Bentonville, AR

Posted August 14, 2013
I couldn't be happier with our experiences at Barker! My child was re zoned to attend this school so we came in with very little knowledge or expectations - that soon changed and my child had an amazing 5th grade year! Their creative teaching methods and positive energy was contagious! My child never wanted to miss school and her learning was through the roof and her educational development was reflected in her standardized test scores. The activities are completely appropriate for this age group and made going to school such a positive experience. The staff really seems to be involved and seems to care - I received calls periodically or emails updating me on my child, the school and any needs. Barker is an amazing place for middle school students and their parents!

Posted February 10, 2012
Excellent teachers, curriculum & admin. We are so pleased with Barker. Communication between school and home has been wonderful. I know my 5th grader will be prepared for 6th.

Ruth Barker Middle School 3

Posted March 29, 2011
Don't feel that the school administration and teachers here listen to the parents. They have a very "it's my way or the highway" attitude and they give out pink slips with so much frequency and for such minor matters that they have lost their effectiveness. The teachers do not like to be challenged or questioned about their actions towards the kids and the administration always sides with the teachers, regardless of whether it is a concern from a child or parent. Do not expect any real support here. The quality of education is good, but the school just doesn't work well with the parents. 5th grade was fine, 6th grade has been difficult! Hoping for a better next year in Jr High.

Posted May 27, 2009
My daughter has attended for 2 years and we have found great support both personally and academically. She has excelled and there is no better band teacher in the district. The teachers have made their courses interesting and engaging. I highly recommend RHB to any parent.

Ruth Barker Middle School 3

Posted February 03, 2009
Bentonville has such a high standards for schools; however, I have been disappointed with admin concerning public relations with student's parents. I had a problem with the lack of structure in a subject matter, and I felt like the Principal didn't care about my concerns, as per her response was one sentence long.

Ruth Barker Middle School
500 SE 18th St, Bentonville, AR  72712
Last modified Ruth Barker Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ruth Barker Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top