Posted July 21, 2014
My son transferred to Gila Ridge High School from another local school his junior year and had incredible success! I only wish we had started him at GR his freshman year. His teachers were above average, and he easily made friends. He was able to participate in dual enrollment at GR and AWC his senior year, completing a semester of college and graduating from high school. The teachers were accessible and responsive and the staff was always polite and helpful. Excellent school!

Gila Ridge High School 3

Posted March 12, 2012
I was thoroughly disappointed as I watched two of my children attend this school. I'm a VErY involved parent, so I volunteer and remain nearby to be easily accessible if the need arises. The counselors seemed to not care on sharing information (SAT/ACT dates, Scholar, Dual Enr avail,), so DO YOUR OWN HMWRK. Nonchalant sports program, The principle showed little involvement in the school, situations, or w/the kids, Too many Chiefs running around like chickens with their heads off accomplishing nothing. SAD. Too many hoops for teachers to get their job done, & poor teachers stick around because no one has time for the paperwork. Great neighborhood though (K1-College Degree all on the same road -mile)

Posted April 10, 2010
We moved from Orange County, CA & were concerned about the quality of the high school's in Yuma. The academics is a little behind CA, but regardless, GRHS is a wonderful school. Our concerns in any school are academics, activities, opportunities... GRHS is, to us, an excellent environment for our child. The teachers thus far are above average; it is apparent the teachers care about the student's education and welfare. Our child is excelling. We have no doubt she will be able to perform well in OC school when we return to CA. Thank you to the teachers and staff of this well rounded school.

Gila Ridge High School 2

Posted November 09, 2009

Posted August 20, 2009
I have been pleased with this school. It is a very nice. Registration was easy and quick. I can talk to the teachers without a problem.The only problem I found was the theft issue. My daughters friend had her wallet stolen out of her back pack and nothing was done about it. So I understand what the person below felt with the theft issue. I know it happens at all schools but I would've expected GR to be a step up from that.

Posted July 27, 2009
This is my first experience in having a child in HS, overall it had good teachers and good amount of homework, as fundraiser activities, this year she was on fashion design and the fashion show they had at the end of the year was extraordinary. I think this is a good school.

Posted March 24, 2009
Coming from another state has been tough, but this school has made it easy for my son to continue his studies without much interruption. Other then the funding issues I think G.R is a good school.

Posted October 09, 2008
It's a brand new school. The only beef I have is that when items get stolen, the officials have a hands off policy. They say they can't do a thing about it. To me that means, go ahead and steal because no one is stopping you. All the schools in Yuma have this policy and they have really dropped the ball on educating our children on criminal behavior.

Posted September 05, 2008
awesome school love to go there

Posted July 28, 2008

Gila Ridge High School
7150 E. 24th Street, Yuma, AZ  85364
Last modified Gila Ridge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gila Ridge High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top