Posted August 18, 2012
I'm so proud to say that I think the world of all the teachers and staff!! They have been very nice to my child and i!!

Florence Mattison Elementary School 1

Posted January 27, 2012
This school has managed to extinguish the flame of a very bright and loving little girl. She is bullied daily and punished for open inquiry. The teachers scream at the children (I have witnessed it firsthand). After 3rd grade they're thrown into a highschool-like environment where 9 year old children are expected to behave as if they are adults. They are graded harshly and given no opportunity to make-up work or earn extra credit. My daughter went from straight a's in k-3 to c's and d's in 4th. When I demand to know why, I hear "That's normal for kids to do poorly right now because we demand a lot more". If that's normal, then why are they graded as if it isn't!!!?!?!?! Don't send your kids here... I wish I hadn't. I'm glad we're moving away.

Posted February 27, 2011
My kids loved it at Florence Mattison. Great teachers and facilities. Many opportunities for parent involvement.

Posted February 27, 2011
We have really enjoyed our children attending this school. The teachers are open to parent involvement.

Posted June 12, 2007

Florence Mattison Elementary School 4

Posted November 03, 2006
My son has attended Florence Mattison for the last three school years. He is advanced in both reading and math. His teachers have been wonderful. He's well adjusted and loves going to school every morning. The parents at FMI seem to be interested and engaged and the children that I've come in contact with have been happy and well behaved. FMI seems to have a more diverse cultural mix than the other Conway schools. The kids seem to benefit from the diversity. Our families experience has been a positive one. Thank you FMI Staff ! - JMS -

Posted September 19, 2006
The reviews from 2004 are not a reflection of the schools reputation in 2006. Many changes have been made to the school environment! Teacher moral is very high and student achievement is on the rise! Florence Mattison competes with any school in the Conway School District as far as 'Teacher' quality. The term 'prison' like I would love for that to be expanded on. If teaching students to walk in a straight line is prison like, then help our Nation's Schools please! The principal is very professional and operates his school by the book. Apparently the two reviews have an impression of the principal that reflects a personal difference. I don't think not having an outgoing personality is a fair judgement of someone to be compared to as 'strict' and 'prison-like'! I see these two reviews as personal and uncredible!

Florence Mattison Elementary School 2

Posted August 31, 2004
When the children are gathered outside of the classrooms, this school has a prison-like operation. Kids are screamed at, yelled at in the halls, they are not allowed to talk during lunch. Older kids push, punch, and shove when teachers aren't looking. The principal seems very cold to the children, and the teachers are not happy. That is not too hard to see, and 9 teachers left over the summer (2004), including the vice-principal. Something needs to be fixed at this school.

Florence Mattison Elementary School 2

Posted March 22, 2004
The principal of this school has failed to mantain any sort of control over problem students. This has resulted in bullies getting away with assults on other students. The very best of teachers at this school are a result of keeping the discipline within the classroom and not involing the principal's office. There are quite a few great Teachers at this school, however they are out-numbered by trouble students and little or no support from the principal.attemps to take this to a higher level have been trying at best due to a lack of intrest by the school board. It looks good on paper so it must be OK. Well it's not OK, Its not safe, And It's a poor leaning environment

Florence Mattison Elementary School
2001 Florence Mattison Dr, Conway, AR  72032
Last modified Florence Mattison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Florence Mattison Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top