Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (12 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (9 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (10 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (10 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (6 responses)

Posted April 14, 2016
I want to thank Mrs Weigel and Mrs KB for working with my son. He knows he is loved at DVA and it is largely because of the school administrators.

Posted April 14, 2016
My son has been attending DVA for two years. I have been extremely happy with the education he has received. The reason I am writing this review is that I want to comment on the level of emotional support and advocating school staff do on his behalf. Specifically, I cannot thank Mrs Weigel and Mrs KB enough for working with him and for trying to understand how to best meet his needs. I can tell that Mrs KB absolutely loves her job and she loves helping students. She has gone above and beyond to try to help my son. I find that exrraordinary and very much worth writing about. My son has also had amazing teachers. They have really worked with him and for their time, I am truly grateful. If you are on the fence about whether or not DVAis the school for your children please visit the school. You will be glad you did. I highly recommend DVA to anyone who asks.

Posted March 24, 2016
My children have been at DVA for two years. They love it and so do we. The school does so much for my kids. If there is ever an issue the teachers are quick to respond and so are Weigel and KB. I sometimes wonder how the principals are able to be so involved. I constantly see KB talking to students and encouraging them. I know she deals with discipline but I think she also does a lot of counseling on top of that. My kids absolutely love her and love talking to her. Weigel is such a fun person and she makes everyone around her happy. I think they are the absolute best and they are one of the reasons DVA is so amazing. The office staff, teachers, custodians and administration is the best. We cannot imaging a Yuma without DVA.

Posted March 14, 2016
Last week my daughter spent hours making friendship bracelets. One of them was for her assistant principal. I happened to be able to walk her into school and see her give the bracelet to Ms KB. I was shocked to see my daughter run up to her hug her and give her the bracxelet. Ms KB told her it was the most beautiful bracelet she’d ever seen and she put it on her wrist. From what I understand, she wore it all week long and thanked my daughter on more than one occasion. This example is only one of many I could share about DVA and its amazing staff.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted March 14, 2016
My family thinks that the DVA staff absolutely embeds good character into everything. Mrs Weigels announcements always stress the importance of good character and the teachers and staff lead by example.

Posted March 14, 2016
My daughter has been attending DVA since kindergarten. She’s grown so much both academically and socially since starting there. I thought the move to the new location might bring changes but to my surprise the changes are really for the better. My daughter is learning more about technology that I could ever have imagined and her grades are soaring. If you are looking for a school that helps students grow and achieve high levels in all areas of their lives DVA is the school for you.

Posted February 24, 2016
My husband and I want to thank the whole staff. Everyone is fabulous. School leadership is great. Thank you Mre Weigel and Miss KB.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted February 24, 2016
Since starting at Desert View my daughter talks about the three bees. She says she needs to be safe respectful and responsible. She tells us those are big rules. She ain't absolutely thriving at Desert View.

Posted February 24, 2016
We are new to Desert View. We could not be happier. The whole staff is incredible. We have felt welcomed from the very first day and it just gets better. Not only does my daughter's teacher speak to me every day when I pick her up but other staff greet her as well. Today, she lit up and ran to a blond woman for a hug. It was the assistant principal Miss KB. She knew my daughter by name and was so lovely to her.she immediately introduced herself to me and was just as friendly as the office staff and principal. If you are looking for a school to make your 'home' please check out Desert View. It's a school, that came highly recommended to us and we are thrilled with everything about it!

3777 W. 16th St. , Yuma, AZ  85364
Last modified Desert View Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.