Yuma, AZ

Posted February 22, 2015
YC is a great school! There is a reason why a graduating class of approximately 70 seniors (2014) earned a total of about eight million dollars in scholarship money. That is more than all of the other Yuma high schools combined. Students graduate to go on to prestigious private and public colleges and universities--and they are at the top of their classes. In private schools, many parents who remove their children, do not having the necessary funds, thus, they feel embarrassed, and blame the school. YC is very Catholic. There has been a problem with very, very, self-righteous Catholic parents, whose children are just as self-righteous, highly arrogant, and socially dysfunctional. YC is a very welcoming and open community. Catholics and non-Catholics are welcome! The school is very Christ Centered and academically sound.

Yuma Catholic High School 1

Posted November 15, 2013
There are numerous reasons why this school is a sub-par learning center. As a student here, you'll probably notice the numerous typo's in this review. First of all, it's not safe. There are bored teachers, uncreative lesson plans, a swim team without a pool.. There are ways of working with shortcomings like these in a high school, but if the place isn't safe, that's a nonstarter. This isn't just for parents' peace of mind. Study after study has shown that concerns about safety at school have a significant affect on learning. If your local high school has a reputation for fight breaking out (or even bullying) there's no bigger warning sign. After all, if the principal can't ensure basic safety, it's likely that other priorities are going unmet too. The next thing we should address is the bad teaching. Teachers with these characteristics are prevalent at this school: They lack subject knowledge, they have poor classroom control, they act unprofessionally, they can't diagnose learning problems, they are obsessive about method, they focus on the wrong goals, or even have no goals at all. Finally, it's not a good school. Plain and simple.

Yuma Catholic High School 1

Posted June 25, 2013
We pulled our child out of YCHS after freshman year. This school has nothing Catholic about it except the name. As for academics I have heard from other parents from my child's class that their children were not prepared for college. I didn't feel that all students and families were treated equally. I would not recommend this high school. Our child finished at a public high school and is doing wonderfully in college. Don't waste your money save it for their higher education.

Posted August 03, 2010
I'm a sophomore this year, and the first review is absolute lies! I can only name two or three rich kids (I'm certainly not) and the cheerleaders and football players actually hang out with everyone. Nobody's extremely popular and nobody's shunned. Everyone's accepting. Plus the teachers really like us and are really good and interested in their jobs. They're really good teachers.

Posted January 06, 2009
The YCHS campus is one that is filled with students that want to learn!, teachers that are dedicated to their profession and teach!, support staff that are positive and happy!, and a principal who is dedicated to the success of every single student! Truly YCHS is turning out the leaders of tomorrow..moral, compassionate, dedicated go-getters! We have two teens that have graduated already, and two more to go! We are so happy we chose YCHS as their foundation for higher learning.

Posted August 21, 2008
Wow. YCHS prepared me for life. The teachers were committed, knowledgeable in their profession, and amiable. I was a student-athlete for four years, on Student Council, part of the Campus Ministry leadership team, and a student on the accreditation committee, among other activities. Because of YCHS, I am at college on a track and field scholarship, a third-year pre-medicine student. I learned to be a leader at YCHS, and it was a wonderful experience. They prepared us so well for standardized testing, and beyond that, for what lay ahead on the road of life.

Yuma Catholic High School
2100 West 28th Street, Yuma, AZ  85364
Last modified Yuma Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Yuma Catholic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top