Clarksville Junior High School

Public | 7-9 | 591 students

Posted August 6, 2012

I am a former student and I wasnt a special needs child but I strugled with my grades and I had chronic memory loss after a heat stroke and I also had ADHD like symptoms after an abuse took place in my life and the staff made it very hard on me some would igore me some were cruel in my opinion. I was bullied by other students, and ridiculed when I reported it. My children will never attend this school. It is a very cliche institution.

Posted September 16, 2009

Clarksville School facility has a passion for teaching our children and in return our children have a passion for learning

Posted May 20, 2009

The parent who posted on May 1, 2007 was exactly right about don't send an average student to this school. I had the worst experience with this school district along with abuses from the grade school level with my special needs child. I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone.

Posted February 8, 2009

I believe the entire staff works hard to make each student a better student and person. My child is a high maintenance student with ADHD. I have seen improvement in him each of the 3 years he has been here. I beleive this is a turning point for him. THANKS TO ALL!

Posted November 18, 2007

The security is WAY over the top! There are camras EVERYWHERE watching your every move. The teachers are really nice, and the band is awesome...but Lamar is better because they take the time out of evrything to help you. & they're just awesome like that!!!
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 9, 2007

The teachers seem to know what they are doing most of the time. My child is on the honer roll so I believe that the teachers must teach reasonably well. Thank God for them!

Posted May 1, 2007

My children have both gone thru the Junior High and I thank God every day that is over. The majority of the teachers will not take time for the 'average' to 'struggling' students. If your child is 'Honor Roll' material, by all means send your child there. However, if your child is a B/C or student with any type of learning difficulties, forget it. The majority of the teachers don't want to have to do anything extra for those students

Posted March 22, 2006

This is a pretty god school - demanding, dedicated teachers, strong curriculum, good test scores, nice facilities. My kids are students here, and I am pleased with the educational experiences they are having.

Posted March 21, 2006

My experiences, and I am a parent of a student in this school, is exactly opposite of the *comments* posted above. Good course of study, strong test scores, demanding teachers - all adds up to a very strong school. Well done.

Posted January 4, 2006

The majority ofTeachers do not seem to care about the students. Unfair discipline. Lack of concern.

Posted April 19, 2005

This school is terrible, it is not worth sending your kids to, please do not send your kids there, i was a student there, they were a totalitarian place and too dumb for words. Your kids deserve better than this.
—Submitted by a former student

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 77% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 41% in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the Benchmark Exam to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in literacy and grades 3 through 8 in math. The Benchmark Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 77% in 2013.

180 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

180 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 77% in 2013.

137 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the End of Course Exam to test high school students in Algebra I, Geometry and Biology. The results for End of Course Exams administered in the spring of each school year are displayed on GreatSchools profiles. The End of Course Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 67%N/A61%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1801 Clark Rd