Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The principal is new and is completely uninvolved. Teachers expect parents to teach their children at home instead of going over the material thoroughly in class. Teacher to parent communication is horrible. The school does not teach spelling. That's a vital building block towards a successful future. They should teach a traditional state curriculum.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Over an hour of homework every night plus "parent homework." No time for the family to spend. The homework causes a lot of frustration for both parent and child, as we are tired from our long days. I've had to google just to teach my child correctly. The amount of homework is insane. After 7 hours of school children need a break. Home time should be family time. That too is very important for student success!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers I've been directly exposed to seem to have their own best interest at heart. There's no passion. The students future isn't considered. They also expect parents to do their jobs for them. They do not communicate at all.

We loved Cooper! It's a "work hard, play hard" school! They have lots fun but lots of hard work too! Love it! Mr Young is a great principal and there are some really great teachers!

We LOVE Cooper Elementary. My son is currently in his second year at Cooper and we have had such a positive experience. The teachers are caring, the staff positive and professional and the facility itself is fantastic. Starting with the 2010 school year there is a new principal. He was transferred from another school in the district where he was very popular with students and parents. I have yet to determine his impact on the school, but the school certainly hasn't lost any ground with Mr. Young at the helm. If anything, I would say the teachers seem even more positive. My only complaint is the cafeteria food, which is run by Aramark and is the same district wide. The majority of the food falls firmly into the junk food genre and menu seems to follow a two week rotation. But, this is a district issue, not a school issue.

My daughter attended half of her Kindergarten year at Cooper (before we relocated out of state). We dearly MISS this school! Both the Principal and Assistant Principal are GREAT! The teachers are fabulous, the structure is outstanding. I can not say enough good things about Cooper. We really miss the Friday morning round ups, what a great place to share accomplishments and see each grade level doing weekly presentations thoughout the year! Wish we could move back so my kids could be in such a caring, positive school!

Last modified Cooper Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.