Bad
Good

Office staff were very snobby and made me feel like I didn't belong at the school as a family member. Teachers were very friendly.

Teachers and staff seem to have a genuine love for our children. Teachers work so hard it's unreal

I give this school a two because my son's teacher is absolutely amazing. However, some of the school's administrators can seem quite rude & make you feel out of place. I have only gotten good vibes off a very few of them and there is one particular guy that helps the students after school that I'm almost positive is racist! My son has improved greatly both academically & behavior wise. Thank God my son is over flow & won't have to attend next year.

I would highly recommend this school to anyone moving to the area. I've never had a problem there and the parent/teacher communication is fabulous!

This will be our 6th year as part of the Vann family. Both of my daughters have had great educational experiences here. The faculty is strong at each grade level. We also have nothing but praise for the art and PE teachers. We never had a problem with parent/school communication. The weekly school newsletter and teacher notes were very helpful. In addition, all of our teachers were accessible by e-mail or written notes. We found the entire staff to be caring and responsive. I would highly recommend this school to anyone moving to the area.

I have been very happy with Vann. The administration and the teachers really care about my daughter. It is the way a elementary school should be.

We moved here this year from out of state and my son is in Kindergarten at Vann. Mrs. Bryan has been excellent and is so loving and caring toward all of the children. There are many opportunities for parent involvement and the PTO seems very strong. I'm not sure what the previous reviewers were referring to with the communication. Perhaps that was in years past and has been resolved. We have had excellent communication (weekly newsletters from administration, frequent updates/newsletters from Mrs. Bryan and occasional letters from Kindergarten teachers as a group.) I love the 'folder' system that serves as a daily communication tool. Work comes home in a folder so that you review, sign and send back. This also informs you have how their day was as far as discipline. I can honestly say that I don't see how they could improve the communication any more. Highly recommend this school!!

We moved here last year. I have a 4th grader and a kindergartener. I love this school, the teachers are the best I have ever had to deal with, my son was an A student before moving here and he has maintained his grade point. Excellent school. They are very involved in what the children are doing and learning, everything is taken very seriously at Vann. We love it. Thanks

My son has been at Vann two years now and we love it. The teachers and staff are very caring. The specialty teachers are great. Parents are very involved. The Watch Dog Dad program is wonderful. Communication is good. We get weekly newsletters and bahavior reports. My son is doing really well in school. I especially like the Math curriculum.

My children go to Marguerite Vann. We have been very pleased with everything at our school. I would have to disagree with the parent who feels their is no communication. The school sends a weekly newsletter. The school also has an updated website. The Teachers send weekly or daily behavior communication, and weekly or bimonthly classroom newsletters. This parent must not be checking their child's backpack!

Last modified Marguerite Vann Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.