K-8|Private

Bad
Good

As a military family, St. Francis is one of three Catholic schools our children have attended (so far!) and we look back at our time there fondly. No school is perfect and no, Catholic school is not free. We feel it is a solid investment in our children's futures. During our time at St. Francis, our children thrived and our family enjoyed being a part of the community. We were warmly welcomed and have made lifelong friendships with students, parents and staff members. The staff and level of instruction is comparable to the schools our children have attended in NC and CA. But the family like community and reinforcement of our Catholic values can not be matched! Community service and family involvement are encouraged. If you want your child(ren) to have a wonderful, truly Catholic education in a family like, nurturing community, St. Francis is the school for you.

BLUF...St Francis is an immense waste of money! I highly encourage military families to steer clear of this sub-standard money pit...no computer classes, no PE and weekly "taxes" in addition to the tuition. St Francis' academic standards are below that of GA public schools. My daughter is gifted as a "fast learner" and attended St Francis (K-1st). While at St Francis, my daughter received straight As with zero indication of struggle. We are a military family and have re-located to GA. 40+hrs of homeschool later, she is now able to meet the bare minimum to enter the GA public school system. Only positive comment...comfortable Catholic environment.

We are a military family and have two children at St Francis, one in first grade and one in fifth grade. We started at St Francis in Kindergarten, and have been pleased ever since. St Francis is a wonderful community and has become our family away from home. Mrs Veronica Lopez, the principal, is finishing her first year as the St Francis principal and she is wonderful! She knows all of the children by name and has so much love and energy! We have been pleased with the teachers and the education that our children have received while we have been at St Francis. The Catholic education is priceless! There are also many scholarship opportunities for the military families at St Francis. St Francis is a very close, loving community, and I am so excited about the beautiful people that my children are becoming.

All of my children attended St. Francis of Assisi school from kindergarten to eighth grade. They were very well prepared for high school and have gone on to have successful careers. What I appreciated most was the small, family oriented atmosphere with strong parental support and the teaching of traditional values. The school provided an invaluable support system for my family and is the source of many lifelong friendships. St Francis was worth every penny we invested. If I had it to do over, I would want my children to go to St Francis school.

St Francis provides small school intimacy in a safe and nurturing environment. The values and discipline being instilled are helping our child to build a solid and balanced foundation. He is getting extra attention to develop academically. The teachers, principal and staff are all engaged and know every student. The environment at the school is improving - a focus on academics and student performance, a focus on teacher development, and a focus on improving the technology used in the classrooms. I am very glad that we decided to send our son to St Francis and I am looking forward to our younger son beginning next fall as well.

St. Francis is a wonderful school! Class sizes are small, my son gets all the attention that he needs. The teacher knows him well and is able to challenge him constantly. St. Francis is a small community, everyone knows each other and my son has truly blossomed in this extremely close knit community where family involvement is exceptional as well as the high quality of education. There is a new principal there this year and she is making big changes and leading the school in amazing directions. We are very happy at St. Francis. I think its also important to note the teachers tenure at St. Francis, most of the teachers have been there for a very long time - teach tenure is always a good sign of teacher quality.

My brother and sister both went to St. Francis as students. My mom was going to put me into the kindergarten class but money was tight and she sent my sister for 6th grade to Alice Byrne and I went to K there. My brother was in the 8th grade class while My sister and I went to Alice Byrne. When I was going into 6th grade, I had a choice of going to Woodard Junior High or St. Francis and I picked St.Francis because it is a small school and honestly I made a good decision! St.Francis is a small community of teachers and the principal knows every student by first name and is NOT biased. On my first day of school at St.Francis the whole 8th grade class was welcoming and the teachers were all nice too. I thought it was a good idea that St.Francis had a barbecue because it got all the students of the school to relax and have fun and not think about school for one day. When my step-dad got a jobtransfer in california I was crushed because I had to leave all the awesome teachers and the school I came to love. Overall who ever wants to place their child into St.Franci, this school is a EXCELLENT investment.

I've read many unfavorable reviews about this school in the past couple of years on this website. They are no longer posted. Why is that?

I am a parent of 4 children attending St. Francis Catholic School. I feel this was the best choice for my children academically. Children transitioning from St. Francis into high schools test higher on entry exams not only to Yuma Catholic but also to public high schools. That is proof to me that many GREAT things are happening at St. Francis. The curriculum which includes a strong Catholic doctrine, Saxon Math, andn Court Reading have worked well with my children. This school not only tops academically but also offer Club SFEP (an enviromental club), a poetry club, and does community outreach for the less fortunate. I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!

st. franis is overrated, money wanting, and their students are stucks which is being taught by the examples of the teachers. all they care about is popularity and $$$$$$$..i have family both here and immaculate concdeption and I.c. is a very good school they always include the children in every decision they make which is wonderful and the teachers set great examples for the children....i recommend you look and and have an orientation at immaculate conception before you send your children to st. francis

Last modified St. Francis of Assisi School is a Private school that serves grades K-8