PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted December 04, 2015
Lifeway Christian is a hidden gem, which teaches Christian values as well as academics. The school focuses on the holistic child, nurturing each child’s intellectual, social, spiritual, and emotional development. The teachers, administrators, and staff teach children with an eye to adulthood, striving to foster the skills for success in adult life. They provide guidance and support as children experience the successes and struggles that are an inevitable part of growing up, helping children learn life lessons from each struggle and celebrating each success. The classes are small, allowing teachers to connect with each student and identify his or her academic and nonacademic needs. Acceptance and good citizenship is valued here. Students respect and accept their classmates, even those with differences. The extra-curricular activities are robust for a school this size, which is consistent with the school’s philosophy of enabling each child to develop all of his God-given gifts and talents.

Life Way Christian School 4

Posted October 10, 2014
My children have attended Lifeway for 3 years now. The only complaint I have is that football is not offered. I completely disagree with previous posters who have said that it's a place for "church members children" to be sheltered from the outside world. How ridiculous! I do not attend church at 1st Baptist of Centerton & most of the kids in my children's classes do not either. Lifeway is a wonderful alternative for those who want smaller classroom sizes, great parent-teacher communication, a hands-on headmaster and a fun learning environment. I highly recommend it!

Life Way Christian School 4

Posted January 21, 2014
Life Way Christian School is an ACSI accredited school in which the philosophy of "kingdom education" is upheld. Children are not only taught the traditional disciplines that all schools teach, but it is presented through the lens of God's Word. Students are discipled and mentoered by teachers who know and kove God. We have been extremely pleased with the quality of teachers at this school. They love their students and serve with servant hearts.The headmaster,,Dr. Bowers is top notch as well as the high school and elementary principals. The school continues to improve academically with each passing year. The Biblical values and knowledge that our children are taught far outweigh anything they would learn in a public institution. We are very thankful for this school and what it means to our family.

Posted December 18, 2013
Life Way Christian School is an extreme waste of money and time. Life Way is not the school for you if you're looking for better education for your children. It is simply just a school for church members' kids who are being sheltered from the 'outside world'. Through our experience with this school the teachers/ staff members were very rude an unchristian- like, which surprised us very much. We've had a lot of bad experiences due to teachers treating children unfairly, staff mistreating children AND parents with disrespect and a lack of organization with school programs and just the school in general. I assure you, this is not the place to be sending your children.

Posted December 18, 2013
Hello. My child has been attending Life Way Christian School for the 2013-2014 school year. I have a eighth grader, and from the stories she brings home every day, i am at a loss for words. We moved here from the Bentonville school district, and comparing Barker middle school and Life Way is like comparing apples and oranges. Both my husband and I are very religious, and we wanted my daughter to be in a sweet, loving, Christian environment. But, no. We will definitely be pulling her out after she finishes this school year. Not to mention that the school is wildly over priced, and some of these teachers have less of a degree than me, and I only went to college for 3 years! And while I was emailing the headmaster about one of my daughters teachers about being VERY biased about a couple of things, when he finally emailed me back about a week later, I counted at least 7 grammar mistakes! All I'm trying to say is don't waste your money here!

Posted October 18, 2013
Life Way is an awesome school where your students can flourish and learn. We love Live Way because of the caring teachers and the love our children receive while they are there. I thank God daily for a school where they can be taught the truth and not have to worry about what they are learning. Life Way is fully accredited and their teachers all have teaching certificates. One of my children was struggling and not only did the teachers come up beside them to help but came to me and asked if I would mind if she spent time tutoring her over the summer at no cost to me. It is obvious the teachers and staff love their students! My oldest is a senior and the education she has received will allow her to go on to college with no worries.

Posted September 06, 2012
Our two children attended LWCS throughout their elementary years. It was during those years that our children grew academically while developing a biblical world view. Some of the benefits of the elementary school are the small class sizes, a highly qualified staff, a loving/ disciplined environment , a principal dedicated to her students and staff. You will not find a principal who loves their school more. Having moved away from the area, a year ago, our children are now in public school and received advanced scores on their AR state benchmark tests. Proof of the excellent education they received at LW elementary school.

Posted June 07, 2012
We had kids in LWCS for several years. We LOVED the lower grades (1-6) and elementary principal! The upper grades didn't believe in teach, test, reteach and retest. If the child doesn't "get it" they just pass him without TEACHING the subject matter! Shocking. The management strategy in the upper grades is sorely lacking, operating only on the tactical level without a clear vision for academic excellence. In the 2011 year, 13 out of 14 kids needed tutors in a Senior high math classes. Their teaching methods are not effective! If your child is not an "A" student, LWCS is not effective for any student that struggles. LWCS doesn't believe in the "no child left behind" concept. The school leaders told us that "If your child is in the lowest (of 3) math class and we only get through 3/4 of the book, that's OK." We were shocked at their lack of EFFECTIVE TRANSFER OF KNOWLEDGE! We left the school in 2012 after much investment in time, money, donations and trying to effect a change. Their test scores are high, but logic says that if all the "C" and "B" students leave (because they struggle) then average test scores will automatically rise because only "true scholars" stay behind!

Posted November 09, 2011
I absolutely love this school. We have been in the Bentonville school district for many years and our children were getting lost in the crowd. Life Way Christian School offers AP and Honors courses in there high school. The average classroom size is less than 20. Giving more time to the students. Life Way has many programs for the children to participate in: Fine Arts, Band, Choir, Drama, Basketball, Golf, Volleyball, Soccer, and the list goes on. This school continues to grow every year. We get all this in a Christ centered atmosphere. My only wish is that we would have found Life Way sooner!! It is a must see if you are looking for a Christian education with higher learning expectations!!

Posted April 21, 2011
Please don't waste your time or money at this school. This school is NOT accredited. They have teachers there that are not college educated teaching there. In the high school, they can not teach kids that are less than average students. They need to publish that kids with less than a C average are not allowed. This school is not elite, not a private school, but is a school for the church members to send their kids to school to keep them from the "outside world" Bentonville Schools. They will take your money and waste your time clear til it is 5 weeks for school to be over, then let you know they can't teach your child and then dismiss them. This is what we just experienced from them. So we are scrambling to get our student into the public school so he won't have wasted an entire year. Very low, and NON-Christ like behavior. Not what you would expect from a church based school. There are no "checks and balances" here at this school.

Life Way Christian School
351 W Centerton Blvd, Centerton, AR  72719
Last modified Life Way Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12