2,017 students|Cabot School District

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

This school district has a facade as though it is a stellar school, and compared to the other schools in the area - this is slightly true, but entirely subjective. Now, you compare this district to schools in other states, and the difference is laughable; Cabot schools are a joke in regards to curriculum. We moved to Cabot because of the school district when we moved to Arkansas. It did not take us long, however, to learn that school does not care too much for students who are advanced academically, who are interested in the arts and/or science. This school is all about football first, the other sports second, and every other aspect about the school falls to the wayside. If you are not a member of the faculty or a dear friend, your child will get lost with no regrets. We have found it to be both disconcerting and deplorable that the small percentage of advanced/gifted children who keep this district in the "top public schools list" and are the reason why this district has many schools labeled as "diamond schools to watch" yet they allow the most gifted of students to navigate this ridiculously large campus without assistance. Intelligent and/or artistic students are looked at as 2nd class citizens at this school by faculty and students alike, and it is sickening. From the outside, Cabot has all of the things that involved parents want in a school district, but once you become part of the school district you learn the sad truth - if you don't play sports, you don't matter. We are parents who are highly educated and very involved in our only child's education and Cabot has severely disappointed us. What's worse is our best option is not to change school districts, but states altogether. It appears as though the faculty have learned how to play the game; they are overly polite, they portray this deep desire to help your child succeed, they seem genuinely invested in your child's educational growth and personal development... but beware, the raw truth will soon follow. If your main goal raising your children is for them to become a professional athlete, this is absolutely the school for you. But if your child is extremely gifted, this probably isn't the school for you. Gifted children require a comprehensive learning environment created to address their individual needs as a group and Cabot is seriously lacking in this area.

We moved to Cabot because of the military and the school district was better than Pulaski Special School District, which serves the Air Force Base. Our last duty station was in NJ where our child attended Pemberton Township H.S. Although Cabot H.S. may have the best school in the area, it still has a LONG way to go. My child was in all honors classes to include A-STEM. The education my child received in NJ could place him a grade ahead of where he should be at Cabot. In his Civics class, he reported to us that he read the text book for fun in fifth grade back in New Jersey. The kids here honestly didn't know who the first President was or any other "standard" US History knowledge that would normally be obtained in elementary school. I guess that's what you get when the school doesn't assign homework each day. I'm so disappointed with this school. It's a Common Core Curriculum school and these people are more concerned with football than academics. We're seriously considering sending my wife and three kids back to NJ for their education. Don't be fooled by the new campus.

This is my former school. Not only does the administration depend on scare tactics to keep the student body in line, but they also care more about their individual power over the students. Some teachers don't have enough money given to them to buy supplies without using their own money. Instead relying on donations from the student body. But, oddly enough the school finds money for the huge football program. Football players are treated above the average student. They are given all the perks and all the advantages. The rules are harsh and unnecessary. They would rather stifle the creativity of the students and keep them in a dark, unforgivable oppression than make a remote attempt to create an enjoyable learning environment. The staff is rude, unless you're a teacher. And the teachers are not very willing to give the extra time or effort to be a real role model. The best thing that ever happened to me was leaving this school. If you believe your student needs a toxic environment to "thrive" in school, then this is the place. If you think your student deserves a school that actually cares about his/her wellbeing, then I would find another school.

Amaxing school ,great teachers, exceptional administrators! Cabot high school has the problems that all schools have but the teachers and administrators set them above the rest! I have 2 students in this school and I love it

This school is awful. I had to pull my daughter out and move her to another school district due to the bullying and harassment she recieved, no matter how many times it was reported by her or I. Something else I noticed is that Cabot is highly political. If you don't have a reputation and are very rich, you are treated like dirt. There is little to no sense of equality. Seven months later, my daughter still recieves bullying from Cabot students and they are relentless. Her boyfriend still lives in Cabot and many students go to him to bash my daughter and try to break them up. I suggest you do not attend Cabot School District. I would NEVER reccomend this enviroment to anyone. It is a very mentally damaging place, for the bullying levels are outrageous. I fear for my daugher everyday because she is still damaged from the poor treatment she recieved.

I love the school. The teachers try really hard with my son to help him pass through the years and help him to understand things that he is lacking on. I love the community and would definetly recommend this school to anyone.

I am very happy with education that my son has recieved in the Cabot School District since 3rd grade. The teachers have strived hard for him to get his education. He is on an IEP and we have had a rough time but he is eager to learn and go further thanks to the wonderful teachers and principals. I would recommend this school!

I have 2 children in the Cabot School District. We are active duty military and will be transferring this summer. I have had the best experience with the teachers and staff in the 8 years we've been here! My oldest will graduate this year. I would highly recommend the Cabot School District to anyone I know!

An extremely rich school. Where does all the money go? To the football team. Who's games are extremely boring. Why is it that they have so much money and they deal with the worst food company invented. The food is disgusting, I refuse to eat it. The athletics are very political. The football players get away with murder. If I wasn't forced by the military, I would leave and never turn back.

A horrible school system and getting worse. Now spending money on building a 4th gym. Oh well, who needs the arts and sciences anyway!

Last modified Cabot High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.