K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I've had my three children in this school for the past three years. If I could stay in Yuma I would continue their education with SWCS. This school has been a positive experience for my children and have received a quality education. After our time here and seeing children thrive in a private school setting, we have decided to continue investing in their education by keeping them in private school. We wish we didn't have to move or we would stay. The staff is amazing and they each truly love your children. its been a blessing attending here.

I've had one daughter in this school for 5 years; can't put into words what this school has meant to my family. I have the ultimate trust that this school has equipped my daughter with skills and abilities to succeed anywhere even at a young age, all while embracing God! I'm sending my second child there begging next year for the same experience and results. It has been a sacrifice to do so, but through Christ we will be able to send both my girls. If you are looking for a school that has it together, this is it.

My children have attended SWCS and I am proud of how well it prepared them for their academic careers in high school and beyond. Not only are they well educated, they are well versed in the love and knowledge of God so they can be strong in their faith as they enter young adulthood. It is great to know they have a solid foundation in their education, faith and a good set of Christian friends as they enter high school. This school is a great choice for anyone who wants their child to hold a traditional Biblical worldview.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Overall the teaching staff is excellent. Nobody's perfect; some teachers excel in some areas and are not very proficient in others. Overall if your student is able to attend SWCS for all their elementary years and middle school they will receive a very well balanced education.

Amount of homework: Agree

I am not a huge proponent of homework. I feel that as adults we work 8 hours per day, and that should suffice for students as well. So anything more than 2 hours of homework after spending 6 hours in the classroom to me seems excessive. It is nice to have time in the evenings for family time without having to worry that our kids have hours and hours of homework to do before bed. My kids never seem to exceed a couple hours of homework, and their standardized test scores are always in the 90th percentile so... seems like the balance of homework to in class instruction seems about right.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school encourages students to emulate the example of Christ in all areas of their lives, which builds in them a strong moral core of honesty, compassion, charity and love.

My children started attending this school about halfway through their elementary school years. I can't express how pleased we were with the experience. As they moved into high school, they were able to take honors classes, and were more than prepared in all of their core classes. I would highly recommend Southwestern Christian School to anyone looking to place their students in a highly academic, Christian environment.

Horrible school in Yuma ....BEWARE!!!!don't enroll your child in here. I am very displeased about this school. Although the parent involvement community has been good. There needs to be change in administration. The principal talks down to parents and to students. She is arrogant and likes to intimidate parents, students and staff. There are a few teachers and parents who feel entitled and are very "cliquish".. If you are not park of their click...your child will be treated unfair....this school removes bad ratings....do your research before enrolling your child here

This is an wxcellent school. The teachers genuinely care for the children and strive for excellence in academics and spiritual growth. The office staff is by far the best I've ever encountered. I would agree with another parent who commented about the tolerance for "clique behavior" , I think the school needs to address this issue. Overall this is a wonderfull school and I would (and do) highly recommend it.

This is far and away the best Christian school my Children have ever attended, with administration, teachers, and staff that reflect Christ-like charachter and consistant professionalism. Southwestern Christian School is a place of Christ centered academic excellence. Many non-white students are enrolled and dearly loved, along with their families. My children are not white and we are very impressed at the fairness here. I think it likely that the very negative review was an error, maybe another school(?) SWCS is an honest, open school that walks its talk, with over 200 very happy - and diverse - Christian families!

Last modified Southwestern Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8