Yuma, AZ

Posted July 26, 2013
At Valley Horizon, we are committed to excellence. We take pride in our clear goal of moving all students to grade level in reading. Additionally, we are strongly committed to helping our students achieve all standards in every curriculum area. This focus on good, solid reading instruction helps us to positively impact student success in writing, math, social studies, and science. We are also proud of our special area classes in science, clubs, activities, and services available to our students such as FLL, and intramural sports. As you enter our building, please note the environment that shows our dedication to learning. At Valley Horizon, we follow the rule of thumb that our surroundings should reflect our beliefs. From the classroom bulletin boards that display student work in the hallways to our literacy rich environments, you can clearly see our focus!

Posted July 01, 2008
My daughter attended Valley Horizon for 3rd Grade and is still attending. This school is truly all about the kids and learning. This school has many fun activities for these kids. Ex.. talent shows, bingo for books, movie nights, family nights and much more. My daughter loves her new school and her new teachers. Valley Horizon is a Excellent school with Excellent teachers.

Posted May 28, 2008
All four of my daughters have either attended valley horizon or are still attending. Two of them graduated and are still using the skills taught at valley. I love this school!

Valley Horizon Elementary School 2

Posted August 08, 2007
Play ground is poor, my son is always bored, they have to put so much emphasis on reading instead of adding just a little more science, music, or art. Communication between parents and teachers is very poor. I really want to transfer my child to a different school!

Valley Horizon Elementary School 2

Posted March 08, 2006
Problems with discipline, teachers doesn't know the kids

Valley Horizon Elementary School 3

Posted December 30, 2005
Poor academic programs, some problems with discipline

Posted August 24, 2003
My two children have attended VH since kindergarten, now in the 4th and 6th grades, and have had wonderful teachers, and have excelled in school.

Valley Horizon Elementary School 3

Posted April 28, 2003
Helps to parents i.e. workshops need to be offered in the evenings for working parents. My daughter has had a rough go of it. The socialization expectancy is not the best. They have helped her academically with special help. However, they tend to isolate her in the classroom and this brings about isolation as a whole. But, for the most part this school has been good for her. Just want her to look forward to going to school. To be able to excite her to learn would be good.

Posted March 28, 2003
I think this is a very good school over all. My son is in the third grade and he just loves going to school. I think the teachers and the rest of the faculty make it that way. If they weren't doing there jobs or if they didn't love doing what they are doing then he would love being there. You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work.

Valley Horizon Elementary School
4501 West 20th St, Yuma, AZ  85364
Last modified Valley Horizon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley Horizon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top