted the school to trace her whereabouts all the kindergarden teacher could tell me is she had no idea where my child was. I am very disappointed in this school because they have violated the trust I put in them to care and protect my daughter while I'm at work.

My daughter just started 2nd grade at Rolle elementary, she's been there since kindergarten. We've had a great experience with her teachers and other staff members. We feel very fortunate that her teachers have all had more than 20 yrs. experience. Parents are encouraged to be involved in child's education and extra curricular activities. the principal is very involved, which makes us feel confident that our daughter is is good hands.

Rolle is a great school with an excellent approach for teaching kids organization, accountability and responsibility. All elementary schools have to teach the same 3 Rs but it is study skills and a strong foundation for these that makes all the difference going forward in their studies. As a parent you always know what your child is working on every day and you also know what he/she needs to turn in or work on at home. Their system is seamless and no nonsense.

My son attended K-6 at this school from 1997 through 2004 and we absolutely loved the teachers, the kids, and the wonderful parent/teacher organization. I am so excited that my daughter will start kindergarten there in the fall. If someone had a bad experience at this school, I assure you, it was their fault and not the school's fault. The staff goes far and beyond the standards for the school district and the state. In this community, people are trying to move into the boundary for Rolle because they want their children to go there.

Our children were moved to Rolle due to district boundry changes this year. This is the third Yuma school that they have attended. From the first day we have been extremely happy. I have never met such a group of kind and enthusiastic teachers. We feel confident that our children are in good hands and that their best interests are the focus. Thank you so much.

This is our second year here in Rolle. My daughter who's now in 1st grade loved her experience during her kindergarten days. I am just hoping that it will be the same this year.

My children have attended Rolle since Kindergarten and are now in 4th and 5th grades. We love this school. Excellent teachers and very friendly adminstrative staff.

I think this school is great. My daughter goes to rolle and is estatic!!

Last modified James B Rolle School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.