No rating

Conway High East

Public | 9-10 | 1481 students

Posted May 18, 2013

My daughter is a high achiever, and she feels challenged in all of the academic subjects (pre-AP). The orchestra and history instructors teach with passion and encourage their students to compete on a state-wide and even national level. She has come home excited by the discussions in her English classes and what they learned in physical science. Who cares about the buildings? For kids who are ready to work hard and learn, there are talented teachers ready to take them to the next level. Some of the required non-academic classes like career orientation are idiotic and must be endured.

Posted March 28, 2013

Conway High East is a perfect example of what is wrong with schools today. There is an extreme lack of respect from very undisciplined students. There are good respectful students and teachers, but there isn't near the supervision needed and required for so many students in just two grades. As a parent, I am very sorry that I put my child in this school. He is here for one semester and will not be back under any circumstance.

Posted December 13, 2008

I honestly believe that Conway High East is a great school. Yeah, we have our problems, but what high schools don't? A lot of our programs are top notch. We get to do a lot that other schools don't. Just because we don't give tours doesn't make us a bad school. It just means that no one has time. You shouldn't judge the school on that. The teachers are great. I've recieved a lot of help, you just have to ask. They're friendly and helpful...honestly CHSE is a great school.
—Submitted by a student

Posted June 26, 2007

Conway High East is a good school. Its not the schools fault no parent wants to volunteer to do that and the teachers are too busy to. Conway High East just had a new building built that looks better and one of the old ones is being torn down but even if that weren't the case it would still have better materials than other schools.
—Submitted by a student

Posted July 8, 2006

I agree that CHS East is not the best of schools , they need teachers from Vilonia to come & teach them what is like to actually be a TEACHER, not just a person there to earn a paycheck. They don't want to answer kids questions ,but treat the kids like they don't matter. when going for teacher conferences , I feel like i'm being looked down on by them & are real uncomfortable . my child has never gotten in trouble, nor has any of her friends but the teachers make you feel like the lowest of humans!

Posted January 31, 2006

I have attended this school previously, and let me tell you - this school is insulting to other schools. There are not many classes offered. My daughter, took German there and they decided to cut it off because of supposedly 'no funding'. My sastification with this school has been almost zero. Teachers do not help students and the so called 'help' is pathetic. There have also been many fights, bomb threats, and gun threats there.

Posted February 9, 2005

We were considering a move to Conway, and I requested a tour of the school. The outside of the school was less than desirable, but we were holding out hope that the administration, teachers and programs would be just what we were looking for. After several requests to tour the school being denied, they just told me that they didn't give tours, as they were too busy. In surrounding cities, the public school tours are conducted by very qualified volunteer parents, and they are fabulous. Needless to say, we decided NOT to move to Conway. In my mind, if you've got something great in your school, you want everyone to see. Obviously, Conway High East doesn't share this sentiment, or there's noting great to see there.

Grade level

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 77% in 2013.

Biology

The state average for Biology was 44% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 72% in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the End of Course Exam to test high school students in Algebra I, Geometry and Biology. The results for End of Course Exams administered in the spring of each school year are displayed on GreatSchools profiles. The End of Course Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Source: Arkansas Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 41%N/A61%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

1815 Prince St