Julia Lee Moore Elementary School

Public | PK-4 | 390 students

Posted February 23, 2014

If you are part of the "in" crowd, your child will be fine. Otherwise, good luck....

Posted August 22, 2013

great school my daughter is starting her second year and I couldn't be happier with the education she is receiving.

Posted December 4, 2008

We had our kids in private school-thinking it would be a better education. We found out as long as you're paying tuition they will always make good grades. We put both kids in Conway Public Schools, JLM & now Conway East. It was the best thing we could have done. The teachers are great and for the most part the high schoolers are too! Since there is so much more parent involvement you get more out of the child!

Posted November 16, 2007

I love my child's K teacher - she is wonderful. The administration however is not accessible. I feel so disconnected to what my child is doing in school, because parents are discouraged from stopping by and observing. I was also very disturbed by the fact that a movie about gun accidents was shown to my Kindergartener where a child accidentally shot another child. My child came home very upset about it and I didn't know how to talk about it because the school had not forewarned me that they would be introducing this topic. Overall I think the administration is lazy. They really don't like it if you ask too many questions or make any requests. They just want you to drop your kid off out front and pick them up and back and leave them alone.

Posted December 4, 2006

All 3 of my kids went to JLM. I am a teacher in another district, and I highly reccommend this school. The administration is fair and consistent. The teachers are loving and dedicated. My kids are in the top 10% in the nation on testing, and they are all teenagers now. My oldest son was offered an appointment at the Coast Gaurd Academy and also received the Governor's Scholarship, and graduated 12th in his class of over 500 students. I attribute my kids study habits and love of learning to JLM and thier fine faculty and staff. It is a shame that all kids don't get the opportunity to learn in such a fine educational environment. Deborah Jones, MEd

Posted December 28, 2005

I went to Julia Lee Moore Elem. for 6 yrs. & I can say that it's an EXCELLENT school with WONDERFUL teachers who care about their students.It has high test scores & the teachers prepare the students well for the tests & the next year. They set high standards and goals, and the work is a bit challenging, but they make it SO much fun. The parents are very involved & there are many activities to particpate in. Its changed a little since I was last there but I still hear its a great school & I wish I could go back! I would highly recommend inrolling your children in this school:I've had nothing but good experiances & fun memories.
—Submitted by a former student

Grade level

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 79% in 2013.

49 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 86% in 2013.

49 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the Benchmark Exam to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in literacy and grades 3 through 8 in math. The Benchmark Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Source: Arkansas Department of Education

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 85% in 2013.

56 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 82% in 2013.

56 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

Source: Arkansas Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 39%N/A61%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

1301 Country Club Rd