Bentonville, AR

Posted May 27, 2014
Elm Tree is an excellent school. There is a waiting list for enrollment. If your kid is enrolled in Elm Tree you will see why. The school creates a safe environment where kids can learn. Elm Tree is consistently on the high end for test scores. The teachers are down to earth and easy to talk to.

Posted April 16, 2014
This school is all over the news for how poorly it treats kids with autism. My son is not autistic but he knows those kids and says it makes him sad to see it. We moved here from the Northeast where he had autistic kids in his class; in this school they keep them all in a room. Our baby is getting tested soon for autism so I'm frightened!

Posted January 18, 2013
Schools are only teaching english and Maths (That too not the whole of the book. Many pages will be untouched.). that too they just want the students to pass the state exam. apart from that the schools are not teaching anything.There are text books given by the govt. Science and Social Studies are left untouched. Looks like the teaches don;t know these subjects.

Posted March 02, 2011
We moved here from NC. I have a 1st and 2nd grader and we wanted a great school like we had before we moved. After a month at Mary Mae Jones my daughter got a place at ETE. I am sooooo thankful she made it in!! The caliber of teaching, the love and support both my daughter and I have received is night and day from MMJ. I received a few emails from her teacher letting me know how she was fitting in and asking if I had concerns or needs. The standard of work is much higher than at MMJ, my 1st grader's work is very similar to my 2nd graders who is unfortunately is still at MMJ. We can't wait for him to move to ETE so he doesn't fall behind the standard that is so apparent her at Elm Tree. See my review of MMJ.

Posted December 07, 2010
An awesome school to put your student in all the teachers are hardworking my daughter has been going to this schoold for the last 2 yrs and she loves it. i love all the teachers and the principal she is an awesome lady. love all the kids nows all of the students in her schoold by name.

Posted May 26, 2010
We couldn't be more thrilled with Elm Tree Elementary!! We come from Florida where the schools are all about testing, here it is about giving my child an excellent education in all areas! I love all of the staff, they are very nice and the principal seems to actually care about my child and what we have to say. I don't think my child could be getting a better education.

Elm Tree Elementary School 0

Posted June 25, 2009
I must disagree with the last review that this is a cold and negative environment -- in fact, it is quite the opposite. The teachers and other staff go out of their way to learn the names of all of the students and address them by name when they see them. The teachers will work with parents, kids and each other to resolve any issues that might arise during the school year. The academic environment is super and they really challenge the children to learn and make it fun to do so. My child has been out of school for less than a week of summer break and he is already asking to go back! We love how much he's learned since he's been there and look forward to our next one starting in a couple of years! Elm Tree is great!

Posted March 05, 2009

Posted September 25, 2008
This school was a huge disappointment. We really wanted a nurturing environment for our child, Instead, our child received a very cold and negative environment! Our child's teacher was too strict and our child was deathly afraid of her. In the mornings, if you dare walk your child in the classroom, the teacher won't even look at you. In fact she will snob you! This is what my child had to endure! We tried speaking with the people in charge at this school. They were all very defensive and did not want to listen to any concerns we had. In the end, we felt so serious about these issues, we pulled our child out of the school. The parents there really try hard to make it work but the 'military like' environment was really too much for us. Be prepared to wait 35-45 min. everyday, for car pickup! Very unorganized p/u.

Posted March 09, 2008

Elm Tree Elementary School
101 Elm Tree Ln, Bentonville, AR  72712
Last modified Elm Tree Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elm Tree Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top