Kofa High School 3

Posted April 24, 2012
As a past student ,I went through many changes at Kofa High School . Some where good, such as expansion of the campus & better parking . Some, where horrible. I feel Gina Thompson was is one of the horrible ones. She is biased and it is obvious. I think Kofa is doing great considering the terrible leadership . If anything could be done to make Kofa High School a better , more functioning school it would be to replace her with someone who cares about the students, and not looking good on paper. Students futures should come first and unfortunately I feel that she does not encourage this. I enjoyed many of my teachers , in fact I believe that in my four years at Kofa I only had trouble with one. I was involved in many clubs and organizations , which are sadly slowly starting to be removed . The office staff was slightly rude to me as a student , however their attitude always changed when my parent walked into the office. It would go from talking down to me and telling me I can't to we normally don't but we are allowed to .So if you are a parent please support your child! I feel for the student who is in it alone, getting ahead at Kofa is difficult , especially with the counselors .

Posted August 10, 2011
Wonderfull school I have a son who went here from 9th to 12th. I have three boys following him I will do what ever it takes to make sure they all go here. Very helpfull staff from the bottom all the way to the top. I have never asked a question and been turned away without an answer. Very loving teachers will do anything and everything for their students. Always above and behond. Everyone should be aloud at this school. Not alot of fights like the other schools here in Yuma. This school you know your children are safe and watched over very well. Wish I myself could have gone here. Can always contact teachers email or phone and always will get an answer back. Lovely school.

Kofa High School 0

Posted April 11, 2010
Kofa is without a doubt the best High School in Yuma. I sub at all of the High Schools, so I can make this statement because I have been to all of them. Their security is excellent. Their Administration is on top of everything! Ms. Thompson has this school operating very effectively. The students are the most courteous. I see no problems during the 3 lunches with any of the students due to security and administration everywhere. The new campus is outstanding and will only get better once the landscape project is complete. Any discipline problems are handled immediately, therefore even though the classes are very large, disruptive students are dealt with quickly so teaching and learning can not be interrupted.

Posted April 06, 2010
This school has improved so much during a few years. When my sister was a freshman, gangs were everywhere. the next year, they began to make rules a lot more strict, and has made the school a much safer and better place. Sure there is still gangs, but every HS in Yuma does, and is unavoidable. Now I am a student at Kofa, and I love it! I have made great friends, and every one of them strive for good grades. Teachers (most of them) help students strive also. They stay after and before school to help students, call parents if something in their behavior or grade goes wrong, and really care. Security is also great. They are always around school taking care of students and are always there if something is going wrong. Counselors help students that are there to actually learn. But school spirit is amazing!! (awesum skool)!!

Posted October 31, 2009
I believe that Kofa is a magnificent high school. Though the education strategies may have some flaws, the teachers and counselors put forth much effort in order to help their students learn. The AP program at Kofa is also very effective. These classes require much determination and time from the student, it is very comforting to know that most of these classes are full of teens who want to strive to be better in life. Teachers at Kofa are also a determined bunch. Many of them spend their weekends at the school, grading papers and putting in grades. The overall best part about Kofa would have to be the school s spirit. All who attend or have attended this school are very proud to be Kings. The football games are always loud and the band is always dedicated. Anybody would enjoy a school event, whether they attended the school or not.

Kofa High School 3

Posted August 03, 2009
Good school, but I do have trouble with the fact that if you want to speak to a counslor or teacher you have to go to the school because no one seems to return calls! The school has my home, cell, and work numbers as well as e-mail address and NOTHING.

Kofa High School 4

Posted April 13, 2009
Kofa is a really good school. And all of you people saying it isn't well your wrong. It All depends on the effort that your son or daughter puts on his or her work. Dont just be blaming it on the teachers i mean if your kids dont learn its because they dont want to or they are too busy talking and paying attention.

Kofa High School 4

Posted September 12, 2008
I was a student at the school. Sure the school has some problems. Its not a bad school, some of the parents here say it is but its really not. There is an SRO on campus he is every where. There is not as much gang violence at Kofa. Sure there are gangs there, but Yuma and Cibola high schools have them too. Even Yuma Catholic has them, its not that big of a deal they do not do anything to anyone unless you provoke them. And if you do provoke them then its your problem because if you provoke anyone they will respond. Moving on to more important topics like the teachers. Some of the teachers probably should not be teaching but they have really good teacher in many different areas. Overall its a really good school. I myself am glad to go there.

Posted December 12, 2007

Posted November 15, 2007

Kofa High School
3100 Ave A, Yuma, AZ  85364
Last modified Kofa High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kofa High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top