Posted March 28, 2013
It really is amazing how much my son has learned since he has been in the Magness Creek Pre-K program! His teachers are caring yet still firm on having the students follow instructions. We also moved here from out of state and our Realtor recommended the Cabot school district- we are so glad he did! If we had it to do all over again we would choose Magness Creek in a heartbeat.

Posted December 21, 2011
We actually moved to Cabot (Magness Creek area) just for the schools. We previously resided at LRAFB, I have 3 kids, my oldest being in the CJHN and my 2 youngest being in MCE. This is my daughters last year at MC and all in all, it has been a very pleasant experience for both my children and myself. I do agree that they seem to push the Benchmark a bit too far for the ranking but have to disagree with special treatment towards gender. My daughter has a tendency to be spirited as well and you better believe they put her in check just as they have with my youngest son. I also will agree with the statements about the principle being unapproachable, she does seem cold towards parents and students alike but again, this does NOT seem to affect the school itself. The teachers are GREAT and make sure to keep parents in the loop. They are willing to work one on one with a student and parent alike. I have enjoyed my children attending Magness Creek Elementary and will be so sad when the time comes that my youngest will be moving on.

Magness Creek Elementary School 4

Posted September 04, 2011
My daughter is starting her second year (1st grade) at MCE and the quality of education she has received has justified the decision to live in Magness Creek. My wife taught in Searcy a few years ago and even then it was well known that the best public schools in central Arkansas are in Cabot. I think it is wonderful that there are still places where your child can attend a great neighborhood public school. I am under no illusions that MCE is perfect, but is has complimented our work as parents and instilled in our daughter a love of learning that will carry her through the rest of her life.

Posted July 06, 2011
We are moving so that we will not need to attend this or any other Cabot school. We don't know how the other schools in Cabot are, but after the last two years, We are not going to attempt. Boys are treated sublevel to the girls who are favorited in all grades. If you are having any behavior issues or if your son is a REAL boy, don't bring him here. The teachers at most can handle "normal", "submissive", "shy", "quiet" behavior, but do not send a spirited or imaginative boy who thinks outside the box. His spirit will be broken and he may even end up on medication to curb his behavior and make it easier for the teachers to deal with normal every day children. BEWARE!!! Or, get into the click! If you don't work, you will be "in" only if you volunteer. Heaven forbid you are a working mom. This is sad since MCE is supposed to be the best elementary in Cabot. Children are taught like robots to pass the Benchmark so that the school can maintain its record, not so that the children will really learn anything.

Posted July 05, 2011
We have had 3 kids attend here, most recently our daughter in K this past year. VERY disappointed with K teacher! Plays favorites and she should be reminded classroom time is for TEACHING not TEXTING. My daughter said she was always playing with her phone during class. Like a previous posted stated, heaven forbid your kid get in any trouble because the entire community will know about it and it will not get better it will only get worse. If you are not part of the "in crowd" or teacher's pet there will be trouble!

Posted April 28, 2010
We moved here last year from another state (IL), and after reviewing all the schools in the area, we knew MCE was where we wanted our kids to be. This school has exceeded my expectations. I have a kindergartener who has been going through a rough time after his Daddy deployed, and his teacher has been amazing. She seems to really understand what he needs, and she has gone above & beyond to accommodate him. My fourth grader was having a rough time in math, because the standards here are higher than the standards where we came from. Her teacher has gone out of her way to give her the help she needed to get caught up to the rest of the kids, and she is finally there! I can see why MCE is at the top.

Posted October 19, 2009
Magness Creek is an excellent school! It's true that it is at it's max capacity but Cabot already has another school in the works to help out with the overflow. The principal and her staff are all very attentive and warm to the students. I am in the school volunteering a couple of times a week and have never seen any problems with administration acting anything but kind to the children. The test scores for this school are in the very top in the state! Teachers are attentive, nuturing and stern when needed. My children truly enjoy going to school at Magness Creek and I enjoy volunteering. When we relocated to the Little Rock area, my husband and I toured many elementary schools in and around the area. We were most impressed with Magness Creek's administration. They were genuinely interested in our kids and our kids' needs.

Posted August 07, 2009

Magness Creek Elementary School 0

Posted July 23, 2009
There are issues with administration at this school. Several authorities at the school act as if they don't even like kids. I dread sending my daughter back for her fourth year and I am looking at other options. I have been in the lunchroom one too many times hearing the children being yelled at constantly to be quiet. I have never heard the students being too loud, but the one yelling can be heard at the entrance of the school.

Magness Creek Elementary School 0

Posted February 20, 2009
Sounds wonderful!!! The truth is the classes are at the max. The student teacher ratio is at the states max. The students and teachers are in a no win situation. The school district has set them up for failure. Don't look for any sympathy, they are following state guide lines.

Magness Creek Elementary School
16150 Ark Hwy 5, Cabot, AR  72023
Last modified Magness Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Magness Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.