PK-5 & Ungraded
Yuma, AZ

Posted June 01, 2013
This school is AWESOME! Both of my sons have thrived well -- in both Kindergarten and 2nd grade! To the previous ratings about Kindergarten -- that is utter nonsense. My Kindergartener was learning about geometric shapes, advanced math fluency, and writing reports. He is completely ready for 1st grade. My second grader received enrichment and is now working at a higher level in all areas. Parent support is a must in my opinion to make your child's education sound.

Posted March 02, 2012
My family and I just transferred out here and am NOT AT ALL pleased. My son complains everyday how the homework is TOO easy for the lesson he's "learning" now is what he already learned in Kindergarden. And at other times, he cries about not knowing the assignment which makes me believe the teachers are not doing the just that they are just assigning homework without going over the lessons. At his previous school, they were just learning about Geometric Shapes and being able to tell time right before our move and does not complain about not knowing what he's suppose to do. The school security looks awful and at times I worryabout my child running out of the school perimeter or worst some stranger come on location and taking any child they see wondering around alone without any supervision and or security in place.

Posted October 09, 2010
The teachers really do a great job with all the kids in spite of the crowding.

Posted July 14, 2010
I enrolled my son in this school for 2 days, then pulled him out and homeschooled him. Upon enrollment I witnessed teachers screaming in the face of 1st graders, kids running all over the office while their teacher talked on her cell phone. The first day of school, the teacher actually physically wrestled my son into his chair, and when I went to check on him at lunch, he was in the middle of an asthma attack that no one noticed. He threw up, and I took him home, no one noticed he was missing..WOW! Horrible school! My oldest daughter went for 3 years about 6 years ago, and we liked it just fine, but it has since went downhill.

Posted March 20, 2010
I believe the involvement of the Principal is a key factor why kids and parents like this school, Mr. K care about the kids and I have never seen such a great Principal involvement, not like Valley Horizon, the principals in the past could not even hold a meeting for parents to here, Valley Horizon does not even compare to the principal at at Palm Croft. Keep up the great work and control of the kids with all the involvement.

Palmcroft Elementary School 4

Posted March 17, 2010
To 'I do not believe'! It's not just Palmcroft, but all schools that are facing this. The budgets have been cut so much that the classrooms are now over crowed and there is no money for Full Day Kinder. What Palmcroft is asking is what the state has recommended. As a parent who had children go to Palmcroft from 1988 until 2009 I know the staff, teachers, and Principal are all working hard to do the best possible job...you can not criticize them for what this miserable economy has brought with it...Blame Bush and Obama both! palmcroft is an excellent school! Signed Bill Wachunas

Posted March 16, 2010
I do not believe that this school lives up to any other state expectations. Now they are considering cutting the Kindergarten program to have days or making parents pay tuition. This is unacceptable to me as I believe that children should receive the best education possible. I am from Massachusetts and this school is so far behind what the children are learning there. I am afraid of what will happen when I move back to Massachusetts I believe that they will end up being left back in order to catch up.

Posted September 16, 2009
The school works very hard for its students and truly believes in their students. The principal is a man of principle and integrity and urges the same of his teachers and staff. Wants the best for the school and strives to work at getting just that, the best.

Posted March 14, 2009

Posted December 14, 2008
I have worked at almost all the schools in Yuma, and so far I find Palmcroft school the highest level of teaching, parent involvement, and they have a Principal that is always there. He knows the childrens names, and always makes time to talk to parents, teachers, and children no matter what it may be about. I find it refreshing that the principal is out daily inter acting with teachers, students, and parents throughout the day. I find the curriculmn in each class outstanding and well organized. The staff is very caring and safety always comes first. Sometimes I think they should use this school as a guide line to teacher other schools how to act, teach, show respect to staff, teachers, and students. This is an outstanding school with fantastic teachers and staff.

Palmcroft Elementary School
901 Palmcroft Drive, Yuma, AZ  85364
Last modified Palmcroft Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Palmcroft Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top