Public charter
Yuma, AZ
After care: No

Posted July 19, 2015
My daughter started at DVA last year. She had some tough spots and the school administration and teachers rallied to her side. We are grateful for how much the staff at the school care about her and the other students. not only did she have a great year and earn good grades but she also learned some important life skills. Like how to be a good friend and how to express herself in a caring way. Thank you Mrs Weigel and Mrs KB for all you did to make sure she was successful. and specially thank you for taking time to have lunch with her and talk to her about her feelings. We love DVA. Its a terrific place to send our daughter.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 18, 2015
The only homework my daughter had was reading. We appreciate the fact that the teachers know we have lives outside of school and don't send home lots of homework. Our child learned everything she needed during the school day and at night we just read with her. Love that.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 18, 2015
My daughter is strong willed and after one year at DVA she has changed. She is so much more caring and aware of her surroundings. I credit the school and its staff for the positive changes in her attitude.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 18, 2015
I cannot say enough about the teachers at DVA. They all go out of there way to do whatever it takes to make sure there students are doing well.

Posted July 07, 2015
The staff at DVA are wonderful. Our children have gone to DVA for three years. During that time, we have had outstanding teachers. They always go above and beyond what is required. My husband and I especially like the principals. Mrs Weigel is always out front greeting students and Mrs KB is equally accessible. We have seen Mrs KB at Sam's Club, Olive Garden, and Harkins. She always has time to stop and hug our kids and she's absolutely approachable. In addition, the office staff is great. We cannot recommend DVA enough. It's a tremendous school.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 03, 2015
This school absolutely develops all character traits needed to be a good person. Parents and students all learn from the good examples of the staff.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted June 03, 2015
My son is so respectful and caring because of both his home life and his school life. The school staff do a super job driving home the importance of smart choices.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 03, 2015
The mission statement says it all. Good character and good choices are always a focus.

Posted June 03, 2015
I have been looking at new schools in our new duty area for my child and I have been reading comments on this website to try and find one that is close to DVA. We are struggling to find one that compares. The staff is out of this world and Mrs Wegiel and Mrs KB are phenomenal. Every time we visit the school we felt welcome and important. Mrs Wegiel makes sure to shake each students hand in the morning and Mrs KB is on the playground round with a smile and a hug for our daughter. the office ladies are just as great. My husband and I could not be any happier with the education my child received. She loves school and is more responsible and caring because of her time with DVA. This school and its staff are top notch. Check them out. You won't be sorry!

Desert View Academy 1

Posted May 26, 2015
It was a living nightmare when my child went to this school. The excellent certified teachers were fired, and the school slowly turned my child into a rude rebel. The administration was horrible. This was the worst choice of schools for my child.

3777 W. 16th St. , Yuma, AZ  85364
Last modified Desert View Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desert View Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 115 reviews. Top