Public charter
Yuma, AZ
After care: No

Posted March 31, 2015
This was my daughter's first year at Desert View. It has been a true joy to have her there. We are moving at the end of the month and we are finding that the schools in our new town don't compare. The staff at desert view are very caring and compassionate. My daughter had a rough time at the beginning of the year and her teacher and the assistant principal worked with her to help her fit in and become the student we all knew she could be. I cannot thank them enough for making my daughter feel special and for not giving up on her. I can only speak praise for the school.

Posted January 26, 2015
We just moved to Yuma, and are thrilled with DVA. My child came home his first day and said, "I met two principals, and they are nice!" In our old school, the kids only saw the principal when they were in trouble. The teachers have taken the time to explain how students set goals for their learning, and how they will work to achieve those goals. We are very happy to have found this school for our children.

Posted January 25, 2015
We are new to Desert View this year and we could not be happier with the school, the teachers, and the principals. Our children actually love going to school. They come home each day with great stories to tell. There attitudes are great and we believe it is totally due to the staff at the school. In edition to the teachers the principals know our children. Mrs Wegel greets them each day at the gate and Mrs KB plays with them on the playground. We have never known principals to be so involved with students. We highly recommend the school to anyone that asks.

Posted December 28, 2014
We are moving back to Yuma in a few months and we just started looking at schools in the area. We have lived there before and our kids attended public, private and online schools before enrolling at Desert View. After seeing that our kids favorite teacher is now the assistant principal we will be enrolling all of our children there. Not only does the school have a great reputation and super teachers but it also has someone we love and respect there. So happy! We highly recommend the school.

Posted December 17, 2014
My grandchildren attend DVA. They love it and I love the fact that the teachers and principals teach more than just academics. This week is holiday spirit week. It's been a lot of fun to help my grandkids dress up in the different theme outfits. We love the school and cannot sing its praises enough.

Posted December 17, 2014
My family is moving over the holiday break. It breaks our hearts to have to leave Desert View. The teachers are amazing. The principal and vice principal are very visible and they are extremely involved in everything. We see them all the time and the kids love them as much as their teachers. We hope we can find a school in Phoenix as great as this one. We highly recommend it.

Desert View Academy 2

Posted December 02, 2014
We have been pleased with the quality of teaching. My student struggled at the beginning of the year to meet the high expectations but eventually understood the requirements. HOWEVER- the administration is horrible. The only amicable front office member is Margot and the leadership is completely jaded. Sometimes it seems like they are running a concentration camp instead of an elementary school.

Posted June 20, 2014
Desert View is an awesome alternative to traditional under performing public schools. I enrolled my 3 children at DVA and they flourished there. They went from falling far below to meets or exceeds in all core subject areas in the first 2 quarters of the school year. For the parents that want to see how well educators do when left to their own teaching devices and merits, our public charters are the way to go. They do far more with less funding and without all the bureaucratic red tape and teachers unions our traditional public schools use. These educators aren't teaching to test they are actually teaching core subjects along with good character traits. Be respectable, be responsible and be safe!

Desert View Academy 4

Posted June 17, 2014
I just finished going to DVA I have been there kinder through 5th Grade. Through all these years I have learned so much. Not just about math, social studies, and other subjects. I also learned how to be a better friend and learned lots of character. And got lots of friends. Sometime the teachers go hard on you but some of them are really nice and fun. My favorite activities were the pennies for patients fundraiser and pool day. I really enjoyed my 6 years at DVA. Sometimes they will push you hard to do something. But trust me if you go there you will like it. Have Fun :)

Desert View Academy 1

Posted June 06, 2014
At first it was great, then a vice principle comes and takes all the teachers that were great, and throws them away! They should keep the teachers that gave good education to that school.

Desert View Academy
2363 South Kennedy Lane, Yuma, AZ  85365
Last modified Desert View Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desert View Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 84 reviews. Top