Jim Stone Elementary School

Public | K-4

Posted September 26, 2013

Jim Stone Elementary is an amazing school with caring teachers and staff. My son loved going to school everyday! Made it so much easier for a parents.

Posted September 26, 2013

Jim Stone is a wonderful school. My daughter loves the teachers, and volunteers. The teachers care about the students and devote themselves to making sure that the students are achieving academically! We love it! -parent-

Posted September 26, 2013

Jim Stone is filled with a great staff that really loves their students! They show real concern about the quality of their education.

Posted September 26, 2013

I believe that Jim Stone is a great elementary school. I would definitely recommend it.

Posted November 28, 2012

My daughter was bullied during her time at Jim Stone. When I reported it to Mr. Lewis, he advised me that it would stop then. It continued. I continued to report incidents of bullying, not only verbal, but physical, but it was never stopped by the school. We finally moved and that is the only way we got it to stop. Prior to our move, I called the parents of 3 of the children involved in the bullying and asked them why their child felt a need to bully my child. The responses from the parents was shocking. They basically didn't care. These children are our future and we should be doing whatever it takes to protect them. What is your problem Jim Stone?

Posted October 29, 2012

This is my child second year at J.S My husband and I had real concerns about switching schools because off zoining. He had attended Julie Moore and we loved the principle,teachers and the hold staff their. We was reasurred that Jim Stone was an excellent school! They were right! It is an EXCELLENT school, of course they were small problems at first but nothing that active parent that's really involved with their child education can't work out. If I could grade the principal A+ Teachers A+ Staff A+ long story short "WE LOVE jIM STONE" excellent leadership.

Posted September 18, 2012

I had suspections that my child was being bullyed by one of her teachers. I had a meeting with said teacher & the principal. The teacher denied most of the allegations & only admitted to a couple lesser ones. The principal told me that you can never take what kids say at face vaule, you are to always believe the adult. So in other words he told me my kids were lying. and that they plotted together of what to say against the teacher. He totally took the teachers side & did nothing. Also at the beginning of this school year, the school nurse make my daughter pass notes to all the kids in her class about her having whopping cough. My daughter had the sickness before school started & had already finished her meds & was cured. I did not agree with that as well. My didnt the teacher or nurse pass them out. Other than these problems the school is good. I have no other complaints.

Posted April 5, 2012

Last year I was encouraged from the first of the year to think about holding my kindergartener back again. We didn't hold him back and he has had a good year. We haven't heard even a hint of holding him back this year. Four people sat around the table glaring at me like I was from Mars when I told them I thought he would handle first grade just fine. When I expressed that after a lot of thought and family discussion we decided to not hold him back, they continued to try to talk me into it.

Posted November 3, 2011

I have had 3 students in Jim Stone over a few years. Unfortunately, they have not excelled as they say they have. I have 2 boys there now, and both have had been assigned to Saturday school for silly things. One is even in Kindergarten. Saturday school for sticking his tongue out. Really? These people do not know anything about handling boys. The principal stated to me that their hands are tied these days, and Saturday school is all they have to punish kids. They didn't even call me first. What happened to parental involvement? This school may be good at academics, but earns a poor rating on behavioral management.

Posted September 16, 2009

I am a Grandparent of two children at Jim Stone Elementary. I love the Principal and have loved all my grandkids' teachers. The teachers are all just the best!!!

Posted January 21, 2009

Excellent school, teachers really care about students succeeding, and Mr. Lewis is one of the best, kindest principals around..Mrs. Antley steps up to the plate with excellent professionalism when she is needed. These people are not afraid to do the grunt work when called on, like standing in the cold rain to be sure the students are bussed safely..etc..

Posted November 28, 2007

Jim Stone is the best K-4 in the state of Arkansas. Teachers and Administration supported by the parents. All working in harmony for the benefit of the students with maxium results. A perfect balance of all learning.

Posted March 8, 2005

Jim Stone has nutured our parent/child relationship and has allowed us to be there with/for our daughter. They have acknowledged her abilities and have levelized her curriculum so that she doesn't become bored. The teachers are fantastic! At Jim Stone, I hear nothing but positive. We made a good decision to move to Conway, but the best decision was to enroll her in Jim Stone. I am not hounded with fundraisers every week, the PTO organization is above and beyond, and my daughter has adjusted so well, because of this wonderful environment.

Posted October 3, 2004

Jim Stone is an awesome school. The interaction that takes place between the staff, students and parents continues to amaze me. The school encourages parental involvement and the principal's open door policy is great. Mrs. Philpott is the absolute best kindergarten teacher anywhere. My child is really thriving at this school. I would highly recommend it to anyone considering it as the school for their children. I cannot sing this school enough praises.

Posted June 21, 2004

Jim Stone is an excellent facility! My children love this school and the level of instruction is unbeatable. Teachers strive to stay on top of current educational issues and the Administration is fantastic. I would recommend this school to any family wishing for quality instruction in a safe, loving environment.

Posted April 23, 2004

My daughter is finishing Kindergarten at Jim Stone this year. We have been very happy with her achievement. Her teachers are very caring and good with students. Parents are extremely involved in the activities at the school. There are enrichment programs during the day and after school. We researched the schools in Conway and picked, what we felt, was the best school in town. It has surpassed our expectations.

Grade level

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 79% in 2013.

75 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 86% in 2013.

75 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the Benchmark Exam to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in literacy and grades 3 through 8 in math. The Benchmark Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Source: Arkansas Department of Education

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 85% in 2013.

99 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 82% in 2013.

99 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

Source: Arkansas Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 28%N/A61%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

4255 College Ave