K-4 & Ungraded
Bentonville, AR

Posted June 18, 2015
From the beginning RE Baker has been a wonderful introduction to school for my child. But more than that, in the many many days I volunteered with various classes I noticed that my Kindergartener wasn't the only one having a great time at school. I was honored to get know Mrs. Sutton the principal, and with grace and patience she answers the call of her school, it's teachers, students, community, and parents. She always looks for ways to make communication more fluid between parents and the staff, to offer new and innovative ways to teach students, to celebrate the accomplishments of her student body, and to keep parents informed and making herself approachable. She listens, and acts. While she's is a newer principal to RE Baker, she has gained to admiration of her staff of teachers, through her respect of them. The teachers of RE Baker (or the 20 or so that I had the pleasure of meeting) are passionate and serious about their role in a child's educational life. I witnessed a lot of fun exciting classes. Whether they're in the Garden Laboratory, or performing science experiments, or creating outstanding art work for displays, the kids are RE Baker are engaged. It is a fun and respectful atmosphere. I know there's a rotten apple in every bunch...but I never saw one incident of a child out of line or showing intense disrespect, or a teacher. This is a safe, academic, fun and supportive environment. And the PTO is out of this world. The parents at RE Baker are wonderful supportive group of dedicated people. RE Baker is blessed with it's parent body, and our kids are blessed to have RE Baker.

Posted February 28, 2015
We are a very well rounded staff that focuses on one thing: students and their needs. We understand that it takes more than academics for students to thrive. Our school offers authentic experiences, through KAMPAS, field trips, special guests, projects, Genius hour, etc. we collaborate across grade levels and even with Middle School students in order to create optimal learning and mentoring. Baker is supported by community, amazing parents, and innovative administrators. Baker Bobcats ROCK! I am so pleased to be apart of the team!

Posted February 26, 2015
We joined the RE Baker team in November. My daughter was not having good experiences at her other school and struggled getting her motivated. Since we have been here, she LOVES coming to school, LOVES ALL of the faculty and staff. RE Baker is highly motivated to provide a rigorous level of educational experiences in a highly supportive and positive environment.

Posted February 26, 2015
I love working at R.E. Baker! Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) are of the upmost importance to the staff and administration. This translates into a great learning experience for the students. Also, the staff and administration are always looking for ways to better serve the students. The collaboration does not stop there. The administration, staff, and parents work together constantly to make sure Baker is the best school it can be. Needless to say, I think R.E. Baker is an amazing school!

Posted February 04, 2015
I love all of the programs that our school offers that are unique to RE Baker: Baker Gives Back, KAMPAS and the many partnerships with downtown! It's a great place to teach! :)

R.E. Baker Elementary School 4

Posted December 09, 2014
My children love this school our only complaint is the lack of male role models for the boys. All the teachers are women and the school counselor is a woman. Th girls seem to thrive at this school but there are a lot of boys struggling and I do believe it is because they don't have a positive male influence.
2 people found this helpful

R.E. Baker Elementary School 4

Posted June 01, 2013
My kids have been at this school and we are happy with it. We came from a school that's motto was "Work hard, play hard" and was a lot of fun. It is a more serious school with very serious Principal and Assistant Principal. All the teachers we have had are great! It is a good school overall.

Posted August 20, 2012
RE Baker prepares students for the next step (middle school) and provides many unique experiences in the Bentonville Community and beyond. So many of the teachers have been teaching at RE Baker for years. This says a lot about the school and about the teachers. Teachers go above and beyond to organize amazing teaching experiences and are accessible to parents, actually welcoming them into the learning community and classroom! The administration is responsive to parental concerns and pulls the school team together to solve problems. We are thrilled to be part of the RE Baker community.

Posted August 16, 2012
Baker is a great school. I'm disappointed to see some of these comments regarding the administration. My child was not there under the previous principal, but I understood him to be popular with students and parents. But popularity with the PTO moms is not what is important to my family.Because of its location in central Bentonville and not near the country clubs of Rogers, REB serves a large population of low income students. More than Elm Tree or Central Park (the only elementary schools with a higher rating.) Baker is accountable for these students performance compared to other students (other schools don't have this requirement.) Dr. Kelly was brought in because the school was on "alert" with the state DOE for the performance of these students compared to the rest of the REB students. She and her staff have worked hard to turn this around. My family applauds Dr. Kelly's leadership. I see her in front of the school every morning helping students out of vehicles and welcoming to their school, engaging with students. It's sad that women are critical of Dr. Kelly because she is attractive and accomplished. I'll take achievement and results over popularity with the moms any day.

Posted July 01, 2012
We love, love, love our school RE Baker! The teachers are amazing! However, the administration is cold and unsupportive unless you are extremely wealthy. My child was having issues in reading but the principal refused to help because she was trying to get the scores up of the ESL and free & reduced lunch students because those scores made her look better. While I definitely support all children getting the help needed, I felt like my child was marginalized because her success did not help the principal get promoted. My daughter still doesn't know the principal's name after 2 years. That says it all! I would still recommend it because of the great teachers!

R.E. Baker Elementary School
301 NW Third St, Bentonville, AR  72712
Last modified R.E. Baker Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
R.E. Baker Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 98 reviews. Top