Amerischools Academy North

Charter | K-8

Posted May 2, 2014

I love this school. This school has a great community and a great curriculum. The standard of learning is much higher than other public schools.

Posted April 30, 2014

My school is excellent. The teachers put in the extra effort needed to achieve all the standards required in todays schools.

Posted April 30, 2014

I'm so glad my son attends this school! I love that all staff members, (principal included) seem to know all of the students by name! If you're on the waiting list....it's definitely worth the wait!!!

Posted April 30, 2014

Amerischools Academy North is a wonderful setting for optimal learning. My son is a student in Mr. Martin's class, and has learned more there than in the previous three years in public school combined. Many opportunities are given for high-performing students to challenge themselves and excel. There is a great family atmosphere, where students and parents feel welcome and safe. Great School!

Posted April 29, 2014

Amerischool is awesome I love the fact they give each student attention and help them develop to succeed. My daughter teacher Mr. Martin is great and is teaching my child a lot and is very good on helping kids to succeed. I would recommend this school to all my friends and family.

Posted April 29, 2014

I love Amerischool !! I love the fact that my son was able to get in it even though his birthday is in September. His kindergarten teacher Mrs.Torrez was amazing ! A very caring teacher ! Could not have asked for a better kindergarten teacher for my son. His first grade teacher is awesome as well! The staff is great! They're always willing to answer any questions and always in a good mood! I could not be happier with this school. I love the fact that they know the students and family by name. The tutoring services they offer have really helped my 6 year old. He loves it! Great school

Posted April 29, 2014

My School is SO GREAT! I love the Staff, Teachers, and SAFETY of OUR school!

Posted April 29, 2014

I LOVE Amerischools in Yuma! My kids have been attending for the past 6 years and the sense of community that we have there is awesome!

Posted April 29, 2014

I thoroughly enjoy this school because the teachers invest themselves in each student. I have two children there and they both love going to school. The staff is very professional but personable as well.

Posted April 29, 2014

This is the 1st year we've had a child in grade school, but have been more than happy. The teachers have all been extremely supportive and my daughter loves it there. She says the principal is strict, but I find that a good thing! My second child starts kindergarten this next year and is very excited. The class sizes are much easier for the teachers to give more one on one. I do wish there was a little more parent support at the school. Seems it's always the same parents at all the events. All in all we have been very happy with Amerischool Academy North!

Posted April 29, 2014

Going on our 5th yr with Amerischools and love this place. One of best decisions I have made for my kids. Teachers are so great staying in contact with the parents on their child's school work.

Posted April 29, 2014

Amerischools is great. I have been so impressed with the principal and staff. You can tell they really care about the kids! I've also been very impressed with the anti-bully enforcement they have there. The school is also very secure, compared to all the other schools in the area. My son loves being in clubs after school, too! I have been so happy to see my son always come home from school with a smile on his face. He has been so happy there and I'm so glad we moved him to Amerischools! (And he is too!)

Posted April 29, 2014

This school offers a great education in a private school setting/atmosphere. Class sizes are not too overcrowded and each child recieves the attention he or she needs. I am most impressed by how all the staff know the majority of the kids in the school, giving parents peace of mind that they're chilren are safe and well looked after. One of my children has attended since Kinder and is now in his last year there. I only wish the school offered middle school courses so that I could keep him there.

Posted April 29, 2014

My daughter is about to complete Kindergarten with Amerischools. She has truly loved her teacher, an amazing educator who really connected with my daughter and who taught her so much. We also met with the principal, and he really seems on top of things at the school. He listened when we wanted to discuss something, and he made a difference for us.

Posted April 29, 2014

This is a great school for learning. I realy like the small class room sizes because it gives students and teachers a great one on one learning experiance. This is my daughters first year there and she absoultly loves going. Best part is I enjoy watching my daughter's educational growth. I also like the after school activites. My daughter is in the zumba after school and she enjoys coming home and showing me her moves. I recomend this school to everyone.

Posted April 28, 2014

Great school with a great leadership. I will recommend this school to any parent. Teachers are very caring and understanding.

Posted March 13, 2014

Both of my children go to AmeriSchools Academy North. They are both excelling students due mostly to the wonderful teachers they have had. The teachers hold the students to high academic standards. My kids love going to school and don't want to leave. The staff works very hard and are available to the parents whenever needed. The attention to detail and the fact that many of the staff members know all of the students and even who their parents are is comforting. The principal, Mr. Wachunas, even noticed my son lost a tooth the other day! They are very compassionate and caring to needs outside of the school. There is a family feeling whenever you walk in the door.

Posted February 20, 2014

I absolutely recommend and love Amerischools North Campus. The staff is amazing and always helpful. Mr. Wachunas is an extremely good principal and cares about all the children in the school, Miss Amy is the most helpful aid and I highly recommend Mrs. Torres as a teacher. The patience and care the staff has for the kids is why I care about this school.

Posted October 8, 2013

Great school!! Mr. Wachunas is a very caring and understanding principal. We are very lucky to have this school here in Yuma. My only suggestion will be to add at least 7th and 8th grades.

Posted September 27, 2013

My granddaughter goes to Amerischools Academy North and she is doing so well. I really like the school

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

26 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

26 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

29 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

29 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

The Arizona Department of Education did not report AZ LEARNS results for this school.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 47%N/A47%
Female 51%N/A49%
Male 49%N/A51%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

Yuma, AZ 85364