Northside Elementary School

Public | PK-4

Posted August 14, 2013

This school is a great school with passionate and caring teachers. Only issue I have had is the building and playground equipment are old, broken, and outdated. The PTO has been trying to save $$ for this, I feel the school district should move tax $$ around to make sure all Cabot schools are top notch but this is not as important to me as education. My child also does speech therapy here and I'm docking one star due to the special education department which I feel could be at a higher level. Overall I am pleased with this school and we are excited for the next school year to begin! Highly recommended Northside!

Posted October 15, 2010

My two youngest boys attends Northside Elementary, and they both love it. The teachers and staff there all display the fact that they love their jobs by their positive approach of making the kids feel comfortable and safe, and showing the kids how excited learning, and teaching, can be. I could literally go on and on about this school. I believe that my children are in the BEST SCHOOL around!

Posted June 15, 2010

I am so happy to be able to be a part of this school. All of the teachers strive for excellence and we are surrounded by supportive parents who truly care about their child's education. We have some of the most cooperative children around. Our district is able to supply us with the latest technology and it only gets better every year. Our principal, Suzanne Proctor, is a wonderful person who motivates the students and the teachers to do their best and always do what is right. This school has a family feel and I am very happy here.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 21, 2008

I have 2 children at Northside and this is the 3rd year that one of them has attended. I am extremely happy with ALL the teacher and the warmth they show my kids. I LOVE NORTHSIDE!

Posted September 11, 2008

My middle boy is currentyl a child at this school and it is an amazing school. The teachers and staff are very friendly and the have a genuine interest in the students.

Posted May 3, 2008

Excellent school. My youngest of 3 is currently attending Northside and I couldn't be happier with the teachers or principal.

Posted October 16, 2007

I am a parent of a 1st grade student at Northside. We were transferred from Magness Creek this year. I was not excited about being transferred to this school, and fought it tooth and nail. I must say, however, that I have been extremely pleased with the level of eduction and the sincere kindness that has been shown to my family and myself by the school staff. Northside has an excellent Principal and some of the best and sweetest teachers I have ever seen. They are all so down-to-earth and fun. It is a great learning environment for children. I am happy to now call this my son's school! They have definitely earned their stripes and my complete respect.

Posted September 27, 2007

I have 2 girls at Northside. We are military and move all over, so I have seen good and bad things all over. I have to say Northside is and excellent school. The teaching staff is awesome. I have watched one of my children, who has ADD/ODD bloom since she has been there. The kids adore their teachers and the teachers truly care about every child and their success. Now with that said...... It may be a statewide thing, but I think there is entirely too much candy and junk given out to the kids. As rewards they are given various forms of junk food, and when it is a reward, as a parent, it makes it diffucult to say no my child can't have that. It also sends the wrong message of eating when you perform well.

Posted May 29, 2006

I have one son that has attended Northside since kindergarten, (he will be in 4th grade), and I have been extremely pleased with the level of education and love my child has received. Each year my son has been blessed with an excellent teacher(s) that educate, encourage and nurture him. My son has struggled with reading and at Northside he has received unbelievable support from the teachers. They really worked non stop to get his level of reading up and in the process gave him renewed confidence in himself. As a parent I couldn't ask for more for my child. I look forward to my 5 y.o. starting kindergarten this year because I know first hand he will be attending the best elementary school. Ms. Finley is great! She encourages parent participation and her door is always open! The school's PTO is really involved and does a great job supporting Northside.

Posted May 7, 2006

My daughter attended northside during her 2nd and 3rd grade year. (2003-2005) She really bloomed at this school. This school not only gave katelynn a great education but also encourage great character. The principal is so very encouraging and a real leader. The atmosphere is fun and caring. Katelynn always felt like she was 'cared about'. The school is also called the golden rule school........You can imagine why..........They encourage treating each other (faculty, teachers, students) with respect and care. This is a grade aaaaaaaaaaaaa school. If you have the option to choose a school in cabot ...his is the very best one!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted August 18, 2004

This will be my sons second year at northside. I love it. I feel that he is getting a quality education from teachers who really care about him. I don't worry about my hyper active child being allowed to slip through a crack. I know that this years focus will be on the benchmark exams, but it is that way across the state in the fourth grade. I found this frustrating when my daughter was in the fourth grade, but over all she learned a great deal training for this exam.

Posted April 28, 2004

Up until this school year,I would have given Northside Elementary 5 stars but 4th grade has changed my opinion. It seems like the only thing that is important is the Benchmark testing. The teachers,principal,etc seem to think this is the only important thing in the 4th grade. I realize that it is important to the school rating,school funds,etc. But it is by far not the only thing important to our children. Everyone seems to worry about how the children perform on the test but what about the teachers? Is there a breakdown of how the children performed,what teacher/teachers they had,and how maybe the teacher may need improvement in teaching the material? I am a parent that is very active in my childs education but if we,as parents question anything,we seem to get put on the proverbial 'one of those parents'.I know a lot more parents that feel this way.

Posted April 16, 2004

We love Northside Elementary! I have one daughter that currently attends Northside and has had a really positive, encouraging, academic experience. We have been here two years and look forward to our third child starting Kindergarten at Northside Elementery. I think the real icing the cake is the principal...Ms. Finley! The children are allowed to be children, but the boundaries are very clear. School goals are achievable and are effectively acknowledged.

Grade level

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 79% in 2013.

72 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 86% in 2013.

72 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the Benchmark Exam to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in literacy and grades 3 through 8 in math. The Benchmark Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Source: Arkansas Department of Education

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 85% in 2013.

78 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 82% in 2013.

78 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

Source: Arkansas Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 55%N/A61%

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

814 West Locust St