Posted May 25, 2010
Anne Watson Elementary has received the top rating of 5 School of Excellence for Improvement on the recently released 2009 school performance report card developed by the Arkansas Department of Education. Statewide, only 8 percent of schools (67 of 859) received this honor. The outstanding rating is based on the school s recently im- AWE receives top rating: 5 proved test scores. Three years ago Anne Watson Elementary was in Year 3 of School Improvement status. Today our school is not only free and clear of any type of school improvement status, we are considered achieving a School of Excellence for Improvement by the state department. Our students and staff are to be commended on their achievements over the last three years. Way to go AWE!

Posted March 10, 2009
I am a parent of 2 children in this school district. I have 1 child in Junior High and 1 in High School. My oldest has attended school in this district since he was in the 1st grade. I have seen many changes in this school, all in an effort to improve the quality of education. Mrs Mrya Graham has been a great asset to this school. She encourges community and parent involvement and strives to build real values and a sense of strong deep roots in our children that will last a life time. The test scores have improved over the past few years greatly. They emphasized the importance of academics as well as sports. We do have great sports program, also. We have a great team teachers that are genuinely concerned for the well being of our children.

Bigelow High School 1

Posted December 29, 2007

Posted July 19, 2007

Posted April 16, 2007
- a former student

Posted November 09, 2006
The testing scores have gone up dramatically in the 2005/2006 school year. These scores are not published yet. To get a fair assessment of the improvement at this school, you will need to speak to Paul Gottsponer, the principal, or Gina Windle, the counselor. They can be reached at (501)759-2602. This school and community are a close-knit people. It is very family oriented and child centered.

Posted May 29, 2006
The grade school is a great place for children to get one on one attention in the learning areas. sometimes you run accross some problems, though. The high school could use improvement on a few instructors that say they are teaching the kids, but they are actuallt sitting in their chairs, eating snacks, and then throwing tests on the kids out of the blue. They need more structure and communication with the parents.

Posted December 20, 2005
- a former student
I'm not a parent but a former student. I transfered to this school from a private school. I loved it. I thought that the teachers were well educated and worked well with the students. I felt prepared for college and went on to earn my B.A. If I continue to live in the area I would want my own children to go to school here.

Bigelow High School 3

Posted April 28, 2004
The elemenatary school has very caring teachers and is very proactive in communication. The school is in a rural setting- many farmers, etc... Great parent involvment at the elementary, good gifted and talented program, title 1 program and grant-funded after-school program.

Bigelow High School 2

Posted December 29, 2003
Bigelow is a school that needs improving. The hygiene is not very good. Also the teachers aren't as trained and prepared as you'd like them to be. The environment of this school depends on the social skills of your child.

Bigelow High School
101 East Panther Dr, Bigelow, AR  72016
Last modified Bigelow High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bigelow High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top