Bad
Good

When you walk in the door of the building you immediately feel like family. They truly care about the students!

Ida Burns is a great school! The administrative staff and teachers are awesome! My son and I love everything about this school. It's the little school with a BIG heart. They truly care about academics and character building.

A PARENT- My daughter is 8...and in the second grade.We moved from South FL,over a year ago...and we are in this school.The staff is awesome.It was quit a culture shock moving to a small town.Staff made her feel it was going to be ok,and is a star student. THANK YOU! :)

I was hesitant about sending my daughter to public school, but I LOVE this school and so does she. The staff has went above and beyond to help her transition to public school and to make her and us feel welcome there.

My daughter went to this school for Kindergarten & first grade, and my son for Kindergarten before we moved out of district, and for a stay at home mom who had a hard time loosening those apron strings this school was a great transition into education for myself and for them. The teachers were all amazing, and they maintain a homey feel & personal attitude towards teaching. Communication was always open with the teachers. My only complaint was with the cafeteria staff, there was a discrepancy in the amount of money my children where charged (or they bought extra food) and when I called to inquire about it the woman who spoke with me was rude and couldn't tell me how the money was used, they mistakenly put money into the wrong account and "couldn't transfer it". A small irritant compared to all the pluses of this school.

I absolutely love Ida Burns. I have never been involved with such a loving and caring staff. They truly love and care for each of their students. Ida Burns has highly qualified teachers and great leadership through the principal and assistant principal. The office staff is always helpful and friendly. I highly recommend this school.

I love this school and so does my daughter, she has gotten to sing at so many places and the year isn't even over yet, staff is nice and caring if you have a choice you should choose this school

Wonderful school! They have a GREAT staff that really care about and work hard for their kids.

Was recently there at the Kaboom project and met many dedicated teachers and the principal and vice principal were comitted to ensure the best in terms of advancement for this diverse group of students. I was impressed with their commitment to success and the kids were all well disciplined being taught about respect, integrity, and the basics of a diverse world. I would recommend this school to any parent who wants their child to have exposure to the real world. Great job to the Principal, Vice President, and the teachers who encourage all of the life traits necessary to ensure successful healthy relationships between all.

Last modified Ida Burns Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.