Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (15 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (15 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (16 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (11 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (12 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (15 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (14 responses)

Posted August 29, 2016
I have thought a lot about this. Last year my son attended DVA. He had a tough year and it took its tool on everyone. I remember how hard Mrs KB worked with him and how much she loved him and respected me. she was an angle. It came to a point where I had to enroll him in another school. It was heartbreaking. I remember Mrs Kbs tears and her apologies. I wondered if they were sincere. I saw her this weekend. It was like i had run in to a long lost family member. She hugged me tight and we talked about my son. Her love was genuine and true. She really did and does love and care about him. She is the kind of leader I wish was at all schools. Her heart is genuine and she is a blessing to everyone who knows her. Thank you Mrs KB. I hope you know we love you.

Posted August 24, 2016
Thank you Mrs Trudgeon and Mrs KB for all the work you do with our son. He loves you both and you have both touched him and our family in ways you will never know. It is hard to put into words the love and respect we have for each of you. Growing up we liked our teachers and were respectful of our principals. We never thought in a million years that a teacher and an assistant principal would know our family, our son, and his needs so well. The sun rises for people like the two of you. Thank you for making a difference in all the students lives.

Posted August 21, 2016
Thank you Mrs Weigel, Mrs KB, Mrs Anita, and everyone else at DVA. Your school is tremendous. It's the only school in Yuma that I recommend without reservation.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 21, 2016
DVA does a great job of making sure students treat each other fairly. DVA is a great school with great staff, The middle school/high school is the exact opposite. I highly recommend DVA. I highly do not recommend the middle high school. If you've been at DVA, you will be disappointed if you send your kids to the new middle and high school. The difference is night and day. DVA is an A rated school. The middle and high school is not.

Posted August 20, 2016
I worked at DVA for several years. I loved the students, parents, and staff. I can honestly say that working there was one of the hardest jobs I have ever had in my life. It was also a job I loved because of the students and people I worked with. At DVA, the teachers and administrators go well above that of other schools. Teachers put in well over 40 hours per week. They work on weekends holidays and vacations. They do all of that because they all believe all of their students can grow and achieve great things. Administration is also pretty good. Deb Weigel is pretty much the face of the school. She goes out of her way to make people happy. KB is the glue that holds everything together. She goes out of her way to make sure everything is just right and to make sure everything is fair. She is consistent and very much respected by teachers, students and families. The office and custodial staff are equally great. If you are looking for a school that will make a huge difference in your child's life you need to at least tour DVA. It is by far the best school in the area.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 10, 2016
My son come home today and his sisters was fighting over the clicker. He told them they was not being respectful or responsible and if they kept fighting they was gonna break all 3 rules. I askt him what he was taking about and he said they was breaking the 3 bees. He learnt them at school.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted August 09, 2016
Thank you Mrs Margo, Mrs Anita, Mrs Wiegel, and Mrs KB. We love you. You all are the best of the best.

Posted August 09, 2016
We love DVA. We had our daughter at the school a few years ago and then we tried another school. It was horrible. It took a long time to get back into DVA but the wait was worth it. My wife and me feel like we are home and we never left. The teachers remember us the office remember us Mrs Wiegel remember us and Mrs KB remember us. We will never leave this school again. It is a blessing and we are blessed to eb back. It is the best school in Arizona,

Posted August 09, 2016
The second week of school just started. It was just as great as last week. I heard from friends that there kids first days were not so good. I cannot imagine. My children are happy and they cannot stop talking about DVA. At dinner, they ask us to speak in full sentences and they use sign language. We think is some sort of program that all the teachers use and it must be effective because both my first grader and my third grader are having a lot of fun.Mr Klemme and Mrs Kelso are wonderful. They are both outtathisworld. My husband and I also met Mrs Wiggle. She made us feel like family the the ladies in the office equally great. Margot helped us allot with enrollment and Anita seems to know the answers to allot of things. They smile all the time even when there are a lot of people in the office. There are so many people there that we think are great. The other principal Miss Kb like the toy store is constantly on the move smiling and laughing. She has also been helpful. I cannot think of one thing that has not been great about DVA. Except when we pick up our kids in the afternoon sometimes It can get a lithe hairy but we have been told it gets allot better. The people in the parking lot are very nice in the 120 degree weather and believe it or not they are always smiing. Overall, we are thrilled we decided to put our children in DVA.

Posted August 08, 2016
Thank you Mrs Wiggle and Mrs Kb for a great school. This is like a dream come true. We love DVA.

3777 W. 16th St. , Yuma, AZ  85364
Last modified Desert View Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.