Pine Haven Elementary School

Public | PK-6

Posted May 28, 2013

Pine Haven Elementary School ...partental grandparent... ensure that Jay gets what she needs and allow me to be aware of school events so i can patcipate for her

Posted March 12, 2013

I do not recommend this school for children that are transferring. The teachers has their favorites and loves to judge your child quickly. It is a tight nit school. They are very judgemental towards you and the principles do not know how to do their jobs. Not a good school at all! The parents are the ones that end up running things. They are doing a great job. I recommend you knowing and reading the school policies very well that way you can call the teachers out on their decisions.

Posted January 17, 2011

My son is attending his 3rd year at Pine Haven and is in the 2nd grade. Overall we have been very pleased with this school. The amount of teacher/parent involvement in my eyes, varies by the teacher, but again, we've been very happy so far. The school makes a big effort to involve parents with PTA and their Watch Dogs program that involves Dad's only, they also have grandparents day every year and classroom parties for holidays, fields trips and fund raisers that parents are welcome to be a part of. The school has made great strides for it's growing enrollment, adding new classes and teachers every year and building a Middle School, where they moved the 5th and 6th grades over to the new building this 10-11 school year. So now Pine Haven Elementary is only Pre-K through 4. I rate the school as excellent, due to the quality of education my son is getting and the friendliness of the staff. It is nice to send him to a school that is safe, pleasant and gives the feel and environment of a small country school. I would definitely recommend Pine Haven to anyone looking to buy in the Benton/Bryant/Bauxite area.

Posted September 16, 2009

I am so glad that my current children are receiving an education from a good school. It is small enough for one and one, but big enough for anything they need.

Posted April 29, 2009

I have children in both Pine Haven and Bauxite High schools. The schools are growing each year and the School Board/Super/Principals/Teachers/Faculty do not hesitate to pull their resources together to accomidate the demand for the more space for the growth. The leadership and commitment in these ladies and gentlemen makes me proud to say that my children are apart of this school! My only wish would be to impliment an economics based curriculum such as what Baker Elementary has.

Posted April 7, 2008

I believe Bauxite High and Pine haven are both great schools compared to the school that they are surrounded by! My children both go here and they do just fine! Bauxite is growning bigger each year! We have been here since 03'...This is the biggest year ever! I'm a proud parent of my miners thank you!

Posted November 3, 2005

My ex-husband's family all went to Bauxite. I was told what a great school district it was. I found that my son did not do well at all in this district and when I tried to get him help was told that he did not qualify because there were others who were more advanced than he who needed help first. My son is now going to Caldwell Elementary and is doing 100% percent better than he did at Pine Haven.

Posted February 2, 2005

My family has went to this school for over 40 years and we love it. I currently have a child in the 1st grade, a nephew in the 2nd, and niece in the 4th and love it. They are all do so well, and when there is a problem we are always aware immediately. I have never been more ok with a school. I went to a very large school and I would not ever want to put my children in that. You do not get the one on one, you get lost in the shuffle, it is a lot harder to keep up. Pine Haven is a great choice of schools for the area. I would recommend it all the way! MGL

Posted December 15, 2004

I wish we would have never moved to this school district. The teachers can not let a parent know why their child is having trouble with a lesson plan and the principal and superintident are to busy taking up for the teachers than finding a solution.They will however, give the parents grief and stress.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 79% in 2013.

117 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 86% in 2013.

117 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the Benchmark Exam to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in literacy and grades 3 through 8 in math. The Benchmark Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 85% in 2013.

119 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 82% in 2013.

119 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 84% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 61% in 2013.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 73% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 77% in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the End of Course Exam to test high school students in Algebra I, Geometry and Biology. The results for End of Course Exams administered in the spring of each school year are displayed on GreatSchools profiles. The End of Course Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 44%N/A61%

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

500 Pine Haven Rd