Bad
Good

This school used to be exceptional. My two kids have attended Mesquite for the last three years. The first two years were awesome. The teachers were fun and enthusiastic about teaching and the Principal was the best. She was fun and cared for those kids as if they were her own. The kids loved her. She retired at the end of the school year in 2014. The district transferred another Principal from another school to take the helm of the "A" school and she has been the worst tyrant I have ever experienced in a Principal. The environment changed from fun and enjoyable, my kids loved to go to school. Their teachers were happy and they were learning. This year when you walk into the school, those same teachers are so unhappy. It feels like you are walking into a jail where the teachers are trapped and the kids feel that. That influences their love of learning and love of school. It is such a shame. I hope the district listens to the parents and makes a change. With that being said, my children will not be attending Mesquite anymore.

I want to give a shout out to the outstanding Mesquite Orchestra Teacher Mrs. Janet Jones who freely volunteers her time to students three days a week before school. She has taken a strong interest in providing music education to Mesquite students on a professional level that has proven to be very successful. Mesquite students love and appreciate her willingness to share her love and knowledge for the Violin and Chello! Mesquite is fortunate to have her!

My 3 kids grades 1,3 and 6 all had a great year there this year. Yes, the class sizes are big, but the teachers all did a great job at doing the best to teach all levels of students. If you feel your child is falling behind, then get into the classroom and see what you can do to help him/her succeed. All the specials teachers do a wonderful job, too. The music teacher does a fun musical every year with all students who want to get involved:) The office staff is so friendly and helpful too. I may be biased, but I really believe that Mesquite is the best school you could place your child for elementary in Yuma!

Mesquite elementary-my daughter went to second-grade there. She was lost in the shuffle. She had one teacher with 37 students in her class. She did not do very well there. There was no communication with the parents. Homework never got sent home graded. For midsemester conferences you were brought in and handed a folder with every assignment they had ever done and then they would tell you you need to work with your student on certain subjects after half the semester was over. I would not recommend the school at all.

My two kids (2nd grade and KG) attended Mesquite Elementary School (MES), Yuma, AZ in 2012. Based on my comparison with other school, MES is one of the best in town. The best thing I saw are the following; great and very active principal (down to earth type for kids and parents), my kids teachers were so great and demanding for kids (that is what I like most), school has excellent AR reading program encouraging kids to read more books and kids received several types of reading award if they do well. They have also acceptable math emphasis but not enough especially for kids who are motivated. Generally, MES is good place to send your kids in Yuma, AZ.

An academically excelling school replete with enthusiasic and experienced staff! Incredible school standards for behavior and performance. Am thrilled that my daughter is able to attend here!

I have a 4th, 2nd, & 1st grader @ Mesquite & we love our school and staff we are very grateful for the principal that we have she is an exceptional human being and is always there to help us in anything we need she is very approachable and my children know that she is there to help them when ever they need it. Thank you Mesquite keep up the great job!

Mesquite is a great school with awesome staff. We brought our children to this school from California hoping the adjustment wouldnt be too rough. We picked this school based on the great school ratings and the area where the school was located. After two years at this school I'm just not sure why this school isnt a 9 or 10. Thanks Mesquite staff

My 3rd grader and 1st grader attended Mesquite, and they both enjoyed their teachers. It is a good school. The only thing that is deceiving about the teacher to student ratio when I was reviewing schools for our military move to Yuma. My daughter's 3rd grade class had 34 students in her class which is a lot!! Her teacher however was excellent and handled them all very well. My 1st grade daughter had approximately 28-30. She also had a great teacher. Unlike our NC schools though, they do not have teacher assistants to help them. All school systems are feeling the pinch of the economy, and the Mesquite teachers as many other teachers do a great job!

The past two years at Mesquite have been a wonderful experience for my children as well as our family. Many opportunities to be involved and excellent communication with principal and teachers is high on my list of expectations. The PTA and staff have fulfilled these requirements!

Last modified Mesquite Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.