K-4 & Ungraded
Bentonville, AR

Posted February 28, 2015
We are a very well rounded staff that focuses on one thing: students and their needs. We understand that it takes more than academics for students to thrive. Our school offers authentic experiences, through KAMPAS, field trips, special guests, projects, Genius hour, etc. we collaborate across grade levels and even with Middle School students in order to create optimal learning and mentoring. Baker is supported by community, amazing parents, and innovative administrators. Baker Bobcats ROCK! I am so pleased to be apart of the team!

Posted February 26, 2015
We joined the RE Baker team in November. My daughter was not having good experiences at her other school and struggled getting her motivated. Since we have been here, she LOVES coming to school, LOVES ALL of the faculty and staff. RE Baker is highly motivated to provide a rigorous level of educational experiences in a highly supportive and positive environment.

Posted February 26, 2015
I love working at R.E. Baker! Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) are of the upmost importance to the staff and administration. This translates into a great learning experience for the students. Also, the staff and administration are always looking for ways to better serve the students. The collaboration does not stop there. The administration, staff, and parents work together constantly to make sure Baker is the best school it can be. Needless to say, I think R.E. Baker is an amazing school!

Posted February 04, 2015
I love all of the programs that our school offers that are unique to RE Baker: Baker Gives Back, KAMPAS and the many partnerships with downtown! It's a great place to teach! :)

Posted December 09, 2014
My children love this school our only complaint is the lack of male role models for the boys. All the teachers are women and the school counselor is a woman. Th girls seem to thrive at this school but there are a lot of boys struggling and I do believe it is because they don't have a positive male influence.
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 01, 2013
My kids have been at this school and we are happy with it. We came from a school that's motto was "Work hard, play hard" and was a lot of fun. It is a more serious school with very serious Principal and Assistant Principal. All the teachers we have had are great! It is a good school overall.

Posted August 20, 2012
RE Baker prepares students for the next step (middle school) and provides many unique experiences in the Bentonville Community and beyond. So many of the teachers have been teaching at RE Baker for years. This says a lot about the school and about the teachers. Teachers go above and beyond to organize amazing teaching experiences and are accessible to parents, actually welcoming them into the learning community and classroom! The administration is responsive to parental concerns and pulls the school team together to solve problems. We are thrilled to be part of the RE Baker community.

Posted August 16, 2012
Baker is a great school. I'm disappointed to see some of these comments regarding the administration. My child was not there under the previous principal, but I understood him to be popular with students and parents. But popularity with the PTO moms is not what is important to my family.Because of its location in central Bentonville and not near the country clubs of Rogers, REB serves a large population of low income students. More than Elm Tree or Central Park (the only elementary schools with a higher rating.) Baker is accountable for these students performance compared to other students (other schools don't have this requirement.) Dr. Kelly was brought in because the school was on "alert" with the state DOE for the performance of these students compared to the rest of the REB students. She and her staff have worked hard to turn this around. My family applauds Dr. Kelly's leadership. I see her in front of the school every morning helping students out of vehicles and welcoming to their school, engaging with students. It's sad that women are critical of Dr. Kelly because she is attractive and accomplished. I'll take achievement and results over popularity with the moms any day.

Posted July 01, 2012
We love, love, love our school RE Baker! The teachers are amazing! However, the administration is cold and unsupportive unless you are extremely wealthy. My child was having issues in reading but the principal refused to help because she was trying to get the scores up of the ESL and free & reduced lunch students because those scores made her look better. While I definitely support all children getting the help needed, I felt like my child was marginalized because her success did not help the principal get promoted. My daughter still doesn't know the principal's name after 2 years. That says it all! I would still recommend it because of the great teachers!

Posted April 14, 2012
I was so scared about my oldest staring kindergarten. I have four boys, three of which will all be in this school at the same time. So he was basically testing the waters, so to speak. We are about finished with our first year and so far so good. My next oldest will be starting kindergarten on August first and my oldest in first grade!! This school is amazingly involved with the community. They are not only teaching our children GREAT values they are displaying them as well. I h e always had all of my questions answered and my son is so very happy!! They take the kids to see plays suited to their age and encourage the parents to be involved as much as their hearts desire!! I am one to ask questions concerning anything that I may be concerned about, these are the only children I have and they will only be young once. Education is important to me; a proper and moral, Christian environment where mine and your children are put first is a great feeling. BELIEVE ME, if something goes wrong, we will change schools and you will be the first to know!! :) As of now, I highly reccomend RE Baker Elementary!!

R.E. Baker Elementary School
301 NW Third St, Bentonville, AR  72712
Last modified R.E. Baker Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
R.E. Baker Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 96 reviews. Top