1, 5-8
Bryant, AR
Students enrolled: 1,124

Bryant Middle School 2

Posted April 27, 2011
School is overcrowded and administration is distant and out of touch. School tells you to look at Pinnacle for grade information, but grades are entered too late for parental intervention to help the student. School does not follow handbook, but uses it as an excuse for not doing things. Special Education students are placed on the backburner and treated like second class citizens. Gifted classes are primarily for the children of school employees so that they can be kept apart from the "general population." Bryant seems to have good elementary and high schools, but both of their middle schools are in the multi year failure category on the benchmark eaxms for Special Ed subgroup. Instead of trying to fix the problem, they offer summer enrichment classes for Gifted and Talented students, and tell Special Education parents there is no help available during the summer because there is no money.

Bryant Middle School 5

Posted August 02, 2009
Growing up in Little Rock it was a relief to have a community nearby where the schools and involvement in the schools was a main focus of the community. Yes, there is a lot of focus on sports and socio-economic status, but that is a fact of society where ever you go and it won't change. What truly matters is the importance that's placed on education and supporting kids in their education and extra activities as well. It's the main reason why Bryant is one of the top school sytsems in AR. Some people may not value the importance of sports and other activities, but these are extremely important building blocks in a child's development that build self-esteem and teach team work. Bryant parents are just as proud of the band as they are of the football team. We are proud to a part of the Bryant schools and community.

Posted September 08, 2008
I agree whole-heartedly about the socio-economic bias at Bryant. I have 2 sons - one in high school and one in middle school. We do not have a lot of money and my youngest is constantly picked on and bullied by other kids. I use the online system, and this year is better, but last year teachers rarely posted grades. I am seriously considering moving my youngest to Bauxite next year where he will stand a chance...I will say, to the good of the school, that everyone I've ever needed to talk to has been helpful, but I feel the school is too crowded and things fall through the cracks...the treatment of my son by other children should NOT be one of those things...

Posted February 15, 2008
Everyone is more focused on the sports than the grades. I am not really learning anything because they keep going over what they taught us last year or the year before and not teaching us someting new. The teachers are really nice though, and the band director is awsome. However almost everyone is a prep and is wealthy.

Posted February 15, 2008
I'm in the seventh grade at Brant Middle School, and this whole year the teachers have been 'teaching' us the same stuff we learned in the 4th grade.

Posted December 17, 2007
This school is great when it comes to athletics ,but I think that they should spend more time with our academics. Its really not that fair,because if you dont do exactly what they say and how they say it and you're not a wanna-be prep you get picked on,but that's our school for you they aren't too strict though so I geuss thats cool

Posted July 21, 2007
On the contrary to the information posted above, Bryant has a wide variety of students and most students, regardless of socio-economic background, seem to adjust quite well. Any matters involving bullying are handled quite quickly. Our principal is very involved in daily operations. However, with a school of it's size, we do have several assistant principals who are in charge of certain elements of day-to-day school issues. We also have an online-grade posting program, in which all teachers are obligated to post grades on a frequent basis. All students are given school log-in ID numbers and passwords, which are also sent home to the parents, so that they can check grades 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week. For a parent to fault the teachers for not knowing his/her own children's grades until report-card time is irrelevent. Most of us teach 100-150 students per day. Every parent must take some responsibility in his/her child's education.

Posted July 20, 2005
Acceptance in this school is based on who you are and what you have. Officials are under the impression that 'bullying does not exist in Bryant'. In reality, bullying is overlooked. I would not suggest this school for anyone who does not have a lot of money. If your child misbehaves expect to be called - if your child has failing grades, don't expect to hear about it until you receive a report card. This has been the experience of myself and several other parents who are not wealthy. I have never spoken to the prinicpal of the school, the assistant principal seems to be the one in charge.Phone conferences, rather than in person, are encouraged.

412 Woodland Dr, Bryant, AR  72022
Last modified Bryant Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 1, 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bryant Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top