Bentonville, AR

Central Park At Morning Star 2

Posted December 22, 2014
I am so disappointed in this school and felt like we were sold a bill of goods by walmart to get here. Our 2nd grader is alliwed to watch you tube videos during free time on her class ipad ( we just found out) and i know for a fact last spring a first grader walked out and they didnt even know she was missing till her mother made them aware 3 hrs later. Might have been blue ribbon before but now. No way. I moved here for these schools and i know now i will move away as soon as possible BECAUSE of these schools. Sadly there arent many other private options available to us except classic sl academies that use the questionable ResponsiveEd curriculum so we're stuck. My kids love it because its fun but i say as a parent avoid it all costs.

Posted June 23, 2014
This school is the best school for our children. It is a Blue Ribbon School which means they have excelled in all areas to win this prestigious title. Only a couple elementary schools receive this national honor. The teachers we had are very caring and so IS the office staff:)) This school offers many activities like a private school such a ballet, (with a full recital in costumes held at the Arrends Art Center.) select choir held after school, musical productions, art gallery auctions, carnivals and much more. Every grade has planned fun field trips around the area. The school facility itself is only a couple years old, new, and clean, including carpeted classrooms and carpeted full gymnasium for PE. The PTO is strong and parent volunteers make this a great school. So happy we moved here and go to this wonderful school! I just want to help other parents who might be relocating like we did, to know about this great school!

Posted October 07, 2013
Central Park Elementary is a 2013 Blue Ribbon School! Absolutely fantastic environment that encourages learning at all levels. It is one of the top elementary schools in the district in terms of test scores and parental involvement is incredible. Highly recommend!

Central Park At Morning Star 2

Posted February 05, 2013
We have recently transferred to this school due to rezoning and have been very pleased. We loved our home school and were reluctant to change but have been warmly welcomed by our child's teacher and the administration. They have made every effort to get all students engaged and involved as if they have always been there. The only exception has been the office staff. The tone they set for visitors is cold and stand-offish. There are a number of parents who will not participate in PTO or volunteer in their children's classrooms because the do not want to have to deal with the hostility of the office staff. They are often complaining loudly about other parents or teachers and rarely acknowledge parents when they enter. When they do, parents often feel as if they are interrupting something or have done something wrong. It's a shame because Central Park has been a wonderful experience otherwise. Hopefully, administration will take notice and correct this issue so that people's first impression of CPE is as wonderful as it should be!

Posted November 06, 2012
Perhaps there should be less eavesdropping and more direct conversation if there are legitimate concerns. Hiding behind an anonymous post defaming someone's character is libel. I happen to work in the building and know first hand what a positive influence she has had in so many ways. If someone is listening around the corner, chances are that they are not hearing all of the information and really have no right to make posts that could be taken as fact and used against her. She has undoubtedly walked into a very difficult situation last year and handled it with grace and dignity. She is very easy to talk to and I'm sure she would be more than happy to address or rectify concerns. Sites like this are dangerous because they are based on hearsay, not fact. It's a shame that people spend their energy this way rather than on finding ways to be truly helpful.

Central Park At Morning Star 1

Posted November 01, 2012
Disappointed! Recently moved to NWA and feel that this site gave false information. I have a special needs child and this school district seems ill prepared to support these students. Most parents I've met thus far with special needs children have pulled their children out of the public school system to home school. They do not use their funding to place aides in the classrooms to allow for the least restrictive environment, instead pull you child out to further separate from peers and teach WAY below capabilities of student. Training and education of school staff is a serious problem! If your employer is trying to lure you here, insist on a private school allowance if your child has any sort of special needs! My child is high functioning, but we are loosing ground each day. We had seen an article by the superintendent expressing how they are focused on special needs, in hind sight he was admitting they need to, not that they are currently prepared for it. I would not have relocated had I known!

Posted October 31, 2012
One word for this school "WOW": Great Leadership Great Staff Great District My child is so blessed to have such a committed group at this school. It starts with leadership and the admin team provides a caring enviroment that my child is in love with! Thank you to the Principal and Vice Principal, I have personally noticed the "extra" after hour times your cars are at the school!! That extra touch has paid and continues to produce great returns for the children and my child for sure!!!

Posted August 17, 2010
This is a great school! Wonderful teachers. Lots of parental involvement. Well-educated, high-achieving families. The facility is excellent except for 8 portable classrooms which house the entire first grade. If you are moving into the district don't count on getting in. The school is at capacity with a waiting list. However, a new K-6 building is planned for 2013 or 2014 adjacent to this campus. A 7-8 building is planned following the completion of K-6. The hope is to get a millage passed for a high school in the next several years. Conceivably, all of your children no matter what their ages would be on the same campus.

Posted April 03, 2009

Central Park At Morning Star 3

Posted February 13, 2009
We have been at Central Park for 3 yrs now. And the school is very nice and I thought it was a great school til my son started having trouble with some of the school work. He has been sent into other class rooms and into the office to finish work that he has not completed while the rest of his class continued on with the rest of their day and was not allowed back into his classroom until it was completed. I have continuously asked for extra help from a Resource teacher. Which they tell you they have nothing like that. Some teachers are good. It is a ritzy school. Lots of high class princesses. It is a family oriented school lots of parent participation.

Central Park At Morning Star
1400 SW Liberty Ave, Bentonville, AR  72712
Last modified Central Park At Morning Star is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Park At Morning Star Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top