Public charter
Yuma, AZ

Posted April 04, 2014
Harvest Preparatory academy is a fine school! The teachers work together in Grade Level Teams to ensure students receive the benefit of teacher collaboration. There are high expectations placed on students to display good character and to strive for excellence in academics. This is not the school for students who want to "just get by". No matter if your child is struggling or excelling teachers will challenge them to do their best.

Posted August 05, 2013
This school provides a safe and secure environment for students to learn and achieve maximum success. Its immaculately clean interior and exterior surroundings are great motivational tools for both students and teachers. Staff is highly trained and this is the only school that I know of in my 31 years of teaching that provides PD training to teachers for 2 weeks and 2 days prior to the commencement of classes for students in the fall. I have observed teachers and all staff in general working assiduously to ensure that the students have a very productive and successful year at the school.

Posted April 26, 2013
HPA is a great school not only for its academics but the caring staff as well! Although you may see some teachers come and go, that is only because administration is doing their best to ensure that my child is getting the best education from the best teachers. Their teachers and staff care for the children and ensure that they are well taken care of not only during normal school days but also in emergency situations. I feel at ease bringing my child to school everyday.

Posted April 19, 2012
I am very proud of this school reaching out to the community to mold, mentor and teach children to achieve their dreams no matter how high or hard they might be. The waiting list shows that this is an excellent school with tough academics. I want my children pushed to their limit to always strive for more knowing the sky is the limit for their imagination. No school is perfect but this school immediately addresses every problem that has arisen in our children's lives and we admire that aspect.

Harvest Preparatory Academy 1

Posted July 11, 2011
I must say that the environment is wonderful and students are respectful. On the surface it looks ideal for any parent to enroll their kids; however, it's a facade that falls apart quickly. HPA is run primarily as a business and academic institution secondary. Classroom size is great, but too much emphasis is placed on standardized testing and compromises the "true" curriculum that students should be subjected to. Teacher turn-over speaks for itself and it is admin whose is responsible for this. Many ingredients are there for a very successful school; unfortunately, business mindsets prevail instead of the development of young minds. Extremely sad but true. Students are not held accountable; instead, teachers heads are set on the chopping block when low effort determines low standardized test scores or bad grades. Look, ultimately good parenting will outweigh whatever shortcomings a school has.In this case the only drawback is that if your child is advanced or up to par, he/she will be slowed down by others w/ less responsible parents who don't encourage hard work because no accelerated or honors classes are offered. The one star is for the environment and class sizes.

Harvest Preparatory Academy 1

Posted December 17, 2010
We tried the school for a couple of years hoping it was better than the local public schools. Constantly had my son coming home saying his teacher said they weren't going to teach history or science because it wasn't on the state test and they even had an assembly telling the kids that if they didn't pass the test they wouldn't be asked back next year. We finished up last school year and pulled him out early into the 2010/11 school year when we came back and noticed that 3/4 of the teachers had quit and they had nothing but out-of-state teachers fresh out of school. Not a good sign!

Harvest Preparatory Academy 0

Posted December 16, 2009
Harvest Preparatory has really changed over the past year. The administration has been really focusing on the needs of the teachers and students. A counselor handles the disipline problems and does a great job. I know for a fact that the AIMS testing has gone up within the whole school. I like the teachers and they are working hard to give these children the education they deserve.

Harvest Preparatory Academy 4

Posted August 28, 2009
When I take the time to go to the school to ask a question or discuss an issue, I always come away satisfied that the proper course to solve the problem will be taken. I have two children there now and hope they will want to continueto attend there. There are a couple of teachers who could be a little kinder in their attitudes towards the children but overall I am satisfied.

Harvest Preparatory Academy 4

Posted August 13, 2009
I have all my children attending this school from the grade level of elementary to high school. The year my daughter was entering high school, the thought did occur to enter her in a public high school until......i actually visited one. I am not bashing public high schools, I am just saying it is not for everyone. I am very content with the performance my daughter has shown and there is a more of a 'one on one' with teachers and staff. The safe environment alone is a load off my mind.

Harvest Preparatory Academy 0

Posted August 13, 2009
I wonder what school some of these negative parents have their kids in, because some of these comments are bizarre. The high school has a 99% rating on passing the aims. You don't get that kind of education from packets. They do allow students to do credit recovery with packest from a local certified educational agency to make up credits they didn't acquire from their previous school but that is it. This is an awesome school, with a very safe, supportive enviornment and the teacher turnover is only due to teachers who can't meet their high standards like goals of 90% meets and exceeds on the aims. This school is the school to watch.

Harvest Preparatory Academy
350 E 18th Street, Yuma, AZ  85366
(928) 782-2052
Last modified Harvest Preparatory Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harvest Preparatory Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top