Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (9 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (3 responses)

Posted January 29, 2016
I am a teacher at DVA. I have never worked in an environment that is so fast paced, positive, challenging, and fun. We have the best students in the county and they work harder than any students I have ever been around. I can also attest to how hard each staff member works and I can absolutely say that our administration is by far the best I have ever worked with. The expectation at DVA is that all students will succeed, grow and meet their goals. Both Weigel and KB are amazing. They have open door policies and they are always available for me, my students, parents, and staff members. If you are looking for a school for your children, you should seriously consider DVA. It’s wonderful.

Posted January 15, 2016
We have had our children at DVA for several years. We really believe in the school and its mission. Lately, however, there have been some staffing changes that we did not fully understand. After speaking to several people in the school community, we better understand why the changes happened. We completely support the school’s administration (Mrs Weigel and Mrs KB) as well as the entire staff. If you are looking for a school with high standards, DVA is the place for you. You WILL NOT be disappointed.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted December 28, 2015
The level of respect shown to students and expected from students is tremendous. My children have become much more respectful at home since beginning at DVA.

Posted December 28, 2015
Desert View is one of the best schools in this area. My children have attended public and private schools in Yuma but neither can compare to DVA. The teachers, office staff, and administrators are friendly, involved and really care about the students that attend their school. It is refreshing to see so many people come together to make sure each student is successful. I highly recommend DVA.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted December 20, 2015
We would like to thank Mrs Weigel for her caring leadership. We would also like to thank Mrs KB for her involvement with our childrens specialized plans. She is constantly making sure my kids get what they need.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted December 20, 2015
I think the teachers at DVA are effective because they enjoy teaching at the school. Student to teacher ratio is the best in Yuma which makes it possible for all students to learn. On top of that, the administration is fantastic and always interacting with students and families.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted December 20, 2015
Our children have made leaps and bounds academically, and socially. They no longer give up when things get tough.

Posted December 20, 2015
Words cannot describe how much we appreciat all the DVA staff does for our children. Other schools looked the other way at the difficulties my children have but the DVA teachers and administration identified their problems and came up with a plan to help them be successful. My children are now much mote confident and love going to school. We highly recomend DVA.

Posted November 25, 2015
My family and I were out to dinner tonight and we were talking about the things we are greatful for. I was happy to hear that both of my children are thankful for their school DVA. They love their teachers and Mrs Weigel and Mrs KB. My husband and I feel fortunate to be able to recommend DVA to everyone that asks. Teachers set high expectations and the entire staff is loving and approachable. I had no idea schools like thie existed. It's the best.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 18, 2015
Thank you, DVA Staff, for caring for each student and working diligently to create a safe learning environment. Thank you for believing that all students can learn, and for your high expectations. Thank you for reinforcing the "3 Be's" every day. Each day is a learning adventure!

3777 W. 16th St. , Yuma, AZ  85364
Last modified Desert View Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desert View Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 166 reviews. Top