Bad
Good

Jim Stone Elementary is an amazing school with caring teachers and staff. My son loved going to school everyday! Made it so much easier for a parents.

Jim Stone is a wonderful school. My daughter loves the teachers, and volunteers. The teachers care about the students and devote themselves to making sure that the students are achieving academically! We love it! -parent-

Jim Stone is filled with a great staff that really loves their students! They show real concern about the quality of their education.

I believe that Jim Stone is a great elementary school. I would definitely recommend it.

My daughter was bullied during her time at Jim Stone. When I reported it to Mr. Lewis, he advised me that it would stop then. It continued. I continued to report incidents of bullying, not only verbal, but physical, but it was never stopped by the school. We finally moved and that is the only way we got it to stop. Prior to our move, I called the parents of 3 of the children involved in the bullying and asked them why their child felt a need to bully my child. The responses from the parents was shocking. They basically didn't care. These children are our future and we should be doing whatever it takes to protect them. What is your problem Jim Stone?

This is my child second year at J.S My husband and I had real concerns about switching schools because off zoining. He had attended Julie Moore and we loved the principle,teachers and the hold staff their. We was reasurred that Jim Stone was an excellent school! They were right! It is an EXCELLENT school, of course they were small problems at first but nothing that active parent that's really involved with their child education can't work out. If I could grade the principal A+ Teachers A+ Staff A+ long story short "WE LOVE jIM STONE" excellent leadership.

I had suspections that my child was being bullyed by one of her teachers. I had a meeting with said teacher & the principal. The teacher denied most of the allegations & only admitted to a couple lesser ones. The principal told me that you can never take what kids say at face vaule, you are to always believe the adult. So in other words he told me my kids were lying. and that they plotted together of what to say against the teacher. He totally took the teachers side & did nothing. Also at the beginning of this school year, the school nurse make my daughter pass notes to all the kids in her class about her having whopping cough. My daughter had the sickness before school started & had already finished her meds & was cured. I did not agree with that as well. My didnt the teacher or nurse pass them out. Other than these problems the school is good. I have no other complaints.

Last year I was encouraged from the first of the year to think about holding my kindergartener back again. We didn't hold him back and he has had a good year. We haven't heard even a hint of holding him back this year. Four people sat around the table glaring at me like I was from Mars when I told them I thought he would handle first grade just fine. When I expressed that after a lot of thought and family discussion we decided to not hold him back, they continued to try to talk me into it.

I have had 3 students in Jim Stone over a few years. Unfortunately, they have not excelled as they say they have. I have 2 boys there now, and both have had been assigned to Saturday school for silly things. One is even in Kindergarten. Saturday school for sticking his tongue out. Really? These people do not know anything about handling boys. The principal stated to me that their hands are tied these days, and Saturday school is all they have to punish kids. They didn't even call me first. What happened to parental involvement? This school may be good at academics, but earns a poor rating on behavioral management.

I am a Grandparent of two children at Jim Stone Elementary. I love the Principal and have loved all my grandkids' teachers. The teachers are all just the best!!!

Last modified Jim Stone Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.