Bad
Good

The am/pm drop off and pick up design is in need of improvement! It's truly a process just to retrieve your child. You aren't allowed to walk into the school to pick up your child. The staff at the front desk are truly militant regarding the rules. This school is always asking parents for money. Whether it be through constant fundraisers or contributing almost monthly to your child's Teacher, (gift baskets, birthday, holidays ,teacher appreciation day). This school also has the nerve to offer a "Front of the Line" car spot to the parent that forks out $500 or $1,000 to the school! This school will nickel and dime you I promise!

I feel conflicted writing this as we have had nothing but great things to say about the teachers here. However the lack of professionalism and personality of the school nurse has us rethinking our school choices. She is completely rude. Threatens to have our children removed on every conversation we have with her and refuses to have a discussion as her point of view is the only one that matters. I have never seen such a lack of professionalism from any individual in the school system in my life. I know it sounds weird to say a nurse is making this impact on us, but I hope that paints a picture of how bad she is! Teachers A+. Nurse F

Elm Tree is an excellent school. There is a waiting list for enrollment. If your kid is enrolled in Elm Tree you will see why. The school creates a safe environment where kids can learn. Elm Tree is consistently on the high end for test scores. The teachers are down to earth and easy to talk to.

This school is all over the news for how poorly it treats kids with autism. My son is not autistic but he knows those kids and says it makes him sad to see it. We moved here from the Northeast where he had autistic kids in his class; in this school they keep them all in a room. Our baby is getting tested soon for autism so I'm frightened!

Schools are only teaching english and Maths (That too not the whole of the book. Many pages will be untouched.). that too they just want the students to pass the state exam. apart from that the schools are not teaching anything.There are text books given by the govt. Science and Social Studies are left untouched. Looks like the teaches don;t know these subjects.

We moved here from NC. I have a 1st and 2nd grader and we wanted a great school like we had before we moved. After a month at Mary Mae Jones my daughter got a place at ETE. I am sooooo thankful she made it in!! The caliber of teaching, the love and support both my daughter and I have received is night and day from MMJ. I received a few emails from her teacher letting me know how she was fitting in and asking if I had concerns or needs. The standard of work is much higher than at MMJ, my 1st grader's work is very similar to my 2nd graders who is unfortunately is still at MMJ. We can't wait for him to move to ETE so he doesn't fall behind the standard that is so apparent her at Elm Tree. See my review of MMJ.

An awesome school to put your student in all the teachers are hardworking my daughter has been going to this schoold for the last 2 yrs and she loves it. i love all the teachers and the principal she is an awesome lady. love all the kids nows all of the students in her schoold by name.

We couldn't be more thrilled with Elm Tree Elementary!! We come from Florida where the schools are all about testing, here it is about giving my child an excellent education in all areas! I love all of the staff, they are very nice and the principal seems to actually care about my child and what we have to say. I don't think my child could be getting a better education.

I must disagree with the last review that this is a cold and negative environment -- in fact, it is quite the opposite. The teachers and other staff go out of their way to learn the names of all of the students and address them by name when they see them. The teachers will work with parents, kids and each other to resolve any issues that might arise during the school year. The academic environment is super and they really challenge the children to learn and make it fun to do so. My child has been out of school for less than a week of summer break and he is already asking to go back! We love how much he's learned since he's been there and look forward to our next one starting in a couple of years! Elm Tree is great!

This school was a huge disappointment. We really wanted a nurturing environment for our child, Instead, our child received a very cold and negative environment! Our child's teacher was too strict and our child was deathly afraid of her. In the mornings, if you dare walk your child in the classroom, the teacher won't even look at you. In fact she will snob you! This is what my child had to endure! We tried speaking with the people in charge at this school. They were all very defensive and did not want to listen to any concerns we had. In the end, we felt so serious about these issues, we pulled our child out of the school. The parents there really try hard to make it work but the 'military like' environment was really too much for us. Be prepared to wait 35-45 min. everyday, for car pickup! Very unorganized p/u.

Last modified Elm Tree Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.