PK-5 & Ungraded
Yuma, AZ

Posted May 24, 2014
Amazing School. I loved the Staff. They have a great Music art and P.E. program. They have excellent teachers that place the student at there correct mental capacity. Even there Cafeteria food is good.

Sunrise Elementary School 1

Posted January 24, 2013
As a former elementary educator, my child was at this school for less than 2 weeks before I withdrew from the system. The class sizes are huge, especially in a kindergarten classroom. There is not enough supervision at lunch and lunch recess. Bullying is a major issue and without supervision there is no possible way to address it. The homework is inaproporate, it is busy work and way too much of it, I would never send any of my children to this school ever again.

Posted August 20, 2012
I like Sunrise Elementry School. My son is now in the 4th grade and I have been impressed with all of his teachers. They are dedicated. Thank you Sunrise staff!!!

Sunrise Elementary School 2

Posted March 18, 2012
NOT happy with this school. The teacher demands 100% perfection out of first graders and marks their behavior on red if they forget something, or mispell a word on their homework. My child is so stressed out and stays up worrying at night about his homework and performance. there are alot of mean kids here, there is bullying going on and they get away with a warning "yellow" for physically hurting other students. The morale is low here, theres little parental involvement, Disappointed with the food, the outdoor P.E. and the near non-existant playground. I've never seen any of the other first grade teachers smile. Staff don't seem to be happy. I have seen them yell at thechildren. The school seems to be very performance driven rather than student focused and driven. This school is a huge disappointment from the charter school we came from. We will be transferring at the end of this year.

Posted December 26, 2011
I love Sunrise Elementary School. The Staff is all terrific and the parents are very involved. My son is now in the 3rd grade and I have been impressed with all of his teachers. They are kind and dedicated. They all seem to go the extra mile to make sure that my son is happy and learning! I have been extremely impressed. Even the campus layout is warm and friendly. I like the "neighborhood style," pods for the different grades. The playground equipment is good and the ladies in the cafeteria provide a meal with a smile. I have been very impressed with the field trips, science, art and P.E.programs. The hands on experiance that my son is getting is invaluable. Thank you Sunrise Elementary for not losing my little guy in the shuffle and always striving to give him an excellent education! I am greatful to be getting a private school quality education for just the cost of my tax dollars. :-)

Posted December 02, 2010
My children are currently have Mrs. Trevino and Mrs. Young and I have to honestly say that these are one of the best teachers that my children have had. Mrs. Trevino has been very patient and is a great asset to my daughter. Mrs. Young has been absolutely wonder to my son who has recently been diagnosed with Autism. I wish that my youngest child could go to school here, because I know that he would absolutely love it!

Posted August 23, 2010
Last year my kids had Mrs Jefferson and Mrs. chavez. I experienced an ebsolutely wonderful year with these 2 professional, loving, and experienced teachers. Mrs. jefferson was always so kind and sweet and extremely professional with her students and parents. She was very involved with her class. Always smiling and greeted everyone for the day. Thank you Mrs. Jefferson for an outstanding year!!!! Mrs Chavez was always helping my 10 year old in every manner she could. My daughter requires extra attention and extra help since she has mild special needs. Thank you Mrs. chavez for all of your patience and effort that you put into my child to help her grow! I love the ladies in the office, Mrs yara and Mrs. Kristy. Always keeping busy and smiling, very professional also and we are very fortunate to have great people working hard for their money! Thank you Sunrise staff!!!

Sunrise Elementary School

Posted April 13, 2010
Sunrise gives their students, Dedication, heart, some much recognition for their hard work. They do what they can with what little resources they have, but everyone works together for the kids!

Sunrise Elementary School 3

Posted January 28, 2010
Overall I believe Sunrise to be a good school. Mr. Monson is a good involved principle. Although, it isn't all perfect. There is one teacher I know just doesn't seem to have the passion and dedication a teacher should bring to the classroom. It is truly disappointing because our children will be the ones that suffer in the next grade. We go the extra mile to supplement at home as it is not solely the job of the teacher/school to do so, but the fact remains that she appears to not have the knowledge, organization, and passion to be one of the good ones.

Posted September 26, 2009
My son is a Highly intelligent, High energy kid to say the least & I have been very Impressed with this school! My son is in 1st Grade now & he has had 2 excellent teachers so far. The New Principal is involved & Very Motivated to Improve the school in any way that he can. I have read several comments from parents that were Negative & all I can say is, 'if you expect a school to raise your child, maybe you should Home School.' If you are willing to participate & help your child & their teacher then I think you will see better results, No matter what school you choose. If you do have a problem with your child's teacher or even another student, the principal is willing to listen & mediate the situation. The office staff has always been nice to me even when they are busy!

Sunrise Elementary School
9943 S. 28th Street, Yuma, AZ  85367
Last modified Sunrise Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunrise Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top