Alpena High School

Public | 7-12

Posted October 3, 2009

they care about there students

Posted August 2, 2009

I will be starting my eighth year going to school in Alpena this fall. I've been to many schools across the country, and this is the best one I've been to! The teachers all try to work with each student personally, and they really care. I'm proud to say that I will be graduating from this school!

Posted August 4, 2008

I have been to other school and none compair to the quality of education provided. they are very succeesful in all acadimic areas and academic compatitions unlike most schools who focus so hard on sports...however they have had great sports succees also.

Posted May 30, 2008

I have only been at Alpena for four years now and i'm in the ninth grade now and i have load of fun. This school has it's ups and downs, but don't they all. Overall I think that alpena is one of the best schools around here. I would really hate to leave. THe teachers here really do care and do want to help you get through school. I really have nothing bad to say about Alpena.

Posted May 30, 2008

I think this school is the best. I've been going here since I was three years old. All the teachers are great, the help you when you need help. And they usually have a smile on their faces. All the teachers have been great and I hope that it will always be that way.

Posted October 2, 2007

I now Currently Live in Seattle,Washington the Schools here are not Nearly as Good, The Teachers at Alpena Genuinly Care about the Students. The 2 Things that Set Alpena Apart from most Other Schools is they (last time I was there had 7 People go to the Internatial Science Fair within 10 years and the teachers, to just name a few, Mr.Good, Mr.Welch, Ms.Hunt.

Posted September 22, 2007

I have been going to Alpena since head start and I am graduating this year. Alpena is a good school. The teachers are mainly what make the school so fun. The teachers help you and really try to connect with you. The push you to excel. Overall, Alpena is a good school.

Posted February 15, 2007

This school is the best school I have ever been to in my life! The teachers are always there when you need them and really try to connect to the kids, but they discipline when needed. Everyone treats each other like equals, I mean yeah there are little fights between friends but they happen everywhere, but the teachers know how to take care of it. When a child has problems with homework or doesn't understand the teachers are more than happy to help until they do understand.Our school even offers toutering in some subjects. It might be a small school but dont underestimate us because this school is better than three big schools put together!

Posted October 18, 2006

I have been going to Alpena School for 14 years now and I have never had a problem with the school, the teachers, or anyone else. Yeah the teachers have their bad days but who doesn't come on. Anyways Alpena teachers care about their students more then they care about anyone. I'm a senior this year and anytime I need someone to talk to they are always there. The teachers kinda feel like my family. And when you have been here ever since head start you begin to know everything about everyone and there family and so on. Whenever people start finding out things you better hope that it is good. This school is a very equal school and we treat everyone the same. Whenever you get to your senior year where I am you don't want to leave this place.

Posted June 3, 2006

Hello, I have gone to Alpena my whole live and finally I am a SR. It is a wonderful school to go to mostly because of the teachers. Some times they do seem like all they want to do is homework but all they truly want is for you to be prepared for real live and hopefully college. I would also like to say that all of Alpena s clubs are very well organized thanks to the advisors. Now there is just a one things that contradict this being a great school it is not major but to a lot of people it might be. The first would be the schools lunch most people complain about it that go to are school but this is one drawback of going to a small school it does not have enough money to supply itself with a lot of choices for lunch.

Posted April 3, 2006

I graduated from Alpena Schools and my son begins Kindergarten at Alpena this fall. It is a small school and is growing to become one of the most effective schools in Northwest Arkansas. I have been very impressed with the staff and with the fruits of their labor. They have pushed to give their students the best in academic, athletic, artistic and technological development. I believe Alpena Public School System to be the best in our area; if I did not, I would not be sending my son. Well done Alpena, keep up the good work.

Posted August 23, 2005

The quality is questionable. I rented a house to a daughter of one of the teachers. He has turned out to be very lacking in character. Lied to me about the location of his daughter After 3 calls he called boone co. and i was informed to not even approach the school. I am drafting a letter to inform them of his conduct

Posted May 14, 2005

I have been going to Alpena since I was in 6th grade (now in 9th) I will admit that this is not the best school in boone county....some of the teachers are just thier to get paid and not to teach the students what they need to know....and I think that every teacher in high school should have the attitude that Mr.Kaeser has...he is the best teacher I have ever had teach me in my whole life......in conclusin Alpena is OK.

Posted February 9, 2005

Ihave gone to alpena snice kindergaten and in eight grade now the scince department is excellent Mr.good and Mr.welch our science teachers have caused us to excell in scince fair contest for nine years now all of us love them dearly and the sports are wonderful golf baketball, volley ball and track and band cause student involvement and the east lab is wonderfull we are a small school but we like it like that.

Posted October 26, 2004

I fjound this site by accident, but it gives me a chance to say how great a school alpena is! I have gone here since 5th grade (I am now in the ninth) and I love it! The sports programs, the academic programs...all are exceptional. This is were my kids are going!

Posted January 15, 2004

I graduated Alpena in 1998 and thanks to superb teaching, I was able to graduate college with a 3.9 GPA. Though it's small school, Alpena definitely prepared me for college.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 77% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 41% in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the Benchmark Exam to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in literacy and grades 3 through 8 in math. The Benchmark Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 77% in 2013.

41 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

41 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 70% in 2013.

31 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 77% in 2013.

31 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the End of Course Exam to test high school students in Algebra I, Geometry and Biology. The results for End of Course Exams administered in the spring of each school year are displayed on GreatSchools profiles. The End of Course Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Biology

The state average for Biology was 44% in 2013.

32 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 72% in 2013.

21 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 50%N/A61%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

300 Denver St Bldg A