Theodore Jones Elementary School

Public | K-4 | 494 students

Posted July 18, 2014

We LOVE TJE. My daughter, who failed the first grade at another school due to lack of confidence and a teacher with horrid communication skills, has gone from a first grade reading level to a third grade reading level!!!! And she is exceeding expectations in all of her other subjects as well. What really gets me though is the confidence she has now. I could not be any more proud of her OR TJE!!!!!

Posted May 31, 2014

We moved back to Arkansas after being in Shreveport for 3 years. Theodore Jones is a terrible school...from the education down to the faculty. They treated my son terribly. There are so many things that I could post here. But, just know I DO NOT recommend this school.

Posted December 14, 2011

We moved here from Pulaski County School District which supposedly wasn't very good. I would do anything to move my children back. I am very disappointed by the Conway Public Schools. They treat the kids like prisoners and yell at them constantly. The children aren't allowed to play with the opposite sex. Academically, this school is behind the school my kids came from. The school is poorly staffed and there is an overall feeling of confusion. The office staff has even admitted that the school is minimally staffed. Don't move to Conway for the schools...Big Disappointment!

Posted July 15, 2008

I have been associated with Theodore Jones for many years. I adored this school! Wonderful, good Christian people, that worked hard daily to give the children the best education. I had a daughter that attended there. I have to say, of all the schools, I have been associated with--the staff here is by far the best!

Posted March 26, 2008

Wow! I was very impressed by the teachers and staff at this school. The teachers were very caring and spent extra time making sure that my child needs were met. The administration was on top of things when I called and I appreciate them taking the time to meet with me since I was new to Conway.

Posted September 13, 2007

Wonderful school. Very friendly teachers who are always willing to go the extra mile for you child. I have 2 daughters enrolled here.

Posted June 27, 2007

We love Theodore JOnes Elementary. My children have had great teachers in each grade. The teachers are caring and work many hours after school. I have gone up there to get homework and they are still there. I think teachers are overworked and many parents do not seem to appreciate all they do. These teachers go out of their way to help these childre. I did notice many parents at this school seem to be absent from the PTO and when the school needs help. The parents should get out and support their school better. The principals were great too.

Posted March 13, 2007

I was very dissappointed in this school. The Principals were pleasant, however, the teachers we experienced appeared overloaded with spending their time with behavioral management of other students. The PTO participation was very poor. This school needed more learning and activities equipment and additional support staff. Maybe after additional resources, children and staff can gain greater learning experiences in a less stressful environment.

Grade level

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 79% in 2013.

73 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 86% in 2013.

73 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the Benchmark Exam to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in literacy and grades 3 through 8 in math. The Benchmark Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Source: Arkansas Department of Education

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 85% in 2013.

72 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 82% in 2013.

72 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

Source: Arkansas Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 73%N/A61%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1800 Freyaldenhoven Ln