Bentonville, AR

Posted April 08, 2014
Excellent school and wonderful principal. I would recommend this school to anyone. My only regret is that parents are not as involved as they could be with the PTO.

Mary Mae Jones Elementary School 3

Posted March 01, 2013
Recently moved from Vandergriff school district to MMJ. We have a Kindergartner. She is already bored as she has already learned the things being taught now. She does like the children in her class, and she says her teacher can be mean. We are not sure what to rate just yet, but wanted another opinion out there.

Posted August 25, 2012
3 out of 4 of my children have attended this school thus far. Every teacher they have had has been amazing. I love that they have the Breakfast in the classroom this year and it has also become the first Leader in Me school in Bentonville.

Posted December 14, 2011
Mary Mae Jones is a fabulous school! We have a middle school child that started there in kindergarten and was there until he moved onto middle school. He was extremely prepared for middle school because of the amazing teachers, staff, and administration at Mary Mae. We have a kindergartner there now. She is reading, writing, and loves school. Our kindergartner has grown leaps and bounds and we owe that to the staff at MMJ. We are very pleased with our childrens' experience and we appreciate everything this school has done for our children. As parents, we can't say thank you enough for meeting our children's needs and helping them excel academically! We can't wait to see what they do with our third child.

Mary Mae Jones Elementary School 2

Posted March 02, 2011
We moved here from NC. I have a 1st and 2nd grader and we wanted a great school like we had before we moved. We were forced into MMJ school as our local school, and the two overflow schools were full for getting a 1st and 2nd grade place. I was in tears after reading other reviews and the 6 stars great schools give it. I was hoping my fears would be unfounded. They weren't. Fortunately after a month my daughter got a place at Elm Tree. What a difference!! At MMJ I still have a problem with the lack of help during the transition period, they gave me the standard handbook and that was all the help I was offered. My daughters 1st grade work is similar to my son's 2nd grade work!!! My son is bored, not challenged, although he does like the teacher. I think the standard at this school is definitely lower than at other local schools and the 6 stars is warranted but I don't agree with the 5 stars other parents are giving, although they were written at least 3 years ago. The teacher is nice but that's the only positive I can give. If you have a choice, I would avoid this school if you can.

Posted May 20, 2009
My daugther was struggling and at the prior school were telling of how she needed to be hold back. She felt so down until She started at Mary Mae Jones and she can read and her confident is back because all the staff that work with her and The same story happen with my son too. But I left behind this terrible experience and I gratefult for everyone at Mary Mae Jones

Posted April 02, 2008
MMJE is a warm, inviting learning atmosphere. It is obvious the minute you walk through the front doors. The staff at MMJE exceeds all expections all the way from the kitchen staff to the principal. The standard of education is the best you can find in the four state area.

Posted December 09, 2007
What a great school! We are new to the state and we are so impressed with this school and district. The teachers are great, they communicate well with the parents nad students and the adminstration is also very supportive. My kids love this school!

Mary Mae Jones Elementary School 4

Posted April 24, 2007

Mary Mae Jones Elementary School
500 SE 14th St, Bentonville, AR  72712
Last modified Mary Mae Jones Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mary Mae Jones Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top