Posted August 13, 2014
My son has attend Yuma Lutheran School since Kinder and is just starting 5th Grade. This school has the warmest and most caring teachers and I couldn't imagine him being in a more loving environment. He is taught the word of God daily and feels very loved. The education is exceeded my expectation. With the scholarship programs available, anyone could attend this private school. You will be happy you made the choice.

Posted November 03, 2012
YLS is the BEST SCHOOL and has the BEST STAFF. We moved to Yuma a few years ago and after much research were blessed to have enrolled our children at YLS. We have 3 children and have experienced PreK-3rd and 7-8th grades. The staff is very compassionate and focused on our children's academic and social development. They are constantly improving their facilities, programs, resources, etc. They are adverse in their athletic programs, music & orchestra, outdoor ed trips, science fair, and more. YLS demonstrates a clear desire for family and community involvement. The staff begins their day in prayer and models Christian behavior and leadership throughout the day with their students. My children are in a safe, Christian, learning environment with caring teachers and classmates. YLS takes pride in helping students excel and be good citizens. It's one big family I plan on being a part of for a very long time.

Posted February 01, 2012
Very pleased that YLS offers electives for 6-8 grade. 7th and 8th graders can also take an advanced math class. I also like that my 1st grader is getting the opportunity to learn to play the violin. The orchestra teacher is so wonderful!- just as all the other teachers my 3 children have had so far!

Posted December 06, 2011
I sent two children to this school for two years. My son attended his first grade there and the experience was less than satisfactory. My son is an extremely bright boy but hyper. His lessons bored him constantly. Parent-teacher meetings were requested and never scheduled. Eventually I wrote a letter to the teacher calling her to task and I got my meeting, with her and the Principal which was less than helpful. The next year my son transferred. My daughter attended kindergarten there the next year with similar results. She was doing poorly academically. Meetings were requested and never held. Towards the end of school year, her teacher had the nerve to tell me she thought my child should be held back. She told me this in the parking lot. My children now attend a charter school. One that has resources and that staff that is trained enough to intervene when a child is having difficulty. My son's issues were caught within the first two weeks by his new school, was diagnosed as ADHD with an IQ of 120. My daughter is still pending, but her difficulty was determined within weeks of school starting. Why did I pay over $3000 a year for this school?

Posted November 10, 2011
I am a mother of two and both attend Yuma Lutheran. I am a proud parent of what this school offers. With the change in Principal, the school is very positive, academics exceeds many other schools. We are a family here and we are very happy. I do not understand why some of the reports are negative, they do not push through academics, teachers care about students.

Yuma Lutheran School 2

Posted April 04, 2011
After two years at YLS we are leaving. It seems they push through the academics regardless of how the kids are doing. Instead of reteaching and retesting when kids don't understand and do poorly, tests are given and counted in the grade book regardless and they move onto the next topic. Too much attention is paid to getting through a book by the end of the year instead of making sure everyone understands the subject matter. Many of the children don't seem to uphold the Christian values that we expect in a Christian school. I would guess that many parents leave it up to the school to teach children Biblical principles and nothing is reinforced at home. Many children cuss and bully. I can get this for free in a public school, so why am I paying for it?

Posted March 13, 2011
Absolutely NO recommendation for YLS! We did not return our well behaved, bright and talented children after one year due to the administrative policy of ignoring its own handbook regarding discipline. IN the Biblical sense, they are respecters of persons of influence, or parents who are intimidators, whose children enjoy a double standard with total immunity to discapline. They have burnt many bridges here....

Posted December 20, 2010
I would not recommend this school to anyone! It is the worst school out of all that my child attended and its teachers were the worst we ever had. There was lots of bullying, harassment, and gossip. Telling the teacher did not help because she supported this behaviour in children, and the principal did not take control of the situation. This school is also weak academically. The math program for 7th grade was barely halfway completed. The teacher did not want and was not able to answer my child's questions concerning the contents of the subjects which she taught.

Posted June 05, 2010
After looking at the other schools in the area, I chose Yuma Lutheran School for my child. I am very happy with my decision. The teachers really care about the students and keep parents involved in the learning. It's like a big family. Next year they will have a new principal. The program is superior. Beyond the challenging academics, sports teams compete against other schools as part of the after school athletic program. String orchestra instruction is available for gr. 1-8 during school as well as a well rounded music program for the whole school. My child wouldn't consider going anywhere else and is sad that they don't have a high school as well.

Posted May 31, 2010
Pulled my child out after three years. School has no controll of the students my child was bullied and harassed. I would not recommend this school to anyone ever.

Yuma Lutheran School